PDA

View Full Version : No wonder we're now the world's laughingstock

reckless
03-08-2014, 06:08 PM
Every time this clown of a president opens his mouth, the world laughs at us.

But don't worry my fellow Americans, Barry Oh-no-bama does have swag.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/03/07/obama-misspells-respect-while-praising-franklin-before-white-house-concert/

Tom
03-08-2014, 06:19 PM
No child left behind.

ArlJim78
03-08-2014, 06:21 PM
years of too much choom will do that

FantasticDan
03-08-2014, 06:26 PM
It was a funny moment. He had a hard time spitting it out and the crowd had a laugh. :ThmbUp:

Clocker
03-08-2014, 06:41 PM
Give the guy a break. I'm sure it was just a typo on the teleprompter.

Tom
03-08-2014, 06:54 PM
It was a funny moment. He had a hard time spitting it out and the crowd had a laugh. :ThmbUp:
So did the world. :rolleyes:

jballscalls
03-08-2014, 07:13 PM
Everyone I've talked to from other countries say we're more respected under Obama than Bush.

I know recent polling says we American voters think we're less respected now than then, but do they poll what others around the world say?

Be curious to see the results. My sample size is literally 2 friends in australia, a bunch in canada and two in England, so by no means scientific!

Marshall Bennett
03-08-2014, 07:29 PM
Everyone I've talked to from other countries say we're more respected under Obama than Bush.
Only because they were more afraid of Bush than Obama. Liberal presidents, particularly the spineless variety, are as liberal minded abroad as they are at home. They could shout "BOO" and Obama would run.

PhantomOnTour
03-09-2014, 01:31 AM
The mantra from the righties 'round here used to be,
"Who cares what other countries think of us!"

Now it's,
"They're laughing at us!"

Robert Goren
03-09-2014, 09:33 AM
The right seems confuse hate with respect and liked with laughing stocking. The world is far more liberal than the United States. Just because a few conservatives on this forum like to think Obama is a laughing stock doesn't mean the rest of the world does.

newtothegame
03-09-2014, 09:59 AM

Now it's,

I don't think (at least for me) that it is whether or not the right cares what the world thinks.......

It is about the messiah and the claims that he was going to repair our image around the world......

If I recall correctly, there was the world travelling apologetic tour to fix our image and have everyone respect us.....:lol:

Robert Goren
03-09-2014, 10:12 AM
I don't think (at least for me) that it is whether or not the right cares what the world thinks.......

It is about the messiah and the claims that he was going to repair our image around the world......

If I recall correctly, there was the world travelling apologetic tour to fix our image and have everyone respect us.....:lol:There is no evidence that Obama is a laughing stock to anybody but the American conservatives just as there was evidence that Bush was a laughing stock to anybody but American liberals.

JustRalph
03-09-2014, 10:36 AM

Now it's,

Apples and oranges. The "righties' you speak of don't care as long as we have strong foreign policy and our prez isn't running around drawing imaginary red lines that don't mean a damn thing. But when the Prez is shown to be a fool we care that nobody has one ounce of fear and will do anything they want. It's plain apples and oranges you are comparing.

Notice also that "dreamers" crossing the border are up 800% in the last two years. Because they have nothing left to fear. You starting to see a pattern?

Dreamers=Democratic Voters

JustRalph
03-09-2014, 10:39 AM
The right seems confuse hate with respect and liked with laughing stocking. The world is far more liberal than the United States. Just because a few conservatives on this forum like to think Obama is a laughing stock doesn't mean the rest of the world does.

How about this guy? Does he count?

http://www.timesofisrael.com/iranian-general-obamas-threats-are-the-joke-of-the-year/

"President Barack Obama is a “low-IQ US president,” whose threat to launch a military offensive should nuclear talks fail is an oft-cited punchline in the Islamic Republic, particularly among children, an Iranian general said on Tuesday.

“The low-IQ US president and his country’s Secretary of State John Kerry speak of the effectiveness of ‘the US options on the table’ on Iran while this phrase is mocked at and has become a joke among the Iranian nation, especially the children,” General Masoud Jazayeri said, according to the semi-official Fars News Agency."

Read more: Iranian general: Obama's threats are 'the joke of the year' | The Times of Israel http://www.timesofisrael.com/iranian-general-obamas-threats-are-the-joke-of-the-year/#ixzz2vTbahxyH
Follow us: @timesofisrael on Twitter | timesofisrael on Facebook

JustRalph
03-09-2014, 10:45 AM
There is no evidence that Obama is a laughing stock to anybody but the American conservatives just as there was evidence that Bush was a laughing stock to anybody but American liberals.

How about these guys? Do they count?

http://www.newsmax.com/RonnTorossian/Ukrainians-Obama-Threats-Kiev/2014/02/20/id/553857

"The Ukrainian situation today is the same as Syria — and the same as Iran — and we know well that America has continually muttered empty words to foreign nations. The Ukrainians are tough people — after seeing how Obama reacted after the Syrians crossed every single red line, they are laughing and doing shots of vodka right now when thinking of Obama’s empty threats.

Obama abandoned Mubarak, a longtime American ally. He forgot the need for nations to protect their strategic interests. In the midst of chaos in Egypt, all sides in the civil war fault America, and this nation was formerly a staunch American ally. While few remember the names of the Americans killed in Benghazi, Putin stands by his Syrian allies.

There are many consequences to the Ukrainian crisis, but in the midst of it, any observer must agree that there has never been a time in recent history when America was less well respected worldwide. Thank You, President Obama."

Jay Trotter
03-09-2014, 10:46 AM
The people I know have only the highest regard for President Obama. :ThmbUp:

Now, on the other hand if you want to talk about "laughing stocks" you should take a look at Sarah Palin's CPAC speech. For some reason she thinks she's Tina Fey and that she is funny. She's is a laughing stock and to think she might have been in the White House. :lol:

JustRalph
03-09-2014, 10:49 AM
There is no evidence that Obama is a laughing stock to anybody but the American conservatives just as there was evidence that Bush was a laughing stock to anybody but American liberals.

Btw, they have been laughing for a while now

http://worldmeets.us/kayhan000006.shtml#axzz2vTdoF6cs

"Barack Hussein Obama’s visit to Russia will go down as perhaps one of the most embarrassing moments in American diplomatic history.

Obama’s “genius” secretary of state, Hillary Clinton, is obviously not up to the job of maintaining her president’s dignity during sensitive moments like this. Throughout the international community, there is a general consensus for a move away from the West and English-speaking world in particular, which seems to have been lost on Brown, Merkel, Sarkozy and Obama."

http://worldmeets.us/ http://worldmeets.us/kayhan000006.shtml#ixzz2vTebsYrL

Tom
03-09-2014, 10:53 AM
The people I know have only the highest regard for President Obama.

53% of us don't give a shit what they think.

JustRalph
03-09-2014, 10:53 AM

Now, on the other hand if you want to talk about "laughing stocks" you should take a look at Sarah Palin's CPAC speech. For some reason she thinks she's Tina Fey and that she is funny. She's is a laughing stock and to think she might have been in the White House. :lol:

CPAC is a stupid dog and pony show. They are stupid for putting it on. They have nothing!! Rick Perry was pretty good. He was the only one besides Scott Walker who can backup anything they say with real results over the last four years.

The most telling thing about CPAC was that they booed Christie.

Robert Goren
03-09-2014, 11:08 AM
An Iranian general, really that the best you can do. Of course he does know about real fear, I will give you that. The fear that if he says anything good about any American, he will be facing a firing squad.
Now a few questions for you since you are so big on fear. Do you respect Kim Jong Un? Do you fear him? Do you think he is a laughing stock?
I know of nobody who respects him, yet everybody fears him because is a crazy bastard with an A-bomb.

Robert Goren
03-09-2014, 11:12 AM
CPAC is a stupid dog and pony show. They are stupid for putting it on. They have nothing!! Rick Perry was pretty good. He was the only one besides Scott Walker who can backup anything they say with real results over the last four years.

The most telling thing about CPAC was that they booed Christie.All you need to know about CPAC is that Rand Paul won their straw poll.

Jay Trotter
03-09-2014, 11:44 AM
CPAC is a stupid dog and pony show. They are stupid for putting it on. They have nothing!!We agree.

Tom
03-09-2014, 12:11 PM
Kind of like a Toronto City Council meeting.

PaceAdvantage
03-09-2014, 01:28 PM
Anyone who thinks America is more respected around the world since Obama took the Oval Office is probably sporting the same IQ as Palin (the media-inspired version, not the reality version).

You have to be a real dope to honestly believe America is more respected since the 2008 election.

You may have hated everything Bush stood for, but at least the world knew he wouldn't make major statements on the world stage that he wouldn't later back up.

redshift1
03-09-2014, 02:54 PM
Anyone who thinks America is more respected around the world since Obama took the Oval Office is probably sporting the same IQ as Palin (the media-inspired version, not the reality version).

You have to be a real dope to honestly believe America is more respected since the 2008 election.

You may have hated everything Bush stood for, but at least the world knew he wouldn't make major statements on the world stage that he wouldn't later back up.

Article refutes your assertion and the entire thread for that matter.

http://www.pewglobal.org/2013/07/18/chapter-1-attitudes-toward-the-united-states/

JustRalph
03-09-2014, 02:57 PM
Article refutes your assertion and the entire thread for that matter.

http://www.pewglobal.org/2013/07/18/chapter-1-attitudes-toward-the-united-states/

8 months old too........

NJ Stinks
03-09-2014, 03:35 PM
Your examples are laughable, Ralph. You can find examples of anything if you look long enough.

People I meet in Europe have great regard for Obama.

You can disregard or deny Obama's popularity abroad but it means zip that you do. Just like you can moan about how supposedly ill-informed people got Obama two terms in office.

Here's a question: Is denying reality healthy?

davew
03-09-2014, 04:41 PM

They must all love how he is handling the keystone pipeline

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2014/02/20/pipeline_battles_loom_in_canada_in_if_keystone_sta lled.html

_______
03-09-2014, 06:53 PM
There have been two elections which, if you want, Americans mistaked Obama for a badass.

Or this country knew what it was voting for after "bring it on" left office.

You might disagree with the direction, but I don't think anyone actually voted for Obama because they thought he was going to be the big swinging dick of international politics.

Weak has to bluff strong. We don't.

Putin wants to put his dick in a grinder. Let him. This will play out to our advantage so long as tough guys like Lindsay Graham aren't running the show.

Jay Trotter
03-09-2014, 09:38 PM
Very interesting link posted by Redshift. Seems favorability to the U.S. was relatively high when Bush came into office and then plummeted while he was office and has been rebounding since he left office! Things that make you go hmmmm!

On the positive side for you Obama-haters the Middle Eastern countries still aren't too happy with America. (But then again you might not want their affection)

JustRalph
03-09-2014, 10:20 PM
Like the Iranian General said

He's a joke in the entire Islamic world

horses4courses
03-09-2014, 10:25 PM
Like the Iranian General said

He's a joke in the entire Islamic world

So, Islamics and US conservatives have something in common.

RmwqnqL3Hbg

Rookies
03-10-2014, 11:39 AM
Kind of like a Toronto City Council meeting.

Took until Post 23 for Tommy to unearth the nugget! :ThmbUp:

Nooooooooooooooobody beats Mayor Crackhead Slobbie for world ridicule!

Valuist
03-10-2014, 01:27 PM
All it really shows is that people who don't live here, don't know whats going on here. They take all their cues from the liberal American media. I'm sure the Europeans would be shocked at Obama's low approval ratings here.

Robert Goren
03-10-2014, 01:35 PM
All it really shows is that people who don't live here, don't know whats going on here. They take all their cues from the liberal American media. I'm sure the Europeans would be shocked at Obama's low approval ratings here.Low poll numbers and all, he'd still beat any republican out there and crush a any republican conservatives.

PhantomOnTour
03-10-2014, 01:36 PM
All it really shows is that people who don't live here, don't know whats going on here. They take all their cues from the liberal American media. I'm sure the Europeans would be shocked at Obama's low approval ratings here.
That is nothing more than a guess

thaskalos
03-10-2014, 01:42 PM
Is the Israeli 2013 U.S. Favorability rating accurate? How could this rating be higher during the Obama era? All I've been reading on this board is how anti-Israel Obama has been.

I guess we must know more about the U.S - Israel relations than the Israelis do... :rolleyes:

thaskalos
03-10-2014, 01:52 PM
I would argue that these ratings show a little more than you give them credit for...

They also show that those who claim that America was more respected throughout the world under Bush, don't exactly know what they are talking about.

But, hey...like the man said: why worry about the facts...when your mind is already made up?

PaceAdvantage
03-10-2014, 08:50 PM
Is the Israeli 2013 U.S. Favorability rating accurate? How could this rating be higher during the Obama era? All I've been reading on this board is how anti-Israel Obama has been.

I guess we must know more about the U.S - Israel relations than the Israelis do... :rolleyes:They were pretty high during Bush as well (78). Obama was at 83 sometime in 2013.

PaceAdvantage
03-10-2014, 08:51 PM
On the positive side for you Obama-haters the Middle Eastern countries still aren't too happy with America. (But then again you might not want their affection)Wasn't the Muslim world pretty much the target of "making us more liked" under Obama? I'm pretty sure it was...that was where we were most hated.

The fact that it hasn't improved under Obama says a lot.

PhantomOnTour
03-10-2014, 08:55 PM
Wasn't the Muslim world pretty much the target of "making us more liked" under Obama? I'm pretty sure it was...that was where we were most hated.

The fact that it hasn't improved under Obama says a lot.
...about the Muslims :ThmbUp: :D