PDA

View Full Version : DAS-Jacobson and Old Friends

nijinski
03-02-2014, 12:19 AM
A agreement according to DRF . The power of social media !

Drawing Away and Jacobson will make a one-time donation of $25,000 – $12,500 apiece – to Old Friends to help build a paddock on property leased by Old Friends that is adjacent to its existing facility. The paddock will have the red and blue colors of Drawing Away’s silks as well as a plaque with Jacobson’s name on it and will house as many as 10 horses whom Jacobson and Drawing Away could retire to the facility.

nijinski
03-02-2014, 01:44 AM
While this may not be about a particular race or horse or handicapping ,
subject ,I think it has a place here .
A popular barn like this stepping up and making a move towards aftercare
for their runners is very positive and is good for the sport in the long run .

I hope this becomes a trend that continues to spread to other claiming stables .
I know DAS and Jacobson were hard hit on social media the past few months and I think it's made some impact . But for whatever reason
the decision was made , :ThmbUp: to them .

taxicab
03-02-2014, 02:19 AM
Good Post Nijinski.
Thanks.

PaceAdvantage
03-02-2014, 03:40 AM
Whatever you want to say about Jacobson, this has to be viewed as nothing but a positive step, and yes, I hope other large operations take note and find a way to do similar in the future...

nijinski
03-02-2014, 04:05 AM
As I said and I agree with the above comments , its a very good move!
The article states they will also send over to OF $50 per win so may
the wins be in abundance!

classhandicapper
03-02-2014, 10:46 AM
This is a very positive development.

I laughed at the part in the article about creating a Social Security system for thoroughbreds. As long as there's no trust fund with IOUs in it and the government isn't involved it could work. ;)