PDA

View Full Version : Santa Anita

dirty moose
03-08-2014, 05:52 PM
Track looks so nice. Question about the infield, how does one get on the infield? And are you stuck there all day? Also is that inner dirt ring ever used for racing?

Moose

Stillriledup
03-08-2014, 05:55 PM
There's a tunnel you can actually walk under the racetrack and no, you're not stuck there all day.

OTM Al
03-08-2014, 06:00 PM
It is a nice place to visit if you get the chance. I went on Big Cap day last year. Posted some pictures around here somewhere.

dirty moose
03-08-2014, 10:20 PM
Yes, it looks amazing. I'd like to get out there some day. Del Mar too. Both look beautiful.
They beat Aqueduct and Belmont.

goatchaser
03-09-2014, 12:27 AM
2 tunnels leading from the grandstand area go underneath track. One near the finish line the other about where they would start a 1 1/6th race that lead to the infield. Another tunnel on the opposite side of the grandstand when they Park over on that side. Infield was a fun day for everyone today. I did not go over as Dogkatcher and i stayed where we always do. But alot of young people seemed to be enjoying the county bands they had out there. You can go back and forth through the tunnels all day long. The inner track is a training track. There is also a tunnel that leads from the barns that goes under the track between the 1/4 pole and where they started todays 1 1/4 race.

Bettowin
03-10-2014, 06:14 PM
Del Mar, Oaklawn and Churchill also have tunnels to the infield. I am sure there are more but those are the ones I have seen.

goatchaser
03-10-2014, 09:11 PM
I think there's a Tunnel from old Caliente Race Track in Mexico that leads to the other side of the California Border.