PDA

View Full Version : Rutgers faculty slams Condy Rice

Clocker
03-07-2014, 04:27 PM
The Faculty Council of Rutgers University voted last week to ask university leadership to cancel the invitation to Condoleezza Rice to be this year’s Commencement Speaker and receive an honorary degree. According to the faculty, she lacks “moral authority.” She fails to meet the standards of “exemplary citizenship” and she does not have what it takes to “inspire” graduating college seniors.

Skeptics suspect that the real reason is that she is a black Republican.

There is a disgraceful double standard amongst liberals, particularly those in academia, in the hatred they direct at black conservatives.

So says Juan Williams (http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/03/06/rutgers-rage-against-rice-why-do-liberals-have-so-much-hate-for-black/), a black liberal.

TJDave
03-07-2014, 04:37 PM
Skeptics suspect that the real reason is that she is a black Republican.

We know it's definately not because she might be a lesbian. ;)

Robert Goren
03-07-2014, 04:51 PM
I thought most tea partiers didn't consider Condy Rice a conservative or at least conservative enough. This might add some street cred to her. It must be a liberal plot to make her more acceptable if she runs for president in 2016. :rolleyes:

reckless
03-07-2014, 04:56 PM
Once again, the left wing racists on our college campuses does what it does best -- spew hatred and intolerance.

NJ Stinks
03-07-2014, 04:58 PM
I agree with the faculty. Rice inspired/promoted a war that cost the USA dearly for no good reason. Let her go someplace else and inspire somebody. :rolleyes:

JustRalph
03-07-2014, 05:04 PM
I agree with the faculty. Rice inspired/promoted a war that cost the USA dearly for no good reason. Let her go someplace else and inspire somebody. :rolleyes:

So you feel the same about Pelosi, Kerry, et al ? All who voted for the war?

YEAs — 77
Bayh (D-IN)
Biden (D-DE)
Breaux (D-LA)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Carnahan (D-MO)
Carper (D-DE)
Cleland (D-GA)
Clinton (D-NY)
Daschle (D-SD)
Dodd (D-CT)
Dorgan (D-ND)
Edwards (D-NC)
Feinstein (D-CA)
Harkin (D-IA)
Hollings (D-SC)
Johnson (D-SD)
Kerry (D-MA)
Kohl (D-WI)
Landrieu (D-LA)
Lieberman (D-CT)
Lincoln (D-AR)
Miller (D-GA)
Nelson (D-FL)
Nelson (D-NE)
Reid (D-NV)
Rockefeller (D-WV)
Schumer (D-NY)
Torricelli (D-NJ)

So you wouldn't want any of these guys speaking at Rutgers or anywhere else huh?

Clocker
03-07-2014, 05:05 PM
I thought most tea partiers didn't consider Condy Rice a conservative or at least conservative enough.

Among other issues, Rice is self-described as “mildly pro-choice.” She is against government funding, but it is ultimately up to the woman.

Clocker
03-07-2014, 05:09 PM
Rice inspired/promoted a war that cost the USA dearly for no good reason.

Rice inspired a war? Are you perhaps confusing her with Helen of Troy?

reckless
03-07-2014, 05:16 PM

It doesn't surprise me that you and those other totalitarian left wingers on our college campuses feel this way too.

But yet, you can bet with both hands that Rutgers could easily invite Hilary Clinton and Susan Rice to speak and discuss how some anti-muslim You Tube video was the cause for the terrorists attack on our embassy in Benghazi.

hcap
03-07-2014, 05:18 PM
Once again, the left wing racists on our college campuses does what it does best -- spew hatred and intolerance.FTFY

NJ Stinks
03-07-2014, 05:21 PM
Rice inspired a war? Are you perhaps confusing her with Helen of Troy?

Nope. I got the right person. Colin Powell knows he made a mistake. Not Rice. Big difference between the two.

Powell would have an inspirational choice IMO.

Clocker
03-07-2014, 05:24 PM
It doesn't surprise me that you and those other totalitarian left wingers on our college campuses feel this way too.

In the article linked, Williams asks

Does the Rutgers University faculty really have so little faith in the students they are about to graduate that they think are incapable of hearing opposing views and making up their own minds?

The answer appears to be yes. And the reason, obviously, is that they were "educated" by that faculty.

Clocker
03-07-2014, 05:27 PM
FTFY

Yawn. :rolleyes: Another personal attack without the slightest reference to the issue.

TJDave
03-07-2014, 05:29 PM
Colin Powell knows he made a mistake. Not Rice. Big difference between the two.

Powell would have an inspirational choice IMO.

If you know it's a lie and you go with it anyway...

That's not a mistake.

hcap
03-07-2014, 05:29 PM
Ant tired of guys like Clocker

Jay Trotter
03-07-2014, 05:33 PM
Condoleezza Rice is an exceptional person and any University should be honored to have her speak! :ThmbUp:

Robert Goren
03-07-2014, 06:19 PM
So you feel the same about Pelosi, Kerry, et al ? All who voted for the war?

YEAs — 77
Bayh (D-IN)
Biden (D-DE)
Breaux (D-LA)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Carnahan (D-MO)
Carper (D-DE)
Cleland (D-GA)
Clinton (D-NY)
Daschle (D-SD)
Dodd (D-CT)
Dorgan (D-ND)
Edwards (D-NC)
Feinstein (D-CA)
Harkin (D-IA)
Hollings (D-SC)
Johnson (D-SD)
Kerry (D-MA)
Kohl (D-WI)
Landrieu (D-LA)
Lieberman (D-CT)
Lincoln (D-AR)
Miller (D-GA)
Nelson (D-FL)
Nelson (D-NE)
Reid (D-NV)
Rockefeller (D-WV)
Schumer (D-NY)
Torricelli (D-NJ)

So you wouldn't want any of these guys speaking at Rutgers or anywhere else huh?There is difference between the senators who believed Rice, Bush and others when they voted and Rice, etc who knew that there was two sides to the WMD case. Rice, etc decided to present only one side and ignore the other. Of course there are those who believe the CIA misled Rice, etc. I am not among those. I think there is plenty of evidence that they knew there was a good chance that there were no WMDs and kept that side of the argument from the Senators.

Valuist
03-07-2014, 06:30 PM
Rice inspired/promoted a war that cost the USA dearly for no good reason. :rolleyes:

I assume you are talking about Susan Rice.

ArlJim78
03-07-2014, 06:37 PM
the most discriminated against folks in my opinion are conservative blacks. I give them credit for speaking out, and coming out of the closet so to speak.

BlueShoe
03-07-2014, 06:38 PM
Just got very tired of guys like you.
So in the meantime, you have been working on some new charts, tables, and graphs? The kind that you have posted forever? The ones that no one except you can read or interpret? Junk that is made up propaganda? Creations that prove once again how easy it is to lie with statistics? Neat, when may we expect them?

hcap
03-07-2014, 06:59 PM
So in the meantime, you have been working on some new charts, tables, and graphs? The kind that you have posted forever? The ones that no one except you can read or interpret? Junk that is made up propaganda? Creations that prove once again how easy it is to lie with statistics? Neat, when may we expect them?Maybe after I finish a few excel programs. One for a company I used to work for, and some for handicappers. Trying harness for a change.

NJ Stinks
03-07-2014, 07:07 PM
I assume you are talking about Susan Rice.

You, or anyone else for that matter, lose all credibility when you try to equate Benghazi with the War in Iraq. One took place one night in a country engulfed in a revolution and the other was an unprovoked war that lasted seemingly forever.

So much for the term "proper perspective".

Clocker
03-07-2014, 07:46 PM
There is a common thread that runs through the actions of the Rutgers faculty and the posts here criticizing Rice. They all presume to judge her actions and her knowledge and her motivations and her character based on little if any real knowledge.

fast4522
03-07-2014, 07:57 PM
I thought most tea partiers didn't consider Condy Rice a conservative or at least conservative enough. This might add some street cred to her. It must be a liberal plot to make her more acceptable if she runs for president in 2016. :rolleyes:

Well Robert,

America would have no problem with Condoleezza Rice, specifically with regard to her integrity. How conservative enough she would match against lets say Mitt Romney, I would grade her as outperform. I do not think she would want the job, as a nation we want too damn much from others while most let their fat ass rot in front of a mindless television show in a chair.

Tom
03-07-2014, 10:52 PM
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks
I agree with the faculty. Rice inspired/promoted a war that cost the USA dearly for no good reason. Let her go someplace else and inspire somebody.

Typical jack-booted liberal - totally afraid of open discussion on anything not scripted out to fit their agenda. You embarrass this country. :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:

Tom
03-07-2014, 10:56 PM
There is a common thread that runs through the actions of the Rutgers faculty and the posts here criticizing Rice. They all presume to judge her actions and her knowledge and her motivations and her character based on little if any real knowledge.

Funny how much more of a man Condy is than some who have posted in this thread. Or go to Rutgers. She stands head and shoulders above these pathetic cowards! :lol: :lol:

cj's dad
03-07-2014, 10:57 PM
If I had a daughter, she would look like Condoleeza Rice !!

JustRalph
03-07-2014, 11:46 PM
If I had a daughter, she would look like Condoleeza Rice !!

You're killing me!! :lol:

Clocker
03-07-2014, 11:49 PM
Funny how much more of a man Condy is than some who have posted in this thread.

Or who followed her in the job of Secy of State.

"What difference, at this point, does it make?" -- Hillary Clinton

"I actually did vote for the $87 billion, before I voted against it." -- John Kerry

NJ Stinks
03-07-2014, 11:50 PM
Typical jack-booted liberal - totally afraid of open discussion on anything not scripted out to fit their agenda. You embarrass this country. :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:

If I was afraid of open discussion, I never would have posted anything in this thread.

As for embarrassing this country, it hurts when it comes from you. (Pick the right icon for me.)

PaceAdvantage
03-08-2014, 04:37 AM
You, or anyone else for that matter, lose all credibility when you try to equate Benghazi with the War in Iraq. One took place one night in a country engulfed in a revolution and the other was an unprovoked war that lasted seemingly forever.

So much for the term "proper perspective".That war was ANYTHING but unprovoked, and you know it.

The only problem I have with the second Iraq war was that it should have been initiated many years earlier.

GaryG
03-08-2014, 07:59 AM
The only issue is the liberal persuasion of the protesting professors.

JustRalph
03-08-2014, 10:34 AM

A revolution stoked by Obama and Hillary. Who then ignored requests for security that led to the deaths

Tom
03-08-2014, 10:36 AM
The reason the war lasted forever was because of the treason by the democrats playing politics while our troops were in battle. The biggest mistake W ever made was ever listening to or trying to work with the scumbag democrats.
Unlike Hillary, who did not sleep her way to the top, but instead, outsourced it, Condy Rice is an example of American excellence.

BlueShoe
03-08-2014, 11:25 AM
I thought most tea partiers didn't consider Condy Rice a conservative or at least conservative enough.
They do not, and I agree with them. Unlike the other right wingers on this forum, I am not confortable with Rice. She is very establishment, and view her as a Rino. Have the same opinion of Colin Powell, and view both as moderates, definitely not conservatives. Herman Cain and Dr. Ben Carson are conseratives.

Regardless of labels or my opinion, the Rutgers decision is deplorable and highlights once more liberal hypocrisy. The Left goes into convulsions when any Black American dares to deviate from far left ideology and become a member of any political party other than Democrat.

Robert Goren
03-08-2014, 11:25 AM
The reason the war lasted forever was because of the treason by the democrats playing politics while our troops were in battle. The biggest mistake W ever made was ever listening to or trying to work with the scumbag democrats.
Unlike Hillary, who did not sleep her way to the top, but instead, outsourced it, Condy Rice is an example of American excellence.Where do you get this stuff. The democrats didn't take control of congress until 2007, largely in part of GWB's mis-handling of war. At that point we had been in the Iraqi war longer than we were in WWII. If fairness to GWB, he had some of the most incompetent generals since the pre-Grant era of the Civil war running the show prior to the shake up after the firing of Rumsfeld.

Clocker
03-08-2014, 11:48 AM
They do not, and I agree with them. Unlike the other right wingers on this forum, I am not confortable with Rice. She is very establishment, and view her as a Rino. Have the same opinion of Colin Powell, and view both as moderates, definitely not conservatives. Herman Cain and Dr. Ben Carson are conseratives.

Anyone on the far right would find it difficult to be elected if they pushed social issues like pro-life or anti-gay marriage. I don't think that anyone just named is electable. Rice shows no interest in running for anything. Neither does Powell. Carson has no executive experience to speak of, and has made it very clear that he does not belong to any party. Cain has executive experience, but shows no policy expertise. His tax plans were voodoo economics that neither side could live with.

BTW, Carson got the same treatment as Rice a while back, from the school where he taught for many years.

We saw this last April when the conservative neurosurgeon Dr. Ben Carson was forced to step down as a Commencement Speaker for Johns Hopkins University (where he ably served as the head of pediatric neurosurgery).

Liberals on the Hopkins campus mobilized against Carson because he criticized President Obama’s health care reform law and said that he opposed gay marriage.

Valuist
03-08-2014, 12:30 PM

Yeah explain when Condeleeza Rice lied to the American public. Did she try to explain the Iraq War was a response to a You Tube video?

You liberals are so hypocritical; claim you love minorities but when a black is a conservative, the real racism comes out.