PDA

View Full Version : Gulfstream Stewards

kkngcoffee
02-27-2014, 04:05 PM
How do these stewards reconcile Sat Race 12, Sun Race 10 and Wed Race 6........the worst of them all was Wed Race 6 and result stood.....Lopez mount drifted out 5 paths crossed over the 1 and knocked the 4 off stride twice while winning by a nose over the 4......CONSISTENCY? Awful

Charli125
02-27-2014, 04:11 PM
You can argue accuracy of calls all day long. It's pretty subjective.

Consistency though, is easy to see, and they don't have it.

And yes, I bet the 4.

porkchop
02-27-2014, 04:13 PM
How do these stewards reconcile Sat Race 12, Sun Race 10 and Wed Race 6........the worst of them all was Wed Race 6 and result stood.....Lopez mount drifted out 5 paths crossed over the 1 and knocked the 4 off stride twice while winning by a nose over the 4......CONSISTENCY? Awful

maybe the stewards had a couple o bucks on the :3:

magwell
02-27-2014, 04:53 PM
How do these stewards reconcile Sat Race 12, Sun Race 10 and Wed Race 6........the worst of them all was Wed Race 6 and result stood.....Lopez mount drifted out 5 paths crossed over the 1 and knocked the 4 off stride twice while winning by a nose over the 4......CONSISTENCY? AwfulYour right there is no consistency, Saturday the jock was hitting right handed was dq.... today the jock was hitting left handed and stayed up, both hoses were drifting out...........

bgbootha
02-27-2014, 04:56 PM
Consistancy and Transparency are two things this sport as a whole is missing when it comes to decisions made by the Stewards.

THey could solve so much if they just let the Stewards come out and say "we took it down because....." and not leave it up to guessing.

This will be the downfall of this sport if it is not fixed. Its only a matter of time before something like this hits a major race and its seen by more than solid horse players.

Dark Horse
02-27-2014, 06:43 PM
SA stewards are the worst. Consistently inconsistent. It's beyond comprehension how incompetent these people are.

ManU918
02-27-2014, 07:00 PM
I agreed with them today and thought the 3 should have stayed up.

kkngcoffee
02-27-2014, 09:34 PM
Its about being consistent, you cannot reasonably make a case for the horses on Saturday and Sunday coming down and today staying up, wonder if Paulick bloggin about this one today

Stillriledup
02-27-2014, 09:40 PM
Its not hard to be consistent as long as you live by golden rule which is pay the winners unless you absolutely have no other choice. There are very few races in today's game where you have to make DQs, a DQ should be a rare occurance, but judges are flipping results all the time like their life depends on it.

wiffleball whizz
02-27-2014, 10:28 PM
Laurel park race 4 on Thursday

Stillriledup
02-27-2014, 10:45 PM
Laurel park race 4 on Thursday

Race 6 at Sam Houston on Feb 25th, the 3 "charges" the gate and comes out uncontrollable, slams into the 1 horse with force and then goes on to beat the 1 horse by a neck for 3rd....NO CHANGE.

Race 5 at CharlesTown on the same night, a horse breaks a beat slow, gets squeezed like horses who break beats slow normally do, and they disqualify a horse for this incident, which happened literally 1 step out of the gate, i watch a lot of replays, i know this stuff happens in hundreds of races per week all around the country, there's always bumping, sandwiching and whatnut and you almost never see a DQ for this type of stuff..well, that is until this particular race, they just decided to take this horse down.

appistappis
02-27-2014, 11:12 PM
I've recently tried to introduce a couple of new players to our game......explaining what constitutes a take down and what doesn't is impossible.

Interestingly enough, an older guy who is not too sharp and not picking up anything is staying on....a younger guy is is extremely sharp and was picking things up very quickly has moved on to poker and sports betting.