PDA

View Full Version : Santa Anita Handicap

Tom
03-08-2014, 06:52 PM
Looking at TF figs, GOD looks to be past his best by a good margin. Track should keep him out front a while, but I think he is done. WTC should be hurt by the track. MMM close enough to reel in a retiring GOD?

Don't see any reason to bet this one. Two good horse on a crappy track surface. :sleeping: :sleeping:

Penn National has better betting races tonight.

Clocker
03-08-2014, 06:58 PM
You don't see value in MMM at 3/5??? :p

Robert Fischer
03-08-2014, 07:12 PM
Game On Dude

This is the type of race where you bet on a Game on Dude.
You may get 7-2 or more.
Last race was a horrible ride.
This race he may control the pace or at least have a good, forwardly placed trip.

my advice = :7: , or If you don't like Game On Dude for a WIN ticket, pass the race.

JimG
03-08-2014, 07:12 PM
Looking for an upset here with

:8: Hear the Ghost or :4: Imperative to win

Jim

PaceAdvantage
03-08-2014, 07:15 PM
I'm with you JimG.

Those two are the outsiders with value who actually have a shot to win IMO.

I think the :8: is the only horse worth a bet though in terms of chances + price.

Tee
03-08-2014, 07:15 PM
Send Game On Dude and hope he can find the finish line. Don't see a super fast pace to cook him. Then again if he is already well done. :)

Dan Montilion
03-08-2014, 07:18 PM
No wagering action and never a big fan of GOD. However, looking at possible pace scenario and his work pattern going into this as opposed to his last. I think he fires his best shot today.

Robert Fischer
03-08-2014, 07:18 PM
Pretty nice field for this race.

RXB
03-08-2014, 07:19 PM
Looks chalky to me. MMM should have perfect position. Pass.

RXB
03-08-2014, 07:23 PM
Good call, those of you who liked the Dude.

Clocker
03-08-2014, 07:30 PM
Good call, those of you who liked the Dude.

The Dude abides.

Vinnie
03-08-2014, 07:31 PM
Have to give it to the Dude, but, dang, put any horse in their with him with terrific speed up front and well you know the rest. When he's comfortable he's awfully tough. Can't knock him on his 3rd Big Cap however.

VeryOldMan
03-08-2014, 07:32 PM
Had nothing at stake and was watching as a fan of the sport - the Dude's performance was fun to watch. Old guy turning back the clock. Shades of some of the epic geldings. More, please! :)

RXB
03-08-2014, 07:34 PM
Yep, you gotta love those veterans that keep running well at a ripe age.

JustRalph
03-08-2014, 07:40 PM
With those fractions I gotta think the track was favoring speed. I think Andy was trying like hell to say that in so many words.

GOD just went a 1mile.25 a couple lengths faster than Secretariat's KY Derby

Tom
03-08-2014, 07:46 PM
Give his own way on a speed favoring track and he comes through.
I guess MMM bounced off that stellar performance last time out.
WTC was the only one in the race I though showed anything.

SA should consider putting in poly track - to get rid of the nagging bias they
always seem to have. :rolleyes:

precocity
03-08-2014, 07:58 PM
Give his own way on a speed favoring track and he comes through.
I guess MMM bounced off that stellar performance last time out.
WTC was the only one in the race I though showed anything.

SA should consider putting in poly track - to get rid of the nagging bias they
always seem to have. :rolleyes:
TOM???? WHAT THE HELL!!! GOD WAS RUNNING? HAD A TRILLION ON HIS NOSE? HE LOVES ME!!!! :cool:

Thebigguy
03-08-2014, 08:00 PM
I'm with you JimG.

Those two are the outsiders with value who actually have a shot to win IMO.

I think the :8: is the only horse worth a bet though in terms of chances + price.

I know its post race, but Hear the Ghost has been absolutely horrible. The only horses who offered any value ran 1st and 3rd.

GMB@BP
03-08-2014, 08:15 PM
Track was no doubt speedy, just like it has been for the past few decades on dirt.

The problem for Mucho Macho Man was he had to not comfortably chase a good horse but had to really run as a chaser, thats usually a disaster.

It could be argued WTC had to be closer but he was closer in his last couple, no doubt he had a tough setup.

That was race horse fractions and time.

Oh yea, WTF was hear the ghost doing? Never had been on a pace like that.

nijinski
03-08-2014, 08:41 PM
I know its post race, but Hear the Ghost has been absolutely horrible. The only horses who offered any value ran 1st and 3rd.

An injury earlier in his career , then they dealt with stomach ulcers with him . I think it's going to be tough to tell when he's feeling good enough
for a winning effort .

Tom
03-08-2014, 08:50 PM
Gutsy move by SA management,though.
With all the rain last week, it was touch and go that the asphalt they laid on the track would dry in time for the big day!

tanner12oz
03-08-2014, 09:07 PM

I agree...he doesn't seem to even have the same style as spring last year...

taxicab
03-08-2014, 09:16 PM

It was after the race, now wasn't it ?
At least Jim G & Pace A. had the guts to put a 20-1 shot up on the board ( against 3 monsters )......before the race.
Remind everybody again who you selected before the race was run.
Oh yeah, that's right......you didn't make a selection.
All you did was criticize the selection and the horse after the race was run.
There is nothing worse than a redboarder who doesn't make selections.

Stillriledup
03-08-2014, 09:25 PM
With all the rain last week, it was touch and go that the asphalt they laid on the track would dry in time for the big day!

The Asphalt Handicap! :D

Running on cement is good for the bones and joints of the horses, congrats to SA, they really got a surface we can all be proud of, a surface that protects the fragile horse population in So Cal.

Stillriledup
03-08-2014, 09:26 PM

Huh? Hear the Ghost was super last time he raced (before today), he was 3 wide on both turns and really dug gamely for 3rd, it was a visually strong performance.

SharpCat
03-08-2014, 09:52 PM
Game On Dude looked like a monster warming up and he sure ran like it.

Stillriledup
03-08-2014, 10:03 PM
It was after the race, now wasn't it ?
At least Jim G & Pace A. had the guts to put a 20-1 shot up on the board ( against 3 monsters )......before the race.
Remind everybody again who you selected before the race was run.
Oh yeah, that's right......you didn't make a selection.
All you did was criticize the selection and the horse after the race was run.
There is nothing worse than a redboarder who doesn't make selections.

Congrats on winning the 9th at Mountaineer tonight!! :D :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

nijinski
03-08-2014, 10:04 PM
Game On Dude looked like a monster warming up and he sure ran like it.
I enjoyed watching the win today , a real professional he is ! Congrats to the
connections !

Mystic
03-08-2014, 10:06 PM
Well ya know, they do say that a truly great horse can run on anything.. Turf, dirt, broken glass, asphalt... lol

bgbootha
03-08-2014, 11:55 PM
It always amazes me that people complain about the SA track being favoring to fast early horses.

Here is an idea...bet the fast early horses!

goatchaser
03-09-2014, 12:15 AM
Thank Gawd Auaduct has no bias latey. Vroooooooooom.......Rail........Over

goatchaser
03-09-2014, 12:20 AM
It always amazes me that people complain about the SA track being favoring to fast early horses.

Here is an idea...bet the fast early horses!

YEYYYYYYYYY BOOTHAAAAAAAAAA :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

Grits
03-09-2014, 12:57 PM
If Bob likes to come into races "quietly", I've got beachfront in Idaho. Somehow I've missed these big race days that he's remained mum and introverted. Good coverage of the race from BloodHorse.

"To me, it's an emotional win for the horse," the Hall of Fame trainer added. "It kills me when they knock on him, but we came in here quiet and that's the way I like to come in."
Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/83732/game-on-dude-captures-record-third-big-cap#ixzz2vU7aYCKv