Just broke his maiden 2 days ago

picojim
03-05-2014, 06:49 PM
Never mind. Just scratched
Why did it take so long

PaceAdvantage
03-06-2014, 08:59 AM
How is EL DOMINICANO allowed to run
Just broke his maiden 2 days agoIs this a trick question?

My answer would be....so?

Peter Berry
03-06-2014, 10:21 AM
I scratched him from my program two days ago but when he was still in after I announced the changes at 6:30 I started to wonder if there was a harness-type rule allowing a horse to win two maidens if they'd already been entered in another maiden. He was scratched about 15 min. to post.

picojim
03-06-2014, 12:37 PM
I scratched him from my program two days ago but when he was still in after I announced the changes at 6:30 I started to wonder if there was a harness-type rule allowing a horse to win two maidens if they'd already been entered in another maiden. He was scratched about 15 min. to post.
Thanks Peter for that information

PaceAdvantage
03-06-2014, 02:07 PM
Is this a trick question?

My answer would be....so?Oh...my bad...when I wrote that, I hadn't realized he was entered in another maiden race...never mind... :lol:

Mineshaft
03-06-2014, 03:53 PM
looks like they were trying to fill the race with the horse but had no intention of running.

Peter Berry
03-06-2014, 09:40 PM
The reason cracks exist is so things can fall through them occasionally.

mountainman
03-06-2014, 10:22 PM
The horse was entered for Wednesday's card on Saturday morning when still a mdn. With his win still two days away at time of entry, he was, of course, completely eligible. Although El Dominicano drew into Monday's race from the ae list, that's irrelevant, since scratch time was Friday, and thus his connections were aware of this when making the entry for Wednesday.

They entered back as insurance against the impending snowstorm that was then-expected to scrap our Sunday and Monday cards, but which we never got the brunt of.

Being absent for personal reasons last night, I have no idea why the horse was scratched so belatedly, but Joe and I were aware of the situation from the get -go.

Mineshaft
03-06-2014, 10:41 PM
Got it now they figured they would lose a few nites of racing due to the snowstorm so they entered the horse in another maiden race just in case the card was cancelled

cj's dad
03-06-2014, 10:53 PM
Another conspiracy theory blown out of the water and off the "net".:D

mountainman
03-07-2014, 02:55 AM
Another conspiracy theory blown out of the water and off the "net".:D

Now I feel like a killjoy.