PDA

View Full Version : Richard L Markham, Trainer at Mountaineer.

Stillriledup
03-08-2014, 07:41 PM
Has 1,011 starts in the last 12 years and a total of 19 wins. He's 2 for his last 278 and has lost at least 133 races in a row.

He saddles The MyLilMoneymaker -Judy My Darling entry in the 3rd at The Mountain. Currently 2-5 on the tote with 3 mtp.

:(

Tom
03-08-2014, 07:47 PM
He's due!

nijinski
03-08-2014, 08:20 PM
I would like to see him , who I believe trains and owns the horse , run a few miles around the track ,with 1000 lbs of bricks on his back .
I believe she was supposed to be retired months ago .

Mineshaft
03-08-2014, 08:21 PM
what did the horse do?

Stillriledup
03-08-2014, 08:26 PM
what did the horse do?

Entry closed at 9-5 and neither horse ran one step. I think the only horse they beat was a horse who refused.

nijinski
03-08-2014, 08:49 PM
Mylilmoneymaker , who I've said earlier was to be retired and was for
a few months is an 11 yo .

therussmeister
03-08-2014, 08:53 PM
Has 1,011 starts in the last 12 years and a total of 19 wins. He's 2 for his last 278 and has lost at least 133 races in a row.

He's the most honest trainer in the game.

thaskalos
03-08-2014, 09:02 PM
Unfortunately...absolute honesty doesn't pay well in this game.

Kinda like being the only virgin in a brothel...

Stillriledup
03-08-2014, 09:19 PM
:D

Hard to argue.

NJ Stinks
03-09-2014, 01:10 AM
With all sincerity, this is a tremendous thread! :lol: :ThmbUp:

Tom
03-09-2014, 10:42 AM
What else was in the filed to make this one so low in odds?
Weinner dogs?

mountainman
03-09-2014, 11:57 AM
I never take shots on the air at Dick, primarily because his record speaks for itself, but also because he's a really nice guy whom I've known for a long time. In addition, his win-rate is so cartoonish that drawing attention to it would inevitably come off as cheap and gratuitous. With his coupling such short odds last night, however, not pointing out his ineptitude would have been negligent, so I did so, but as gently as possible.

Beyond that, Dick is something of a mystery. Word is, the guy is FABULOUSLY rich, but keeps a low profile for various reasons. I've heard he even infiltrated the amish-right down to dressing like them-in order to open business inroads that paid huge dividends.

Dick is probably in his 70's now, but can occasionally be spotted in the company of young hotties.

Milkshaker
03-09-2014, 01:46 PM
Beyond that, Dick is something of a mystery. Word is, the guy is FABULOUSLY rich, but keeps a low profile for various reasons. I've heard he even infiltrated the amish-right down to dressing like them-in order to open business inroads that paid huge dividends.

Dick is probably in his 70's now, but can occasionally be spotted in the company of young hotties.

Best two paragraphs I've read all week--I love this frickin' game! Characters like nowhere else!

rrpic6
03-09-2014, 01:47 PM
His son, Richard Jr., used to be the King of 2 furlong races 20 years ago. That kid could whip a horse 20 times in 22 seconds. I think he won some riding titles at Commodore Downs in the early 80's too.

RR

thaskalos
03-09-2014, 01:53 PM
I never take shots on the air at Dick, primarily because his record speaks for itself, but also because he's a really nice guy whom I've known for a long time. In addition, his win-rate is so cartoonish that drawing attention to it would inevitably come off as cheap and gratuitous. With his coupling such short odds last night, however, not pointing out his ineptitude would have been negligent, so I did so, but as gently as possible.

Do you suppose it's because of any pointers he might have picked up from the Amish?

Stillriledup
03-09-2014, 06:52 PM

I know your in house show is "old school" but has there ever been a thought of having a jock/trainer/owner on the set for a quick interview OR have you or Nancy head down to the paddock, Mic in hand, for an interview on some of the connections? Any thought of expanding the in house show to include interviews?

mountainman
03-10-2014, 10:21 AM
I know your in house show is "old school" but has there ever been a thought of having a jock/trainer/owner on the set for a quick interview OR have you or Nancy head down to the paddock, Mic in hand, for an interview on some of the connections? Any thought of expanding the in house show to include interviews?

Not sure. But if it ever happens, I'll make sure Dick gets asked abt the "amish caper"...lol.

Valuist
03-10-2014, 10:25 AM

Who knew that 1.9% win percentages could be a magnet for hotties?

mountainman
03-10-2014, 11:04 AM
I'm guessing they think furlong is a full -length mink coat.

Brogan
03-10-2014, 11:23 AM
Who knew that 1.9% win percentages could be a magnet for hotties?

You missed the relevant ingredient: "Word is, the guy is FABULOUSLY rich..."

Stillriledup
06-11-2014, 06:46 PM
Markham has won a race! At PiD.

not sure when *or how* but he did it! :jump: