PDA

View Full Version : Obama ends Russian invasion of Crimea

Clocker
03-02-2014, 02:31 AM
In a position statement worthy of Bill Clinton's quibbles about what the meaning of "is" is, the White House has eliminated the problem of Russian troops in Crimea by defining it away. The troop presence there is not an invasion, not an occupation, but rather an "uncontested arrival".

Story here. (http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/cnn-us-officials-saying-russian-military-incursion-ukraine-uncontested-arrival-not-invasion_783629.html)

So don't forget to lock up when you go out, or you may come home to find there was an uncontested arrival while you were gone.

Tom
03-02-2014, 11:12 AM
If you like your Ukraine, you can keep your Ukraine.

Embarrassing, really, to see CNC of the most powerful military in history hiding under the covers, crying, like a little girl. Coward.

Sends a clear message to the rest of the world.

Stay out of tall buildings..

johnhannibalsmith
03-02-2014, 11:16 AM
... The troop presence there is not an invasion, not an occupation, but rather an "uncontested arrival".

:lol:

Paging Mr. Carlin...

Edited...

oh wait, he's here!

hSp8IyaKCs0

Clocker
03-02-2014, 11:22 AM
The country has slipped "Through the Looking Glass":

When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in a rather scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less."

"The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master—that's all."

GaryG
03-02-2014, 11:23 AM
Sarah Palin predicted in 2008 that if Barry the Weak was elected that Russia would invade the Ukraine.

Tom
03-02-2014, 11:27 AM
Just goes to show, she was the better candidate - Obama had no clue. :lol:

rastajenk
03-02-2014, 11:38 AM
Give the Mittster some credit, too. He called it, four years after Ste. Sarah, but he was still given the idiot-treatment by the know-it-alls in the Democratic propaganda machine known as the mainstream media.

Clocker
03-02-2014, 12:32 PM
he was still given the idiot-treatment by the know-it-alls in the Democratic propaganda machine known as the mainstream media.

Let's not be muddying up politics with irrelevant issues like competence. Presidential elections are about sizzle, not steak. Mitt ain't got no sizzle.

PaceAdvantage
03-02-2014, 12:35 PM
So Obama was a big fan of Orwell too? Love the way they have defined certain things over the years. What was that other one? Kinetic military action? :lol:

He's so smart...he used the word kinetic...brilliant man.

PhantomOnTour
03-02-2014, 12:41 PM
"Uncontested arrival"...I think I've heard it all now.

Ranks up there with "misremembered" :D

Steve 'StatMan'
03-02-2014, 12:47 PM
If you like your Ukraine, you can keep your Ukraine.

... and if you don't like your Ukraine, you WILL like your Ukraine.

PhantomOnTour
03-02-2014, 12:49 PM
Someone please post the Seinfeld clip where Kramer and Newman are playing RISK on the subway and Kramer begins to bemoan the Ukraine...
hilarious.

PaceAdvantage
03-02-2014, 01:01 PM
fzLtF_PxbYw

Clocker
03-02-2014, 01:04 PM
"Uncontested arrival"...I think I've heard it all now.

Please, they are just getting warmed up. Remember the argument about whether the penalty for not having health insurance was a fine or a tax? Turns out it is neither.

According to the IRS, it is an "Individual Shared Responsibility Payment".

PhantomOnTour
03-02-2014, 01:05 PM
Thanks Pace !
Love that clip :D

FantasticDan
03-02-2014, 01:15 PM
I've been playing that clip in my head for the past few days.. :lol:

fzLtF_PxbYw

JustRalph
03-02-2014, 07:00 PM
I seem to recall an uncontested arrival in Poland back in the day

Saratoga_Mike
03-02-2014, 07:03 PM
I seem to recall an uncontested arrival in Poland back in the day

Talk about false equivalency

Tom
03-02-2014, 08:24 PM
Seems to be the exact same thing to me, by the one nation possibly worse than Nazi Germany, at least on par with them.

Guess whosk komink to dinner, dalink?

Russia has always been an evil empire and will always be an evil empire.
Why do we pretend otherwise? they are our enemy - for all time.
Their destruction is our salvation.

Hank
03-02-2014, 09:14 PM
Obama's "Asia pivot" gambit was doomed to failure from the start,all the silly crowing about Obama's "weakness" being relevant to what is occurring in the Ukriane reveals complete ignorance about what is really going on over there.The strategy employed by the US was so ill advised that is makes the personal strength or weakness of the potus meaningless.

Tom
03-02-2014, 09:20 PM
That strategy.....comes from the top.
'nuff said.

JustRalph
03-02-2014, 11:24 PM
Talk about false equivalency

Maybe, but who' next?

Greyfox
03-03-2014, 01:47 AM
Russia has always been an evil empire and will always be an evil empire.
Why do we pretend otherwise? they are our enemy - for all time.

The Russian leaders might fall into that category.
I don't doubt that the "average Ivan" is the same as you and me, and is not an enemy.