PDA

View Full Version : Malaysian passenger jet missing

Pages : [1] 2 3

Marshall Bennett
03-08-2014, 11:11 AM
In route to Beijing with 239 on board. Doesn't look good. No mayday or distress calls were made prior to loss of radar contact.
Sounds like a sudden decompression catastrophic sort of failure. The Boeing 777 has an excellent safety record. Sounds like a bomb or a missile strike, but that's only my speculation. Four on board were Americans.
Rip to all on board.

PhantomOnTour
03-08-2014, 11:13 AM
It went down off the Vietnam coast - sad story.
Me and my family were almost in an air disaster, and it's still the scariest thing I've ever experienced in my life.
Mid flight - our plane began to just fall out of the sky, we were plummeting for about 15 seconds before the pilots regained control.
I was about 9-10 yrs old.

DJofSD
03-08-2014, 11:46 AM
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/missing-jet/stolen-passports-prompt-terror-concerns-missing-jet-officials-say-n47861

Stolen Passports Prompt Terror Concerns in Missing Jet, Officials Say

U.S. officials told NBC News on Saturday they are investigating terrorism concerns after two people listed as passengers on the missing Malaysia Airlines jet turned out not to be on the plane and had reported their passports stolen.

DJofSD
03-08-2014, 11:56 AM
It went down off the Vietnam coast - sad story.
Me and my family were almost in an air disaster, and it's still the scariest thing I've ever experienced in my life.
Mid flight - our plane began to just fall out of the sky, we were plummeting for about 15 seconds before the pilots regained control.
I was about 9-10 yrs old.
I've had two different experiences of "close calls."

First was an aborted landing at LAX where we were fairly close to touch down but ascended rapidly for a go around and eventual landing due to another plane in the wrong place on the runway at the wrong time. How close we came to a disaster was never clear to me.

The second was on descent into Portland, OR. As the plane broke through the bottom of a cloud deck, the proximity RADAR picked up a small plane within a couple of miles. The pilot did a quick climb which took us back above the layer of clouds to then redo the approach. I got the details from the pilots after the deboarding of most of the passengers and I was able to talk with either the pilot or co-pilot. I was told we were not is any real danger considering the vectors but they were surprised by the sudden alarm and automatically followed their training.

DJofSD
03-08-2014, 12:04 PM
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-03-08/malaysian-air-passengers-used-stolen-austrian-italian-passports.html

cj's dad
03-08-2014, 12:10 PM
North Korea Missiles Passed Near Chinese Passenger Jet

Tuesday Volley Flew Above Airliner's Route Just Minutes Ahead of Plane

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303824204579420623335971350

DJofSD
03-08-2014, 12:14 PM
TWA crash in 1996 - again?

PhantomOnTour
03-08-2014, 12:28 PM
There were many Chinese citizens on this flight.
If this was a terrorist operation then they are going to have to deal with China, and whatever their response will be.

I would expect some serious measures from the Chinese.

Marshall Bennett
03-08-2014, 12:33 PM
TWA crash in 1996 - again?
TWA Flight 800 crash was traced to an electrical short in one of it's fuel tanks. Many still believe a missile brought it down. Modifications were made to 747's following the findings. Although there were witnesses claiming to have seen what appeared to be a ground-to-air missile, the NSTB dismissed it upon it's later findings after gathering the wreckage. What witnesses observed was burning fuel and wreckage falling from the plane, they say.

DJofSD
03-08-2014, 12:39 PM
Ya, and they put on sun glasses then pulled what looked like a pen out of their pocket.

DJofSD
03-08-2014, 01:08 PM
Any one hear if the NTSB has been invited to help?

PaceAdvantage
03-08-2014, 01:22 PM
Seems odd to go through the trouble of a terrorist attack, and in the end, nobody knows what the heck happened to the plane.

Terrorists usually want the world to know it was actually terrorism. So blowing it up in the middle of nowhere tends to be pretty ineffective.

Thus, I don't think this was terrorism. But that's just my gut talking.

PhantomOnTour
03-08-2014, 01:26 PM
Seems odd to go through the trouble of a terrorist attack, and in the end, nobody knows what the heck happened to the plane.

Terrorists usually want the world to know it was actually terrorism. So blowing it up in the middle of nowhere tends to be pretty ineffective.

Will be awhile before we really know what happened.
Unless some faction steps forward and claims responsibility. :eek:

lamboguy
03-08-2014, 01:33 PM
the worst thing i ever knew of was a friend of my mother's waiting for Pan Am flight 103 for her husband that got bombed over Lockerbie, Scotland. that was a terrorist attack.

i have to admit that with all the turmoil in the world, both Bush and Obama have done a great job protecting us.

PaceAdvantage
03-08-2014, 01:57 PM
Will be awhile before we really know what happened.
Unless some faction steps forward and claims responsibility. :eek:Even if they discover it's terrorism, there is no guarantee that news finds the light of day.

On the other hand, if it happens shortly after takeoff or on landing, in front of everyone in a major city, it becomes harder to cover up...then again, I've become cynical enough to believe we are only told whether it is terrorism or not terrorism only when it suits "their" agenda.

ArlJim78
03-08-2014, 02:13 PM
TWA Flight 800 crash was traced to an electrical short in one of it's fuel tanks. Many still believe a missile brought it down. Modifications were made to 747's following the findings. Although there were witnesses claiming to have seen what appeared to be a ground-to-air missile, the NSTB dismissed it upon it's later findings after gathering the wreckage. What witnesses observed was burning fuel and wreckage falling from the plane, they say.
If you haven't done so check out the documentary TWA: Flight 800.
you can stream it on Netflix.
it meticulously shreds the official story using former NTSB investigators, eye witnesses, and various experts.

PaceAdvantage
03-08-2014, 02:16 PM
I personally do not believe the official story behind TWA 800. I have been meaning to watch that documentary. Thanks for the reminder.

JustRalph
03-08-2014, 02:50 PM
It would take something serious to bring down a 777

These things are incredibly reliable. I also find it a little odd that the jet "lost contact" exactly two hours into the flight.

coincidence ? Yep, but 2 hours in, to the minute?

The stolen passports are a little odd, but I am betting that happens more often than we think...........they were taken 2 years earlier? You have to also realize that in the part of the world where this aircraft is operating, a hundred bucks to the right person probably gets you on any flight you want....... as long as you have docs

PaceAdvantage
03-08-2014, 02:55 PM
Good points Ralph. However, when it comes to terrorism, isn't the whole point to leave little doubt that it was terrorism?

JustRalph
03-08-2014, 03:28 PM
Good points Ralph. However, when it comes to terrorism, isn't the whole point to leave little doubt that it was terrorism?

Yep, and I agree it's odd that nobody is screaming they did it

This is strange...........

cj's dad
03-08-2014, 03:37 PM
IF it was N. Korea they wouldn't boast about it would they ?

Marshall Bennett
03-08-2014, 03:38 PM
It's been often observed that terrorist aren't necessarily the smartest operators around. Case in point is 911. Their objective was to kill as many as possible yet they flew their planes into the upper floors of their targets. Had they lowered their trajectory they would have trapped thousands more. Also, many of these bombing attempts that fail are independent factions of larger groups acting on their own. Their game plan is short and simple.
It's awfully early, but no doubt this jetliner met an abrupt ending. A botched repair job on a 747 tail section didn't surface till years later when it blew out over water and the plane disintegrated. Can't remember the date, happened quite a few years back. Mechanical failures are extremely rare causing this. More often than not it's a deliberate explosion

PaceAdvantage
03-08-2014, 03:40 PM
I wonder who the Americans were that were on that flight (I read there were four). Ralph's point about it disappearing exactly two hours into the flight is a peculiar one. The only thing I can think of is if there was someone on that flight they really wanted to "disappear." And they timed it such that the plane ended up in the middle of nowhere.

But then again, that's going REAL deep into the conspiracy weeds...

jballscalls
03-08-2014, 04:49 PM
so scary and so sad.

Tom
03-08-2014, 05:13 PM

Unless it was a a dry run, or test.
Scary.

DJofSD
03-08-2014, 05:14 PM
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-03-08/malaysia-airlines-beijing-flight-with-239-aboard-goes-missing.html

JustRalph
03-08-2014, 05:37 PM
IF it was N. Korea they wouldn't boast about it would they ?

This is very interesting. They are the first to brag about their military. But if this was an accident, I can see them keeping their mouth shut

Marshall Bennett
03-08-2014, 06:22 PM
I don't see why it would be in N. Korea's interest to destroy a Malaysian jetliner. Seems like the risk would far outweigh anything gained. Their leader's an idiot so I suppose anything is possible.
The water in the area where it was suppose to have vanished isn't that deep so hopefully the recovery of recording devices won't take 3 years as it did in the Air France disaster. They might at least rule out a mechanical malfunction.

nijinski
03-08-2014, 09:19 PM
No distress calls leads one to wonder . My thoughts and prayers go out
to all of their loved ones .

iceknight
03-08-2014, 09:35 PM
I don't see why it would be in N. Korea's interest to destroy a Malaysian jetliner. Seems like the risk would far outweigh anything gained. Their leader's an idiot so I suppose anything is possible.
I agree, with 100+ chinese citizens on board..

iceknight
03-08-2014, 09:39 PM
If you haven't done so check out the documentary TWA: Flight 800.
you can stream it on Netflix.
it meticulously shreds the official story using former NTSB investigators, eye witnesses, and various experts. Is this the same documentary? http://youtu.be/2wxgyUyvpRs

ArlJim78
03-08-2014, 10:06 PM
Is this the same documentary? http://youtu.be/2wxgyUyvpRs
no it isn't although some people appear in both, here is the trailer of the one I am talking about, it was released last year and was professionally and effectively put together. the most powerful part of it at least to me are the first hand accounts of credible eyewitnesses and long time NTSB investigators.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOqKuTBcqRs

Watch this movie and especially pay attention to the laughably comic, illogical, law of physics defying CIA cartoon animation which was supposed to explain what happened. It screams coverup.

fast4522
03-08-2014, 10:46 PM

I put it at 50 / 50 that it might have been a dry practice run by Terrorists, the logic may suggest "the real thing". If they were going to practice, would they aim from the water in a place they could easily disperse from without a trace. Knowing that whatever made it to the news might be covered up?
I am hoping for proof of human error or faulty mechanics, but this smells bad.

JustRalph
03-09-2014, 12:11 AM
I'm thinking NKorea could have done it on accident

JustRalph
03-09-2014, 12:32 AM
Manifest

http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/content/dam/mas/master/en/pdf/Malaysia%20Airlines%20Flight%20MH%20370%20Passenge r%20Manifest.pdf

Never seen an airline do this before

ArlJim78
03-09-2014, 01:32 PM
I'm thinking NKorea could have done it on accident
does North Korea have to ability to send missiles that far? If they do I don't know why China or other nearby nations would allow it for one, it would have had to fly over China wouldn't it? Why would China allow it and not know about it?
normally when there is news about a north Korean missile launch its to do with some missile falling into the Japan sea. Gulf of Thailand is a whole nother situation entirely. I just don't think it is possible for it to have been a North Korean missile.

Grits
03-09-2014, 01:42 PM
The world, so to speak, is coming to their aid in the search, but not anything is known yet. At this early point, and even later when all is determined, I can do nothing other than say prayers for those who died aboard this aircraft, and for those who love them. It is heartbreaking.

fast4522
03-09-2014, 02:05 PM
I do not think such an event would be in North Korea's best interests. To think that there no SAM's available for those willing to pay a big price is another flower story.

davew
03-09-2014, 04:51 PM
It is interesting a couple people were traveling with stolen passports.

JustRalph
03-09-2014, 05:00 PM
Just heard on radio that there might be four more stolen passports on board.

FBI and Interpol supposedly refusing to confirm that.

fast4522
03-09-2014, 05:32 PM
I'll bet they will be testing the fuselage within 72 hours for exposure to combustible elements and fuels. The passports were probably more deadly to illegals in route to Europe.

JustRalph
03-09-2014, 06:26 PM
Calls for "live black boxes" again.........

A live black box uploads black box info to the cloud so if something happens, and you can't find the plane, the data is available.

DJofSD
03-09-2014, 06:28 PM
Live black box will end up in the car, first.

Tom
03-09-2014, 07:01 PM
Calls for "live black boxes" again.........

A live black box uploads black box info to the cloud so if something happens, and you can't find the plane, the data is available.

Isn't is really inexcusable not to have that in place now, I mean it is 2014.
For all the flying I used to do, I will never set foot in an airplane ever again.
No way I will ever fly anywhere for any reason.

Marshall Bennett
03-09-2014, 07:58 PM
The probability of an intruder breaking in your home and killing you is much greater than dying on a jetliner. I don't know what happened here, but with all the new technology and safeguards in place, it's still the safest place to be on the planet. As with anything of course, shit happens.

horses4courses
03-09-2014, 08:12 PM
The probability of an intruder breaking in your home and killing you is much greater than dying on a jetliner. I don't know what happened here, but with all the new technology and safeguards in place, it's still the safest place to be on the planet. As with anything of course, shit happens.

Geez - it's always murderous intruders, or aviation disasters, with you guys.
Driving on a freeway, or crossing a city street, is a bigger danger to personal safety.

_______
03-09-2014, 08:27 PM
Geez - it's always murderous intruders, or aviation disasters, with you guys.
Driving on a freeway, or crossing a city street, is a bigger danger to personal safety.

I'm personally most worried about getting struck by lightning in the kidneys.

fast4522
03-10-2014, 07:29 AM
For all the flying I used to do, I will never set foot in an airplane ever again.

Marshall Bennett is quite accurate in post #45 with his observations, also a live black box can do nothing for the passengers once dead. A plane cursing at 35000 feet is way safer than someone driving down the street in a car. This plane had a lot of fuel when it dropped of radar less than one hour into its flight. One idea is that if an on board device was used to destroy the plane, the time to do it would have been for maximum effect over a large city. This is why I think those with phony passports are unlikely involved. A Boeing 777 just does not drop off radar at 35000 feet, they will find it. Air travel inside the United States is the safest in the world Tom, I would not be afraid of flying if I was you.

JustRalph
03-10-2014, 09:51 AM
Several reports that passengers using stolen passports have been identified. But they refuse to say where they came from or who they are. Only that Interpol and FBI assisted

DJofSD
03-10-2014, 12:16 PM
http://www.bloomberg.com/video/inside-the-malaysia-airlines-investigation-hUqHMSGcSeW~~040EYLMSw.html

Rookies
03-10-2014, 12:23 PM

I'll be going through LaGuardia in a couple of days on the way home from 2 weeks in Ft. Myers. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

The ONLY thing that concerns me is the next Snow storm!

ArlJim78
03-10-2014, 02:11 PM
CNN - What we know and don't know about the missing airliner.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/10/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-knowns-unknowns/index.html

Robert Goren
03-10-2014, 02:14 PM
To put it bluntly at this point, nobody knows crap.

DJofSD
03-10-2014, 02:19 PM
Has any one seen/heard anything about the search grid? Specifically, the possible maximum distance from the airport the plane could have traveled given the parameters of wind, weight, altitude, etc.?

lamboguy
03-10-2014, 03:00 PM
To put it bluntly at this point, nobody knows crap.
someone always knows something, at this time no one is telling us,

DJofSD
03-10-2014, 03:02 PM
someone always knows something, at this time no one is telling us,
Good point.

Just another demonstration that absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Marshall Bennett
03-10-2014, 03:08 PM
I checked their fleet and all 14 of their 777's are ER models with a range of 6000 miles. Haven't heard the question raised if the transponder is disabled whether intentionally or due to a malfunction how far the plane could stray undetected. Would have to dig deeper into the characteristics of the aircraft.
Seems if they're searching the correct area they'd found a trace of it by now.
Almost beginning to look as if it was more of a coordinated attempt to fly it elsewhere before destroying it. Whether it exploded at 35,000 ft. or hit the water and disintegrated, seems like floating debris would be present by now.

DJofSD
03-10-2014, 03:11 PM
Mention of the transponder reminds me that Clancy used hacking of the transponder as a key aspect of at least one of his stories.

kingfin66
03-10-2014, 04:04 PM
I checked their fleet and all 14 of their 777's are ER models with a range of 6000 miles. Haven't heard the question raised if the transponder is disabled whether intentionally or due to a malfunction how far the plane could stray undetected. Would have to dig deeper into the characteristics of the aircraft.
Seems if they're searching the correct area they'd found a trace of it by now.
Almost beginning to look as if it was more of a coordinated attempt to fly it elsewhere before destroying it. Whether it exploded at 35,000 ft. or hit the water and disintegrated, seems like floating debris would be present by now.

I was thinking the same thing about debris. I know that satellite imagery cannot see things underwater, but it seems to be that there would be a lot off floating debis in the form of luggage, clothes, papers...whatever floats, especially seat cushions. Where is it? Why has it not been spotted? The ocean is a big place, but with satellites, shipping traffic, and aerial searches, it has got to be found.

_______
03-10-2014, 04:12 PM
I was thinking the same thing about debris. I know that satellite imagery cannot see things underwater, but it seems to be that there would be a lot off floating debis in the form of luggage, clothes, papers...whatever floats, especially seat cushions. Where is it? Why has it not been spotted? The ocean is a big place, but with satellites, shipping traffic, and aerial searches, it has got to be found.

One answer would be that it crashed on land.

rastajenk
03-10-2014, 04:14 PM
Or that it didn't crash at all.

PhantomOnTour
03-10-2014, 04:15 PM
Or that it didn't crash at all.
I've been trying to stop myself from suggesting this, but it has crossed my mind.
Hijacked - not crashed

HUSKER55
03-10-2014, 04:19 PM
Flatline,

I have been thinking along those lines except I don't think it crashed. I think some terrorist are about to deliverer a surprise.

_______
03-10-2014, 04:32 PM
I can see this is going to be a conspiracy gold mine.

Maybe a flying saucer captured it.

Crashing on land is a barely semi-legitimate possibility. The idea that a 777 is secretly being held somewhere is a fevered dream.

JustRalph
03-10-2014, 04:35 PM
Even If they turn off the transponder, it still shows as a radar contact.

The transponder ID's the aircraft. But the controllers would notice it turned off almost immediately. But they could still track the airplane until it got down low or went into a gap in the radar coverage. Very few gaps exist and I have not heard that is the case.

I did hear the Travel agent who bought the tickets for the stolen passports was an Iranian travel agent. They were paid with cash, one way tickets.

_______
03-10-2014, 04:37 PM
Even If they turn off the transponder, it still shows as a radar contact.

The transponder ID's the aircraft. But the controllers would notice it turned off almost immediately. But they could still track the airplane until it got down low or went into a gap in the radar coverage. Very few gaps exist and I have not heard that is the case.

I did hear the Travel agent who bought the tickets for the stolen passports was an Iranian travel agent. They were paid with cash, one way tickets.

There are many gaps in radar coverage including where this plane disappeared.

DJofSD
03-10-2014, 04:40 PM
There are many gaps in radar coverage including where this plane disappeared.
That could very well be true, however, I thought the initial reports stated the aircraft disappeared from RADAR. Could it have been a transponder signal ceasing instead? Reporters might not have differentiated between the two.

_______
03-10-2014, 04:51 PM
That could very well be true, however, I thought the initial reports stated the aircraft disappeared from RADAR. Could it have been a transponder signal ceasing instead? Reporters might not have differentiated between the two.

A transponder transmits an identifying signal. Turning it off would not make a plane disappear from radar.

Disappearing from radar happens all the time when a plane flies outside of the specific range of a specific radar station. And planes do fly outside the range of all radar at times.

Until there is more information, everyone should just relax.

ArlJim78
03-10-2014, 05:21 PM
A transponder transmits an identifying signal. Turning it off would not make a plane disappear from radar.

Disappearing from radar happens all the time when a plane flies outside of the specific range of a specific radar station. And planes do fly outside the range of all radar at times.

Until there is more information, everyone should just relax.
relax about what? what difference does it make that planes may disappear from radar at times, while in flight? They don't land without showing up on radar.

_______
03-10-2014, 05:25 PM
relax about what? what difference does it make that planes may disappear from radar at times, while in flight? They don't land without showing up on radar.

Yep.

DJofSD
03-10-2014, 05:28 PM
OK, so, if during an international flight over water, an aircraft disappears, it's not unusual, how and when does it become a missing plane? When they don't see a transponder signal? When the crew does not respond to a radio contact? When they don't reappear on another RADAR screen that is different from the initial departure location?

Marshall Bennett
03-10-2014, 07:45 PM
I don't ever recall a large airliner that stayed missing this long. Maybe 50+ years ago, I don't know.
The longer it stays missing, the more hope for the passengers I suppose, and the more worried everyone else gets over what happens with it next.

kingfin66
03-10-2014, 08:28 PM
It is quite a mystery. I considered the possibility that the plane did not crash, but you cannot just land a 777 anywhere and it is going to show up on radar at some point. If it crashed on land, the wreckage would seemingly be easier to find and there would be greater likelihood of witnesses. There was an indication that the plane may have attempted to turn around. If this was the case, then the plane could have gone down far from where the search is taking place.

PaceAdvantage
03-10-2014, 09:13 PM
After watching the TWA 800 documentary, it becomes harder and harder to believe any official story these days.

You'll be told what they want you to hear. It could be the truth, or it could be a thousand light years removed from the truth. You'll never quite know.

lamboguy
03-10-2014, 09:22 PM
above poster could not be more right.

Mystic
03-10-2014, 09:58 PM
Maybe some Aliens took them. I mean what the hell? Almost 3 days now and still no sign?

DJofSD
03-10-2014, 10:00 PM
I'm leaning towards the flying into a wormhole theory.

iceknight
03-10-2014, 11:29 PM
One way to help .. especially those who analyze photofinish pixels very closely

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2014/03/crowdsourcing-the-search-for-malaysia-flight-370/

ACTUAL CROWDHELP SITE
http://www.tomnod.com/nod/challenge/malaysiaairsar2014

PaceAdvantage
03-11-2014, 12:58 AM
This case gets weirder by the hour:

"According to a China.org.cn report, 19 families signed a statement saying that dialing their loved ones' phones leads to a ring, rather than going straight to voicemail, as one would expect of a phone in airplane mode or otherwise unable to be reached."

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/missing-jet/malaysia-airlines-passengers-phones-ringing-maybe-not-n49371

fast4522
03-11-2014, 06:22 AM
Not that this is comforting:
Deeper waters, different accident.

Air France Flight 447
While Brazilian authorities were able to locate the first major wreckage within five days of the accident, initial investigation was hampered because the aircraft's black boxes were not recovered from the ocean floor until May 2011, nearly two years later.

HUSKER55
03-11-2014, 06:53 AM
if that was true wouldn't the powers that be have the ability to trace the signal?

JustRalph
03-11-2014, 08:41 AM
Ok, now the military says they tracked the plane on radar, and it was a hundred miles off course

If they found this thing in a garage in Jersey, I wouldn't be surprised at this point

JustRalph
03-11-2014, 08:53 AM
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/03/11/4757028/search-widens-for-missing-malaysian.html#.Ux8HASe9KSN

Not sure I'm buying it. Asylum?

Mystic
03-11-2014, 10:24 AM
This was odd.

"Interpol identified the second man as Seyed Mohammed Reza Delavar, a 29-year-old Iranian, and released an image of the two boarding a plane at the same time. Interpol Secretary General Ronald K. Noble said the two men traveled to Malaysia on their Iranian passports, then apparently switched to their stolen Austrian and Italian documents."
Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/03/11/4757028/search-widens-for-missing-malaysian.html#.Ux8a7c5xCQC#storylink=cpy

What would the reason be for that?

davew
03-11-2014, 10:47 AM
I figured they were mules running drugs to Amsterdam.

Mystic
03-11-2014, 10:48 AM
20 employees of the Texas based company "Freescale" were aboard.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nascar/story/2014-03-08/freescale-semiconductor-nascar-malaysian-airlines-flight-mh370-sprint-cup-missing-plane

DJofSD
03-11-2014, 10:49 AM
Nope, sneakin' in the back door to Moscow to meet up with Snowden.

Marshall Bennett
03-11-2014, 11:03 AM
Odds are this was a hijacking. What odds? Right now I'm saying 3-5.
Odds are getting better there are survivors as well.
They say it disappeared at 1 AM Malaysian time Saturday. That would be maybe 12 hours earlier here or 1 PM Friday. This means it's been missing nearly 48 hours. Almost unbelievable they haven't found a trace. This either had to be an exceptionally well orchestrated act of terror, or the search is exceptionally sloppy.
Almost a real-life episode of the Twilight Zone.

JustRalph
03-11-2014, 11:44 AM
http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2014/03/11/Missing-MH370-dont-rely-on-google-maps/

Give me a break

DJofSD
03-11-2014, 11:51 AM
Those people wouldn't understand past-posting either.

ArlJim78
03-11-2014, 01:24 PM
with all these rumours and a complete absence of facts, you have to feel for the relatives of those on this flight. what torture it must be for them to be in this hellish limbo.

horses4courses
03-11-2014, 01:42 PM
CNN is going with the latest rumor put out by an unnamed source in the Malaysian Air Force that the flight was last monitored hundreds of miles from it's flight path. Just keeps getting more bizarre.........

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/11/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/index.html

tucker6
03-11-2014, 02:18 PM
makes me start to think of Payne Stewart the golfer and how he died.

Mystic
03-11-2014, 02:23 PM
with all these rumours and a complete absence of facts, you have to feel for the relatives of those on this flight. what torture it must be for them to be in this hellish limbo.As well as the most likely false hope that they are still alive.

Marshall Bennett
03-11-2014, 03:06 PM
Malaysian military now saying airliner strayed hundreds of miles west. This would place it somewhere in the Indian Ocean. I assume the water is much deeper there. This can't be very good news.

JustRalph
03-11-2014, 03:15 PM
Malaysian military now saying airliner strayed hundreds of miles west. This would place it somewhere in the Indian Ocean. I assume the water is much deeper there. This can't be very good news.

Why three days to get this info? Hope nobody needed to be rescued

kingfin66
03-11-2014, 03:24 PM
makes me start to think of Payne Stewart the golfer and how he died.

That is an interesting theory. There could have been some type of depressurization event that incapacitated all aboard, but the plane kept flying, but would it explain how they lost contact?

JustRalph
03-11-2014, 03:37 PM
That is an interesting theory. There could have been some type of depressurization event that incapacitated all aboard, but the plane kept flying, but would it explain how they lost contact?

No oxygen, they passed out. They were at 37k feet. Not lots of breathable air at that altitude. Here's an old article.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/t/story?id=94839

tucker6
03-11-2014, 03:54 PM
My answer - air traffic control literally being asleep. Let me ask this question. If air traffic control is really on the ball and sees a plane turning around and loses its transponder signal, wouldn't there have been planes sent up to investigate within minutes?? It makes more sense to believe that a controller at 1am local time was asleep and didn't note anything unusual until the plane was far, far away. The drip drip of new info would account for a coverup of this potential fact.

tucker6
03-11-2014, 04:05 PM
As I think about it, I'm not sure if we can believe the reports that the transponder was not working. It may not be true in the end.

My working theory on the mystery is that the plane had a depressurization event coupled by mistakes on the ground during the event. These two things have led to a lack of knowledge as to the planes whereabouts. Personally, I believe it has crashed on land in some remote area. We shall see.

tucker6
03-11-2014, 04:15 PM
As for the Chinese cell phones ringing, if true, then finding the plane should be easy. Track the GPS location of the ringing phones! otherwise, not believable.

I guess what I'm getting at is there is a LOT of poop being thrown around. Much probably untrue.

_______
03-11-2014, 04:16 PM
My prediction: Lacking any facts, many people will postulate wildly unlikely scenarios on the internet.

The plane will eventually be found but by then it will be too late to dissuade those of a conspiracy mindset. This is going to sum larger than 9/11 x Obama's birth + JFK for those so inclined.

Years and years of sad sad man lives will be spend typing vigorous arguments pro and con. Like minded people will find reinforcing opinions on the internet and mistake that for an actual life.

None of the arguments will dissuade those who believe we've had the wool pulled over our eyes or those that think otherwise.

Everyone on both sides wil eventually die and the world will go on without them.

The end.

tucker6
03-11-2014, 04:17 PM
My prediction: Lacking any facts, many people will postulate wildly unlikely scenarios on the internet.

The plane will eventually be found but by then it will be too late to dissuade those of a conspiracy mindset. This is going to sum larger than 9/11 x Obama's birth + JFK for those so inclined.

Years and years of sad sad man lives will be spend typing vigorous arguments pro and con. Like minded people will find reinforcing opinions on the internet and mistake that for an actual life.

None of the arguments will dissuade those who believe we've had the wool pulled over our eyes or those that think otherwise.

Everyone on both sides wil eventually die and the world will go on without them.

The end.
you'll never get that five minutes back you know.

_______
03-11-2014, 04:22 PM
you'll never get that five minutes back you know.

Yep. Just doing my part for the sad man lives collection.

ArlJim78
03-11-2014, 04:51 PM
What conspiracy theories? I must have missed them.

_______
03-11-2014, 05:12 PM
What conspiracy theories? I must have missed them.

Said the TWA 800 conspiracy guy.

It's a simple prediction based on past experience.

http://pix11.com/2014/03/10/missing-malaysia-airlines-flight-370-conspiracy-theories-dog-previous-mystery-crashes/#axzz2vgrDmChh

ArlJim78
03-11-2014, 05:58 PM
Said the TWA 800 conspiracy guy.

It's a simple prediction based on past experience.

You said conspiracies about this Malyasian plane will go on no matter what. Perhaps but that's just wild speculation at this point because we just don't know. If this plane is discovered in the ocean with an obvious mechanical failure I don't think you'll see a whole lot of conspiracies floated about it.

A lot is known about TWA800 on the other hand and the official version is not supported by the facts. I don't claim there was a conspiracy, but a great many aspects of that event and the way the investigation was carried out do not add up and arouse suspicion.

_______
03-11-2014, 06:21 PM
You said conspiracies about this Malyasian plane will go on no matter what. Perhaps but that's just wild speculation at this point because we just don't know. If this plane is discovered in the ocean with an obvious mechanical failure I don't think you'll see a whole lot of conspiracies floated about it.

A lot is known about TWA800 on the other hand and the official version is not supported by the facts. I don't claim there was a conspiracy, but a great many aspects of that event and the way the investigation was carried out do not add up and arouse suspicion.

Yep. But my five minutes are up.

Imagine I am banging my head against a wall over and over and over again.

Later on I get agitated and take a full speed head down run from 15 yards.

Now we both feel better.

TJDave
03-11-2014, 07:06 PM
Malaysia has more than one plane, right?

It's not like we have to find this one.

fast4522
03-11-2014, 07:18 PM
This plane was not some tin can, it had state of the art on board systems. You don't just hook a 90 and not tell air traffic control your intentions. When did the pilot of that plane ever do that in his 19 years of service?

BOEING warned of computer takeover of 777...

https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2013/11/18/2013-27343/special-conditions-boeing-model-777-200--300-and--300er-series-airplanes-aircraft-electronic-system

JustRalph
03-12-2014, 04:15 PM
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/missing-jet/oil-workers-claim-burning-plane-probed-official-n50926

The plot thickens?

Guy says he saw it crash

tucker6
03-12-2014, 05:09 PM
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/missing-jet/oil-workers-claim-burning-plane-probed-official-n50926

The plot thickens?

Guy says he saw it crash
He's got amazing night vision to see that the plane was intact at 1am local time.

Red Knave
03-12-2014, 05:10 PM
The end.

I liked your story the best.

DJofSD
03-12-2014, 05:21 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/12/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/index.html

098poi
03-12-2014, 05:27 PM
I was at the gym this morning before work and they had on either Today or GMA and they did a story about a company that has satellites and they are letting the public assist in searching through different images of the ocean. But then the guy says that there were so many people logged on to the site that it "crashed". It was an unfortunate choice of words.

Tom
03-12-2014, 06:09 PM
China says it may have satellite photos of the wreckage.....

DJofSD
03-12-2014, 06:17 PM
See the link I posted just a bit earlier in the thread ...

Mystic
03-12-2014, 06:35 PM
Frickin China. If that is indeed the plane and they saw it Sunday, those poor victims are fish bait by now. Why in the hell did they wait 3 days to say anything?!! :mad:

Mystic
03-12-2014, 06:38 PM
Also, isn't there a tracking device in the "Black Box" that should of been transmitting a signal even in the deep water? Sorry, if I missed this discussion, but I am curious to know.

iceknight
03-12-2014, 07:39 PM
Gradual cabin pressure loss due to a potential structural defect in the Boeing 777 (an issue that US safety regulators noted and had issued a worldwide alert last year calling for fixes) could have rendered crew and passengers unconscious.

Source:
Australian Sydney Morning Herald: http://www.smh.com.au/world/missing-malaysia-airlines-plane-us-issued-warnings-over-boeing-777s-20140312-hvhqz.html

DJofSD
03-12-2014, 07:45 PM
Looks like the price of BA puts is climbing.

Mystic
03-12-2014, 08:07 PM
Gradual cabin pressure loss due to a potential structural defect in the Boeing 777 (an issue that US safety regulators noted and had issued a worldwide alert last year calling for fixes) could have rendered crew and passengers unconscious.

Source:
Australian Sydney Morning Herald: http://www.smh.com.au/world/missing-malaysia-airlines-plane-us-issued-warnings-over-boeing-777s-20140312-hvhqz.html
Well lets hope that's the case so they didn't have to experience crashing.

RaceBookJoe
03-12-2014, 08:21 PM

Source:

Something like that, on a smaller scale/plane happened to that golfer a number of years back.

PhantomOnTour
03-12-2014, 08:24 PM

Source:
But that doesn't explain why the plane went down.
It should have kept going until it ran out of gas...that's what happened to Payne Stewart's plane.

JustRalph
03-12-2014, 08:36 PM
Rumors that a 777 has been spotted in a hanger in Iran............... :eek:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/03/12/notice-anything-strange-about-the-photos-of-the-men-who-used-stolen-passports-on-the-missing-malaysian-plane/

check out this story...........

tucker6
03-12-2014, 08:59 PM
But that doesn't explain why the plane went down.
It should have kept going until it ran out of gas...that's what happened to Payne Stewart's plane.
unless pilots took it out of autopilot before passing out.

horses4courses
03-12-2014, 09:16 PM
Rumors that a 777 has been spotted in a hanger in Iran............... :eek:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/03/12/notice-anything-strange-about-the-photos-of-the-men-who-used-stolen-passports-on-the-missing-malaysian-plane/

check out this story...........

Thanks, but I'll pass.
theblaze.com....ohhh boyyaah :rolleyes:

Next, we'll get an Elvis sighting riding a fireball in the sky.
I'll check that story out.

JustRalph
03-12-2014, 09:19 PM
Thanks, but I'll pass.

I'll check that story out.

These Malaysian guys are pure assholes. They now admit they photoshopped the pictures from the article linked above.

PaceAdvantage
03-13-2014, 04:40 AM
Thanks, but I'll pass.

I'll check that story out.So I guess I can dismiss the story because it is from the blaze...photos weren't photoshopped...oh wait...now Malaysia admits they were photoshopped...

Never mind... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :bang: :bang: :faint: :faint:

Mystic
03-13-2014, 06:41 AM

Or not

http://news.msn.com/world/malaysia-no-debris-at-spot-shown-on-china-images

DJofSD
03-13-2014, 09:23 AM
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-03-13/missing-malaysian-jet-said-to-have-flown-with-beacon-off.html

Mystic
03-13-2014, 09:50 AM
This is getting or has already gotten to the point of being ridiculous! I can only imagine the turmoil of what the families and loved ones must be going through. To have that one little tiny feeling of hope that maybe they aren't dead. I will keep the faith that they are still alive and that all this craziness of disappearing ends today.

woodtoo
03-13-2014, 01:01 PM
After so many days with no results,I'm leaning towards a hijacking,
perhaps to Pakistan.Sure keeps Ukraine off the radar:eek:

davew
03-13-2014, 01:10 PM
The engine supposedly gave off status reports for 4 hours after last 'known' location time. The engines give status report bursts every 30 minutes to Boeing and Rolls Royce with altitute, speed, fuel consumption... sure is starting to look like not accidental failure, unless everyone passed out from decompression.

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/rolls-royce-may-hold-crucial-key-malaysia-flight-143455698.html

HUSKER55
03-13-2014, 01:14 PM
here is a conspiracy twist.. I think Chris Angel is behind this and it is a gimmick for his next show. :D

Upon reflection, if it were true, do you realize how many people he bamfoozled?

:D :D

fast4522
03-13-2014, 01:23 PM
I do not buy into the pilot turning off the beacon, turning the plane or anything that is out of character for a man with 19 years service. These guys are the backbone of any commercial carrier. In this case I feel the company, its government, and military are on par with those who first gave the official statement about Benghazi to us Americans. We are at a point in time when an Official report is not trusted to the public.

tucker6
03-13-2014, 01:47 PM
The engine supposedly gave off status reports for 4 hours after last 'known' location time. The engines give status report bursts every 30 minutes to Boeing and Rolls Royce with altitute, speed, fuel consumption... sure is starting to look like not accidental failure, unless everyone passed out from decompression.

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/rolls-royce-may-hold-crucial-key-malaysia-flight-143455698.html
Which falls in line with the plane running out of fuel. I read that the plan had about 2,200 miles of fuel likely on board when it hit its snag. At 550 mph (my guess), that is four hours to engines no longer performing.

JustRalph
03-13-2014, 03:30 PM
Lots of places in that 4 hour period

Could that plane be on the ground somewhere?

If so, it could be one hell of a weapon in the wrong hands.........

PaceAdvantage
03-13-2014, 04:03 PM

If so, it could be one hell of a weapon in the wrong hands.........Yeah...this isn't good...hopefully, the Obama administration is good at scrambling jet fighters just in case...

fast4522
03-13-2014, 07:49 PM
Horseshit,

If that 777 is found to be hijacked and is sitting in a country complicit in its hijacking we should send the Pennsylvania and obliterate it.

Tape Reader
03-13-2014, 08:20 PM
Anyone thinking about the “Philadelphia Experiment”?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philadelphia_Experiment (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philadelphia_Experiment)

HUSKER55
03-13-2014, 08:49 PM
JUST ASKING, if that were true, why this plane? Who has the technology in your opinion?
China?

JustRalph
03-13-2014, 08:57 PM
JUST ASKING, if that were true, why this plane? Who has the technology in your opinion?
China?

maybe someone who needs the technology from the guidance systems onboard?

you know, someone who has been under sanctions etc?

Tape Reader
03-13-2014, 08:59 PM
China?

IMO, we do. Nice way to say to Putin that we have better “toys” than you do. The U.S. does it with haarp/drones all the time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Frequency_Active_Auroral_Research_Program (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Frequency_Active_Auroral_Research_Program)

iceknight
03-13-2014, 10:07 PM
Horseshit,

If that 777 is found to be hijacked and is sitting in a country complicit in its hijacking we should send the Pennsylvania and obliterate it. Right. that is if it already was not brought by a navy missile. remember Vincennes?

Also, I would think it is a lot more harder to steal a plane with 200+ passengers and 10-12 other crew members (who may not want to go along for this ride) than just trying to steal/buy through clandestine means- that technology/scientists who know that tech.

Tom
03-13-2014, 10:32 PM

you know, someone who has been under sanctions etc?

Who like that would fall within the circle of potential locations and have an airport large enough to handle a landing?

But, how do you stop all the cell phones on board from getting a message out?
Decompress the cabin only?

Or Klingons?
Romulons?

PhantomOnTour
03-13-2014, 10:39 PM
Who like that would fall within the circle of potential locations and have an airport large enough to handle a landing?

But, how do you stop all the cell phones on board from getting a message out?
Decompress the cabin only?

Or Klingons?
Romulons?
This is clearly the work of the Ferengi

PaceAdvantage
03-14-2014, 02:20 AM

If so, it could be one hell of a weapon in the wrong hands.........Looks like this theory is starting to be taken seriously....

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/missing-malaysia-jet-may-have-flown-on-for-hours-2014-03-13?link=MW_popular
At one briefing, according to this person, officials were told investigators are actively pursuing the notion that the plane was diverted “with the intention of using it later for another purpose.”I would think that if this scenario were true, technology exists such that the US knows where this plane is. We have satellites in place with incredibly detailed tracking capability. I'd be surprised if we didn't have the ability to go back and review satellite and radar data and know exactly where this plane went if indeed it did not meet a catastrophic ending.

fast4522
03-14-2014, 07:20 AM
The Wall Street Journal reports that 3 on board senors were switched off by the controls in the cockpit at various times. Also there were features built into the plane's technology that transmit to satellite monitoring engine health and speed with time of engine speed and time. They know by satellite connection exactly how long those jet engines continued to run healthy after last voice contact by the pilot. The satellite data includes engine health, engine speed, and time.

tucker6
03-14-2014, 07:23 AM
Looks like this theory is starting to be taken seriously....

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/missing-malaysia-jet-may-have-flown-on-for-hours-2014-03-13?link=MW_popular
I would think that if this scenario were true, technology exists such that the US knows where this plane is. We have satellites in place with incredibly detailed tracking capability. I'd be surprised if we didn't have the ability to go back and review satellite and radar data and know exactly where this plane went if indeed it did not meet a catastrophic ending.
THIS. Langley probably has several satellite analysts looking over images from that time. I suspect we already know what happened to it, and are silently preparing counter measures. A 777 is not easy to hide, and using one as a missile wouldn't be my first choice. It has no maneuverability when confronted. Not that any commercial airliner has that capability. More likely is that someone wanted the technology. If indeed someone stole the plane and killed all the people on board, I will gladly have the USA step aside and let the Chinese have at them. They lost a lot of souls if the passengers were killed intentionally, and the Chinese would probably equate it to a 9/11 sized terrorism event.

tucker6
03-14-2014, 07:27 AM
Can the pilots decompress the plane in such a way that the oxygen masks don't come down? Can the oxygen mask mechanism be disabled for the passenger section? Decompression is the only way I can see no messages getting out from the passengers, but it involves pilot involvement, which I suspect anyway.

HUSKER55
03-14-2014, 08:52 AM
Since it is a mechanical device I would guess yes. Remove the power and it wouldn't work. They test it every so often, so I was told, so they have to have a way to re-set it.

Marshall Bennett
03-14-2014, 01:24 PM
01:00 EST tomorrow morning will mark 7 days since it disappeared. I'm beginning to lean towards it lying somewhere beneath the ocean. Had it been hijacked and flown to a remote location, what are the perpetrators waiting for? The longer they linger with their ultimate plan, the better the chances are they'll be discovered. Perhaps we're giving the perpetrators way too much credit with their mission. More often than not (way more) these assholes blunder their terror attempts. Imo, they require an element of sheer ignorance just to abide by the conditions that drive their organizations.
Another point to consider is the difficulty of hiding a Boeing 777. The aircraft would require a minimum runway length of at least 6000 ft. to safely land, perhaps longer if conditions aren't ideal. Any airfield with runways of this length aren't typically found in a jungle or on a mountain. One would assume it would have a more populated and perhaps congested surrounding.
Sounding more and more like perhaps a botched hijacking attempt, maybe even similar to the 911 event where passengers fought with the terrorist on the flight trying to regain control.

TJDave
03-14-2014, 01:30 PM
I will gladly have the USA step aside and let the Chinese have at them. They lost a lot of souls if the passengers were killed intentionally, and the Chinese would probably equate it to a 9/11 sized terrorism event.

China doesn't give a **** about the passengers.

DJofSD
03-14-2014, 01:32 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/14/us-malaysia-airlines-radar-exclusive-idUSBREA2D0DG20140314(Reuters) - Military radar data suggests a Malaysia Airlines jetliner missing for nearly a week was deliberately flown hundreds of miles off course, heightening suspicions of foul play among investigators, sources told Reuters on Friday.

tucker6
03-14-2014, 01:41 PM
China doesn't give a **** about the passengers.
Your ethnocentricity is showing.

DJofSD
03-14-2014, 01:46 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/15/world/asia/missing-malaysia-airlines-flight-370.html?_r=0SEPANG, Malaysia — As the hunt for the missing Malaysia Airlines jet expanded into the daunting vastness of the Indian Ocean, a satellite communications company confirmed on Friday that it had recorded electronic “keep alive” ping signals from the plane after it disappeared, and said those signals could be analyzed to help estimate its location.

TJDave
03-14-2014, 01:59 PM
Your ethnocentricity is showing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laogai

tucker6
03-14-2014, 02:35 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laogai
so what? Doesn't make your statement true and mine false.

TJDave
03-14-2014, 05:15 PM
so what? Doesn't make your statement true and mine false.

What, exactly, is ethnocentric about a proven lack of value China's government places on human life...the fact that I mention it?

Did Mao comment on starving 45 million of his own people?

HUSKER55
03-14-2014, 05:25 PM
Guys and gals, at this point I am a firm believer that some terrorist group has the plane. I think the passengers are dead. Somewhere in the near future this plane is going to do some damage to someone, somwhere.

Since the USA seems to be the root of all evil, either ourselves or one of our allies is about to get hurt.

Has anyone seen or heard of anything our preident has done to put a serious check on this? Now is the time to prepare.

7 days is enough.

_______
03-14-2014, 06:06 PM
Guys and gals, at this point I am a firm believer that some terrorist group has the plane. I think the passengers are dead. Somewhere in the near future this plane is going to do some damage to someone, somwhere.

Since the USA seems to be the root of all evil, either ourselves or one of our allies is about to get hurt.

Has anyone seen or heard of anything our preident has done to put a serious check on this? Now is the time to prepare.

7 days is enough.

What is it about human nature that in the absence of certain information makes us think the black swan is the most likely explanation?

Robert Goren
03-14-2014, 06:13 PM
The most like thing is that it in the ocean and the most likely reason for that is either mechanical failure or pilot error.

davew
03-14-2014, 06:28 PM
This is the most intriguing theory I have seen ->

This is how the elites get richer and richer,
by any means available including murder.

This is a story about greed, wealth, power
and world domination.

Have you pieced together the puzzle of
missing flight 370 to Beijing China ??

If not, here are your missing pieces.

Patents
Patents
Patents and the wealth they bring.

Four days after a missing flight, a patent is approved
by the Patent Office for maximizing dies on a wafer.

4 of the 5 Patent holders are Chinese employees of
Freescale Semiconductor of Austin TX.

Patent is divided up on 20% increments to 5 holders.

Peidong Wang, Suzhou, China, (20%)
Zhijun Chen, Suzhou, China, (20%)
Zhihong Cheng, Suzhou, China, (20%)
Li Ying, Suzhou, China, (20%)
Freescale Semiconductor (20%)

If a patent holder dies, then the remaining holders
equally share the dividends of the deceased if not
disputed in a will.

If 4 of the 5 dies, then the remaining 1 Patent holder
gets 100% of the wealth of the patent.

That remaining live Patent holder is Freescale Semiconductor.

Who owns Freescale Semiconductor ??

Jacob Rothschild through Blackstone who owns Freescale.

Here is your motive for the missing Beijing plane.
As all 4 Chinese members of the Patent were
passengers on the missing plane.

Patent holders can alter the proceeds legally by
passing wealth to their heirs. However, they cannot
do so until the Patent is approved. So when the plane
went missing, the patent had not been approved.
Thus, Rothschild gets 100% of Patent once Patent
holders declared deceased.

Rothschild, you are an evil bastard

TJDave
03-14-2014, 06:37 PM

Tin foil hat theory.

It would make for a great book and movie, though.

_______
03-14-2014, 06:37 PM

and world domination.

Patents
Patents

disputed in a will.

This makes Husker55's theory look sane.

Much earlier I posted about this being fertile ground for conspiracy theories and Arlington Jim asked where they were.

Right here, Jim. All over this thread.

Facts will be inconsequential from here on. I may have underestimated.

riskman
03-14-2014, 06:44 PM
After seven days I am baffled by the disappearance of this passenger aircraft.There was no distress call. The weather was fine.
The most obvious point is that how, in an age of networked craziness and constant updates, the “smartphone”, the presence of global tracking devices, could a large plane vanish? Given the fact that we can track a smartphone anywhere on Earth down to a few meters there must be a better way of keeping track of missing aircraft? The surveillance of passenger planes may be less sophisticated than the surveillance of private citizens?
What about the air traffic controllers? Did they attempt to contact the aircraft when the transponder was turned off?
Is it possible to contact the aircraft when the transponder was off? What did the air traffic controllers say about this situation. Must be missing something here.

Mystic
03-14-2014, 06:50 PM
Tin foil hat theory.

It would make for a great book and movie, though.
I was thinking the same thing :) I wonder if Liam Nelson was aboard.

iceknight
03-14-2014, 06:59 PM
While you guys (reuters) are talking about aviation waypoints.. it's always good to throw in some horseracing trivia in there
http://www.opennav.com/waypoint/US/ARAZI

fast4522
03-14-2014, 07:22 PM
This is the most interesting link.

click on the play icon.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304185104579437573396580350?mg=ren o64-wsj&url=http%3A%2F%2Fonline.wsj.com%2Farticle%2FSB1000 1424052702304185104579437573396580350.html

ArlJim78
03-14-2014, 07:39 PM
This makes Husker55's theory look sane.

Much earlier I posted about this being fertile ground for conspiracy theories and Arlington Jim asked where they were.

Right here, Jim. All over this thread.

Facts will be inconsequential from here on. I may have underestimated.
you're judging people for things they haven't done yet.
At least wait until the facts come out before criticizing people for ignoring the facts. there are no facts at this point so your idle speculation is no different or better than anyone else's.

turninforhome10
03-14-2014, 08:04 PM

and world domination.

Patents
Patents

disputed in a will.

Coincidence? http://media.freescale.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=196520&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1905359&highlight=

_______
03-14-2014, 08:06 PM
you're judging people for things they haven't done yet.
At least wait until the facts come out before criticizing people for ignoring the facts. there are no facts at this point so your idle speculation is no different or better than anyone else's.

You probably have no idea how backasswards you have this.

I'm not doing anything more than pointing out the crazy assumptions people jump to in the absence of information.

That isn't "judging people for things they haven't done yet". Double secret hijackings and jewish cabal nonsense were actually posted here. I'm judging posts for what they actually said.

Please clarify which of my "idle speculations" made you conclude I was no different?

Mystic
03-14-2014, 08:31 PM
Coincidence? http://media.freescale.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=196520&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1905359&highlight=

Whoa!

tucker6
03-14-2014, 08:54 PM

disputed in a will.

Not saying I agree or disagree with this theory, but any company worth its salt never allows too many key people to take the same flight. That's just proper risk assessment and mitigation. They were stupid and didn't plan for all outcomes. They will become the example that makes the rule true.

davew
03-14-2014, 09:36 PM

I have no idea what that stuff is or does - are you suggesting they hijacked brainpower and are forcing them to reveal trade secrets?

I was always wondering if the Chinese just wanted the airplane to reverse engineer many of the components to sell counterfeit parts.

riskman
03-14-2014, 09:48 PM

and world domination.

Patents
Patents

disputed in a will.

The patent holders were on the passenger manifest list?

http://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/1061637/malaysia-airlines-flight-mh-370-passenger-manifest.pdf

Mystic
03-14-2014, 09:56 PM

http://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/1061637/malaysia-airlines-flight-mh-370-passenger-manifest.pdf

Boy! Phillip Wood's name sure sticks out like a sore thumb.

johnhannibalsmith
03-14-2014, 10:20 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm not happy that this plane and its passengers are gone and presumably not coming back intact. But, it actually seems like a bit of a silver lining to a guy like me that it is actually still possible for a commercial plane to just vanish until we actually locate it.

davew
03-14-2014, 10:33 PM

not my theory, as well as translation from Malaysian to english may cause letter differences (no idea here)

how about passengers 150, 12, 14, 182?

I do not even know if there was a patent

turninforhome10
03-14-2014, 10:49 PM
not my theory, as well as translation from Malaysian to english may cause letter differences (no idea here)

how about passengers 150, 12, 14, 182?

I do not even know if there was a patent
Seems that Freescale has been putting through a whole lot of patents in the the last week. http://patents.justia.com/assignee/freescale-semiconductor-inc

This is the one the aforementioned passengers were involved with. http://patents.justia.com/patent/8671381
Anyone have a clue of the significance of this and why it might be valuable?

kingfin66
03-15-2014, 12:29 AM
New article posted to Yahoo a few minutes ago:

http://news.yahoo.com/malaysian-investigators-conclude-flight-hijacked-035744022.html

A very inconclusive "conclusion" if you ask me.

incoming
03-15-2014, 03:48 AM
Everyone that watched the long running series "LOST" on tv already knows what happened to the plane. :)

newtothegame
03-15-2014, 04:18 AM
I don't know what happened here but, it definitely seems odd.

The U.S has satellites that can read your license plate from space.....

Transponders off.....yet pings still go on which would apparently indicate no catastrophe.
Plane changes course and then disappears from radar?

People on board cell phone's still possibly intact (again eliminating possible catastrophe).

Like others here, I have doubts that it just "crashed".

The air france flight a few years ago was found rather quickly (with a lot less technology then today).

Has there ever been this large of a plane to "disappear" and not be found after how many days.....with no trace none the less??? No debris, nothing!

Something is not right in wonderland Alice!!!

fast4522
03-15-2014, 06:45 AM
Don't expect Rod Serling to appear and tell you where the plane is.
It is said that you really don't know someone until you find out what they want.
Me thinks there are only two possibilities with this now.

HUSKER55
03-15-2014, 09:29 AM
just to "twist the blade",......

if this plane was indeed hijacked as the article says then that means there is a group a terrorists who now have a "skill to sell".

As Captain Kirk said, "get ready,...the message is about to be delivered".

GADZOOOOOKS Batman! What does this mean?

Patience Robin, it means the game is afoot and they, whom ever they are, has a huge advantage over us,...for now.

How is that for the first cup of coffee :D :D

DJofSD
03-15-2014, 09:33 AM
It's all a ruse. Just like a magician, this missing plane is diverting attention.

Tom
03-15-2014, 10:41 AM
Everyone that watched the long running series "LOST" on tv already knows what happened to the plane. :)

or, Gilligan's Island!

DJofSD
03-15-2014, 10:43 AM
Alex, what is "A Three Hour Tour?"

JustRalph
03-15-2014, 01:50 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/jet-was-hijacked-malaysian-official-tells-ap/2014/03/15/ec7397d6-abff-11e3-af5f-4c56b834c4bf_print.html

Gets more weird every day

7 hours of flight after?

If this plane is still intact, somebody now has a giant bomb with a 6 thousand mile range, that can fly 600 miles an hour.

I hate to say it, but I hope it's crashed somewhere. This thing could be the largest dirty bomb ever imagined

PaceAdvantage
03-15-2014, 01:55 PM
Facts will be inconsequential from here on. I may have underestimated.Nothing can be discounted at this point. People were told Fukushima was under control not too long after the accident...and it's STILL pouring radioactive water into the Pacific...

PaceAdvantage
03-15-2014, 01:58 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/jet-was-hijacked-malaysian-official-tells-ap/2014/03/15/ec7397d6-abff-11e3-af5f-4c56b834c4bf_print.html

7 hours of flight after?

If this plane is still intact, somebody now has a giant bomb with a 6 thousand mile range, that can fly 600 miles an hour.

I hate to say it, but I hope it's crashed somewhere. This thing could be the largest dirty bomb ever imaginedThis was exactly my thought as soon as this thing went unfound after a couple of days

PaceAdvantage
03-15-2014, 02:01 PM

I'm not doing anything more than pointing out the crazy assumptions people jump to in the absence of information.

That isn't "judging people for things they haven't done yet". Double secret hijackings and jewish cabal nonsense were actually posted here. I'm judging posts for what they actually said.

Please clarify which of my "idle speculations" made you conclude I was no different?Jewish cabal?

In any event, if what this guy posted is true, and I have no idea if it is or not (Patents and passengers), it's the stuff movies are made of, and is thereby quite intriguing, at least to a conspiracy buff like me.

And nobody is declaring this or that "crazy assumption" is what actually happened. Speculation is all that it is...and I don't see anything wrong with that...why are you riding so high on your horse?

fast4522
03-15-2014, 02:19 PM

7 hours of flight after?

I hate to say it, but I hope it's crashed somewhere. This thing could be the largest dirty bomb ever imagined

Going forward our perceptions have to be balanced with the effect of the exponential factors. Indeed if it did crash its exponential factors would be just tragedy, smaller of the two possibilities. The disturbing part to me is how we will handle this should it becomes a weapon. We need a guy with Harry Truman quality stones, I have no doubt in our people and technology just the leader.

lamboguy
03-15-2014, 02:22 PM
just my guess is there must be little chance that the whereabouts of this plane is not known by now. there are plenty of camera's upstairs that do nothing but track flying objects. for sure, there is something going on that is not good here.

fast4522
03-15-2014, 02:30 PM
Clue:

Its much easier to find a place to land it than take off with it.

ArlJim78
03-15-2014, 02:44 PM

Please clarify which of my "idle speculations" made you conclude I was no different?
are you serious with this, I can hardly make it more clear.

1) you said "facts will be inconsequential from here on"
2) I pointed out that as of now there are no facts

therefore conclusion:
you are engaging in speculation because you are referring to what you think people will do in the future. you don't know that any of the people on here posting various theories will in the future consider facts that emerge inconsequential.

Newsflash: when there is a real mystery like this one, people try to figure it out, try to solve it. it's human nature and I'm sure you know that. yes some theories are far fetched perhaps but none of us yet can be certain so running around acting as if everyone else except yourself is acting foolish is tiresome.

IF facts emerge about this flight and THEN people ignore those facts and continue to cling to theories not supported by the facts, your point becomes valid, but not before.

Mystic
03-15-2014, 02:59 PM
just my guess is there must be little chance that the whereabouts of this plane is not known by now. there are plenty of camera's upstairs that do nothing but track flying objects. for sure, there is something going on that is not good here.

Totally agree. It's just a shame the families are caught up in all this possible espionage and foul play.

lamboguy
03-15-2014, 03:35 PM
Totally agree. It's just a shame the families are caught up in all this possible espionage and foul play.

so far today i am 0/19 in horse racing. i feel worse for those family's than the money i have blown. this is my worst day that i can ever remember so far in my life.

whodoyoulike
03-15-2014, 03:52 PM

7 hours of flight after?

Thanks for posting link, I appreciate it. Too many stories going around. Washington Post is a reliable source IMO.

Tom
03-15-2014, 04:33 PM
We are not begin told the truth, IMHO.
One of the first things the Malaysians came out with is that it was not terrorism.
No possible way anyone could have made that conclusion so early on. CNN had story today about the plane going up so high, maybe to kill the passengers.....how did they stop any cell phone contact from the cabin?

cj's dad
03-15-2014, 04:55 PM
I wonder if the pilot can decompress the cabin without decompressing the cockpit. If so, an easy way to kill the 239. IF the plane was hijacked, upon landing the terrorists do not want to deal with all those people. Just a thought.

davew
03-15-2014, 04:58 PM
Clue:

Some guy said there were airfields made during WWII that are on islands that are not now populated.

A pilot guy said it is possible to land in a small field and then dismantle to ship anywhere, reassemble and have functional plane.

As far as satellites seeing license plates, can they do that in the middle of the night? The pilots were flying on instruments, they could have killed all lights but a flashlight.

As far as phones still working, don't you have to be within 10 miles of a tower? Do smartphones link directly to satellites?

Saratoga_Mike
03-15-2014, 05:54 PM
We are not begin told the truth, IMHO.
One of the first things the Malaysians came out with is that it was not terrorism.
No possible way anyone could have made that conclusion so early on. CNN had story today about the plane going up so high, maybe to kill the passengers.....how did they stop any cell phone contact from the cabin?

There are times my cell phones (Verizon) can't get a signal in the middle of Manhattan. Is there a signal over the Indian Ocean?

Stillriledup
03-15-2014, 06:04 PM
There are times my cell phones (Verizon) can't get a signal in the middle of Manhattan. Is there a signal over the Indian Ocean?

Good question.

fast4522
03-15-2014, 06:08 PM
I wonder if the pilot can decompress the cabin without decompressing the cockpit. If so, an easy way to kill the 239. IF the plane was hijacked, upon landing the terrorists do not want to deal with all those people. Just a thought.

I promise to be crass in another thread, I will not speculate how to kill these people for respect. The assemble disassemble speculation, you better count your toes. If that plane is not under water now, you can bet you ass the next time is's location is acquired tomahawk missile's will join it.

davew
03-15-2014, 07:00 PM
I don't know how these 777 work, but someone suggested that control of the plane could be taken away from the cockpit and ran remotely.

TJDave
03-15-2014, 07:07 PM
I don't know how these 777 work, but someone suggested that control of the plane could be taken away from the cockpit and ran remotely.

They are fly-by-wire so I would assume so. You would need access to the flight computers.

OntheRail
03-15-2014, 09:23 PM
Clue:

You maybe be right if your thinking conventionally for take off.

But add these and your strip could be much shorter.

RATO/JATO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=VHOvoO-6nWQ

Just saying it's not like they'd be worried about passenger comfort with a smooth take off.

Just a little wood for the fire.

Mystic
03-15-2014, 10:12 PM
You maybe be right if your thinking conventionally for take off.

But add these and your strip could be much shorter.

RATO/JATO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=VHOvoO-6nWQ

Just saying it's not like they'd be worried about passenger comfort with a smooth take off.

Just a little wood for the fire.

Whoa!

cj's dad
03-15-2014, 10:39 PM
I promise to be crass in another thread, I will not speculate how to kill these people for respect. The assemble disassemble speculation, you better count your toes. If that plane is not under water now, you can bet you ass the next time is's location is acquired tomahawk missile's will join it.

This entire thread is about speculation. I was simply offering a possibility and posing a question at the same time. Do you possibly think I wish these passengers dead ? Are you insane ?

davew
03-16-2014, 01:05 AM
They are fly-by-wire so I would assume so. You would need access to the flight computers.

found another theory - hijacked by phone controlling on-board navigation virus

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/465126/Missing-Malaysia-Airlines-plane-may-have-been-cyber-hijacked-using-mobile-phone

fast4522
03-16-2014, 06:02 AM
This entire thread is about speculation. I was simply offering a possibility and posing a question at the same time. Do you possibly think I wish these passengers dead ? Are you insane ?

"Do you possibly think I wish these passengers dead ?" No, not at all. In these posts we all vent to a degree or another. To assume everyone is dead on that plane is not a stretch, I guess I feel bad about it is all. My opinion is worth no more than yours, so a grain of salt for us all.

Tom
03-16-2014, 08:47 AM
They had to fly over populated areas to get there.
And besides, isn't "Tech Support" in that area? :rolleyes:

DJofSD
03-16-2014, 10:31 AM
http://www.businessweek.com/videos/2014-03-14/how-a-plane-can-transmit-pings-after-its-gone

Finally, some information about what is known v. pure speculation.

Mystic
03-16-2014, 10:55 AM
http://www.businessweek.com/videos/2014-03-14/how-a-plane-can-transmit-pings-after-its-gone

Finally, some information about what is known v. pure speculation.
Well, lets hope they find the damn thing based on that last ping. What a circus this has been this past week.

lamboguy
03-16-2014, 11:07 AM
this could have been the work of THE ALQAEDA or some other lowlifes.

for the Boston Marathon, they are going to have 35,000 security personal working the route. they are going to have helicopters all over the place, and probably plenty of Drones and guys up in the sky monitoring the situation.

Marathon day used to be the happiest day of the year in Boston, with all the uniformed people walking around this year, i think it will be scary.

Marshall Bennett
03-16-2014, 11:09 AM
Having found a 777 simulator in the pilot's home suggest to me he trained himself for a terror mission. Here's something to ponder over.
The pilot and perhaps his first officer as well, coordinate an effort to kill the passengers by flying above the safe limits for the aircraft's compression system, thus starving them of air, They use their own oxygen mask, but don't allow the passengers theirs. They then fly to a calm area of the ocean and perform a perfect ditching effort in deep water. The plane sinks perfectly intact leaving no trace of it. The pilots commit suicide by whatever means, really not that important.
This would explain a lot, particularly the lack of any evidence of the plane's whereabouts. If this scenario indeed played itself out, chances are good the plane would never be found. Would have to be more difficult to find than a needle in a haystack, especially in water 3 miles deep.

DJofSD
03-16-2014, 11:28 AM
Having found a 777 simulator in the pilot's home suggest to me he trained himself for a terror mission.

Wow. That's quiet a leap.

Do you have any other information which implies his nefarious activities and intentions?

Mystic
03-16-2014, 11:39 AM
Having found a 777 simulator in the pilot's home suggest to me he trained himself for a terror mission. Here's something to ponder over.
The pilot and perhaps his first officer as well, coordinate an effort to kill the passengers by flying above the safe limits for the aircraft's compression system, thus starving them of air, They use their own oxygen mask, but don't allow the passengers theirs. They then fly to a calm area of the ocean and perform a perfect ditching effort in deep water. The plane sinks perfectly intact leaving no trace of it. The pilots commit suicide by whatever means, really not that important.
This would explain a lot, particularly the lack of any evidence of the plane's whereabouts. If this scenario indeed played itself out, chances are good the plane would never be found. Would have to be more difficult to find than a needle in a haystack, especially in water 3 miles deep.
At this point anythings possible really. I just hope we find out soon what the hell happened.

lamboguy
03-16-2014, 11:46 AM
i am not sure who was the boss but there was only 2 pilot's listed on the 777, one guy was 53 and the other was 27, both didn't have any military experience which to me is odd, i remember on airbus or 747's here were always 3 pilots and the 777 is a larger piece of equipment. its also pretty odd that a guy that is only 27 is a co-pilot on a commercial carrier.

Tom
03-16-2014, 11:47 AM
What we probably need right about now is a lot less so called experts coming on alleged news shows and spouting off theories without evidence.
Report the news, not 24 hours sideshow BS. Right now, there is no need to be talking about the incident on and on.....hey you news wannabe's - NOTHING NEW IS HAPPENING - SHUT UP!

DJofSD
03-16-2014, 11:49 AM
At this point anythings possible really. I just hope we find out soon what the hell happened.
At this point, I don't expect to know with a reasonable certainty for a long time.

If there was a crash over water, it's now been too long to find a debris field. And, given the depth of the ocean for all locations except those close to land, the location of the wreckage could take a very long time. For the Air France crash it took almost 2 years.

One thing I have wonder about is if submarines combing the area might be able to locate the signal from the black box. This is more a question about the technical capabilities and not so much the time it would take to cover the huge search area.

DJofSD
03-16-2014, 11:51 AM
What we probably need right about now is a lot less so called experts coming on alleged news shows and spouting off theories without evidence.
Report the news, not 24 hours sideshow BS. Right now, there is no need to be talking about the incident on and on.....hey you news wannabe's - NOTHING NEW IS HAPPENING - SHUT UP!
Could not agree more.

They must be getting tons of hits on web pages related to this story. I wonder how much page hits is driving what passes for news and journalism.

Greyfox
03-16-2014, 11:52 AM

Spot on. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: Well said Tom.
Over a week ago CNN told us "We don't know what happened..."
Then they spent over 100 hours talking to supposed "experts" who all admitted we don't know what happened.
That's over 100 hours of "nothing new."
As if there weren't other real news events taking place in the world last week, we kept being treated to Wolf Blitzer and his ilk telling us "We don't know what happened."
Some posters on this board are just as bad.
They buy into the media and internet bullshit and then pass it on here.
The fact is so far, "We only know a jet disappeared."
Anything beyond that is pure unadulterated bullshit speculation.

Tom
03-16-2014, 11:54 AM
One news item from all of this that should be front and center is that there is a huge, gaping hole in global air travel. Those stolen passports should have prevented boarding the flight. The system failed.
We need, as a nation, to outlaw all flights from Malaysia, and all flight originating from there until they can prove they are acting responsibly. Right now, they have proven they are not. Someone leave a note on the ball washer on the 18th hole so that our alleged CNC sees it and is aware of a very real problem.

DJofSD
03-16-2014, 11:57 AM
Tom, you assume he cleans his own balls.

(Take the above any way you'd like :) .)

Robert Goren
03-16-2014, 11:58 AM
Spot on. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: Well said Tom.
Over a week ago CNN told us "We don't know what happened..."
Then they spent over 100 hours talking to supposed "experts" who all admitted we don't know what happened.
That's over 100 hours of "nothing new."
As if there weren't other real news events taking place in the world last week, we kept being treated to Wolf Blitzer and his ilk telling us "We don't know what happened."
Anything beyond that is pure unadulterated bullshit speculation.We get that in part because there are so many places on the net like here with posters coming up with every crazy scenario that the human mind can come up with.

lamboguy
03-16-2014, 12:34 PM
One news item from all of this that should be front and center is that there is a huge, gaping hole in global air travel. Those stolen passports should have prevented boarding the flight. The system failed.
We need, as a nation, to outlaw all flights from Malaysia, and all flight originating from there until they can prove they are acting responsibly. Right now, they have proven they are not. Someone leave a note on the ball washer on the 18th hole so that our alleged CNC sees it and is aware of a very real problem.i looked at Air Maylaysia and only saw 1 flight to LAX a week.

it seems like they specialize in places like HO CHI MINH CITY, HANOI, BEIJING, LANGKOWI, MEDAN, AAMAN, PHNOM PENH
http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/content/dam/mas/master/en/pdf/book-plan/mh_timetable_december_march2013.pdf

Tom
03-16-2014, 12:53 PM
It only takes one.

JustRalph
03-16-2014, 01:50 PM
Anything beyond that is pure unadulterated bullshit speculation.

If you would have listened to the Malaysian military for the last week, it would have taken you about three days to realize they were actually conducting a misinformation campaign. That adds a ton of crap to the speculation. They have been discredited now and if you notice, they are no longer actively searching or taking the lead in any briefings etc.

I think they did a severe dis-service to the press and other military units that we're trying to help. I also think they did it on purpose. Which makes me very suspicious of their involvement

Unprecedented disinformation and probably par for the course all things considered.

rastajenk
03-16-2014, 02:08 PM
I think a tractor beam pulled it into a secret bunker under the Himalayas financed by the Buildyerburgers for a reason to be announced soon. Or later, as they hijackers see fit. That can be the only explanation.

Greyfox
03-16-2014, 02:48 PM
I think they did a severe dis-service to the press and other military units that we're trying to help. I also think they did it on purpose. Which makes me very suspicious of their involvement

Unprecedented disinformation and probably par for the course all things considered.

I think the media was trying to capitalize on a public that was thirsty for a "who- dun- it" real life mystery.
They had no interest in trying to help anyone except their own ratings.
Hence they did an abominable mis-service to the public in not presenting true "NEWS" - (for example the developing situation in the Ukraine, the middle-east, the air pollution in Paris, measles outbreaks and so on and so on.)

Clocker
03-16-2014, 03:11 PM
That can be the only explanation.

No, here are a few more. (http://www.boston.com/news/source/2014/03/9_crazy_conspiracy_theories_about_malaysian_airlin es_flight.html)

tucker6
03-16-2014, 03:38 PM
No, here are a few more. (http://www.boston.com/news/source/2014/03/9_crazy_conspiracy_theories_about_malaysian_airlin es_flight.html)
The black hole theory seems plausible ...

I mean, I can't find anything wrong with the idea that a micro nuke created a black hole that sucked the airliner into it. Happens more than we think... :eek:

Mystic
03-16-2014, 03:39 PM

Well at least mine is #1 on the list :D

Clocker
03-16-2014, 03:46 PM
Happens more than we think... :eek:

I hate it when that happens. :mad:

Clocker
03-16-2014, 04:13 PM
Here is some real news (http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/missing-malaysian-airlines-flight-mh370-3248001) that I have not heard before.

The pilot was a political activist, supporting the opposition to the government. The leader of the opposition was jailed the day before the plane disappeared.

Also, the day before the plane disappeared, the pilot's wife and three children moved out of the house.

davew
03-16-2014, 04:47 PM
Here is some real news (http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/missing-malaysian-airlines-flight-mh370-3248001) that I have not heard before.

The pilot was a political activist, supporting the opposition to the government. The leader of the opposition was jailed the day before the plane disappeared.

Also, the day before the plane disappeared, the pilot's wife and three children moved out of the house.

How do you know it is real news? I read yesterday they were gay lovers and that is why his wife moved out...

Tom
03-16-2014, 05:25 PM
Langoliers.....fits.

JustRalph
03-16-2014, 05:37 PM
I just read that the pilot was doing Google Searches for "DB Cooper" for the last month.

He also subscribed to parachute monthly magazine

Marshall Bennett
03-16-2014, 05:42 PM
We get that in part because there are so many places on the net like here with posters coming up with every crazy scenario that the human mind can come up with.
The entire story is crazy, so why would any scenario seem any more crazy. A wide-bodied jetliner with 239 on board seemingly vanishes from the face of the earth. I can't recall a news event in recent history with more mystery to it. Short of being swept up by aliens, one person's answer is as good as another till proven otherwise as far as I'm concerned.

TJDave
03-16-2014, 05:42 PM
1. Never get on a plane piloted by a Muslim.

2. See rule number one.

davew
03-16-2014, 06:56 PM
http://i.imgur.com/3MgIhON.jpg

HUSKER55
03-16-2014, 06:58 PM
:lol: :lol:

I wonder how many people will believe that!

HuggingTheRail
03-16-2014, 07:04 PM
I'm more interested in Melissa...

Mystic
03-16-2014, 07:14 PM
I'm more interested in Melissa...
I knew that was coming.. What are Hols by the way? :D

Clocker
03-16-2014, 07:41 PM
What are Hols by the way? :D

British paper. Hols equals holidays, what we call vacation.

Mystic
03-16-2014, 07:45 PM
British paper. Hols equals holidays, what we call vacation.
I see.. Learn something new everyday so they say :)

cj's dad
03-16-2014, 09:00 PM
Will some of you learn how to post a picture,graph etc... that will fit the page. Please !!!