PDA

View Full Version : 3M is 124lb. highweight in Saturday's Big Cap

Grits
03-03-2014, 11:07 AM
http://www.drf.com/news/santa-anita-mucho-macho-man-124-pound-highweight-big-cap

Robert Fischer
03-03-2014, 01:16 PM
Nice race.

Will Take Charge 123
Game on Dude 122

letswastemoney
03-03-2014, 03:41 PM
Game on Dude - finally an overlay.

classhandicapper
03-03-2014, 03:50 PM
The key to the race is clearly Game on Dude. You either take a stand on him if you think he's the same horse and think he will shake loose this time or take a stand against him if you think he's over the top and on his way down.

letswastemoney
03-03-2014, 05:37 PM
It will be difficult to defeat MMM, but because of his trainer's heartwarming story, and the horse's name, and the recent Classic win he will be an underlay.

That would be the only reason I'd want to take a chance with Game On Dude, a horse that some people on Facebook are calling for to be retired off a couple of pace compromised losses.

Investorater
03-07-2014, 03:48 PM
Yeah, I'll go out on a limb & predict the victor ~ GAME ON DUDE ~ runs away with a three-peat in the SA Handicap.......

But of course, there's no such thing as a sure thing in a horse race because as we all know: the horse can get left at the gate, throw the rider, stumble, drift, bolt, get steadied, checked, or blocked, the jockey can lose the whip or its saddle can slip, among many other things.......

RacingFan1992
03-07-2014, 04:18 PM
I am rooting for 3M. I find it funny that now we consider 124 highweight when way back when Forego was lugging a baby grand piano when he beat Honest Pleasure in the '76 Marlbaro Cup. (I know that was then this is now.) GO MUCHO MACHO MAN!!!!!

Robert Fischer
03-07-2014, 04:21 PM
Yeah, I'll go out on a limb & predict the victor ~ GAME ON DUDE ~ runs away with a three-peat in the SA Handicap.......

But of course, there's no such thing as a sure thing in a horse race because as we all know: the horse can get left at the gate, throw the rider, stumble, drift, bolt, get steadied, checked, or blocked, the jockey can lose the whip or its saddle can slip, among many other things.......

So if your horse gets a dream trip, you're picking him?

Investorater
03-07-2014, 04:30 PM
So if your horse gets a dream trip, you're picking him?

I'm picking the gelding in advance of the trip.:ThmbUp:

Stillriledup
03-07-2014, 04:54 PM

You think GOD is in "peak" form? He's going to have to run his lifetime best to win in this field, a Beyer well over 100, is he up to the task considering his most recent form and advancing age? If you say he is, i'll believe you and bet everything i own on him, i'll go for broke, but if you're even 1% "not sure" i'll hold back.

Investorater
03-07-2014, 05:05 PM
You think GOD is in "peak" form? He's going to have to run his lifetime best to win in this field, a Beyer well over 100, is he up to the task considering his most recent form and advancing age? If you say he is, i'll believe you and bet everything i own on him, i'll go for broke, but if you're even 1% "not sure" i'll hold back.

Hold back.:lol:

Stillriledup
03-07-2014, 05:13 PM
Hold back.:lol:

Ok!! :D

Dark Horse
03-07-2014, 08:06 PM
I'm not in love with the track preparation for big racing days at SA (last noticed on day one of the 2013 BC).

Game On Dude didn't necessarily lose a step, but did take a step back by not taking his crucial breather his last time out. If not MMM, then Hollendorfer's speed horse (Rousing Sermon) should keep the pressure on the Dude. Just as in the San Antonio with Blueskiesandrainbows (Hollendorfer). In this case Hollendorfer has a second horse in the race. Game On Dude will fight hard for the early lead, but MMM and/or Rousing Sermon may beat him to it. With inside bias (monitor early races) I like the chances of WTC who will sit back early. It's between WTC and MMM.

Investorater
03-08-2014, 08:13 PM
Game On Dude captures his third Santa Anita Handicap setting fractions of :22 4/5, :45 1/5 and 1:09 1/5 under Mike Smith and winning by about 2 1/2 lengths.

Stillriledup
03-08-2014, 08:16 PM
Game On Dude captures his third Santa Anita Handicap setting fractions of :22 4/5, :45 1/5 and 1:09 1/5 under Mike Smith and winning by about 2 1/2 lengths.

YOU TOLD ME TO HOLD BACK! :( :( :(

Beachbabe
03-08-2014, 08:51 PM

Nice pick.

Investorater
03-08-2014, 08:56 PM
Nice pick.

Thank You

classhandicapper
03-09-2014, 11:07 AM
The key to the race is clearly Game on Dude. You either take a stand on him if you think he's the same horse and think he will shake loose this time or take a stand against him if you think he's over the top and on his way down.

IMO it wasn't an easy call.

He had a rough trip in the Classic, ran "OK" in the Clark without an ideal trip while away from CA, and was used hard early in the San Antonio but came up very empty.

Everyone knows he does his best running when he shakes looks and controls the pace, but after awhile there's only so many races you can excuse before you start feeling like he's over the top and you are fishing.

I wound up hoping to play Will Take Charge in the race, but didn't get my price. So I passed.

In hindsight, these things always look easy, but I still think figuring out how GOD was going to run was not an easy call.

Tom
03-09-2014, 11:18 AM
key was the San Felipe - that 140 and change said the tracks was paved and a Baffert Bias was in play. I refused to even look at GOD at 5-1. No regrets.

Investorater
03-10-2014, 11:03 AM

Yes, I thought #7 Game On Dude was in peak form. I think running 1 1/4 miles in stakes-record time of 1:58.17 would qualify. (Afffirmed_1:58.60_1979) Is his last race, the 77th running in this field his lifetime best. (matter of opinion) He is a six-million dollar horse. Best Beyer: 117

Apparently the 7-year-old gelding isn't too old to be the first three-time Champion of the Santa Anita Handicap. 2011, 2013, 2014. Beyer Speed Figure = 116.

Make your OWN decisions and bet at your OWN RISK. Thank YOU

Investorater
03-10-2014, 01:35 PM
thank you all.

Stillriledup
03-12-2014, 02:28 AM
Yes, I thought #7 Game On Dude was in peak form. I think running 1 1/4 miles in stakes-record time of 1:58.17 would qualify. (Afffirmed_1:58.60_1979) Is his last race, the 77th running in this field his lifetime best. (matter of opinion) He is a six-million dollar horse. Best Beyer: 117

Apparently the 7-year-old gelding isn't too old to be the first three-time Champion of the Santa Anita Handicap. 2011, 2013, 2014. Beyer Speed Figure = 116.

Make your OWN decisions and bet at your OWN RISK. Thank YOU

:lol:

You're welcome.

Investorater
03-12-2014, 05:36 PM
YOU TOLD ME TO HOLD BACK! :( :( :(

It is NOT all about you or anyone else, it is mostly about P A .... I thanked those members who read my post.:D