PDA

View Full Version : Best ADW for placing a last second wager

Ray2000
02-27-2014, 02:32 PM
I don't know if this is an isolated incident but I just tried to make at bet at Freehold R5 with Twin and got shut out..."Race is Closed...."
I launched another browser, went to a different ADW, Logged in, Opened the wager pad, constructed the same wager and lo and behold...it went thru.

Is Twinspires shutting down betting early ?

Any opinions on the best ADW for placing a last second wager?

lamboguy
02-27-2014, 02:53 PM
I don't know if this is an isolated incident but I just tried to make at bet at Freehold R5 with Twin and got shut out..."Race is Closed...."
I launched another browser, went to a different ADW, Logged in, Opened the wager pad, constructed the same wager and lo and behold...it went thru.

Is Twinspires shutting down betting early ?

Any opinions on the best ADW for placing a last second wager?the feeds are way behind the actual off time, sometimes as much as 45 seconds. twinspires is as good as any other adw for last minute betting.

tanner12oz
02-27-2014, 08:06 PM
Some tracks seem to be more current then others...i know with some tracks I can press up till the gates open others close before they load

davew
02-28-2014, 12:39 PM
I have noticed the video feeds have varying amounts of delay from various ADWs and TVG/HRTV, and it is not always the same - so frequently I am not sure when actual OFF is.

BettinBilly
02-28-2014, 07:33 PM
I use TwinSpires, Xpressbet, and TVG. Overall, I've not had many issues with any of these three, including placing last minute bets. Any ADW can probably have issues from time to time.

I have noticed the Xpressbet does not post racing odds until about 1 hour before the race, and sometimes even later than that. One race I was using XpressBet for, the odds did not appear to the race until about 30 minutes to post. IMHO, TVG is the best in this aspect.

If I had to choose just 1, I'd probably go with Twin, but it's truly a coin toss for me. They all work.

Hoofless_Wonder
02-28-2014, 11:49 PM
I had a similar issue with Twinspires last Saturday. I believe it was the first or second race at Gulfstream that locked up early. The video feed played on for at least three minutes before the race started, so for some reason it was locked up early by at least a minute, and probably two minutes. I didn't log into Xpressbet and try it there, 'cause it was only a small bet (which would have been a loser).

I did not notice that happen for the rest of the day, but was surprised.

BetPTC
03-06-2014, 10:53 AM
Check out www.betptc.com when you get a chance. We are the only ADW to pay out rewards in real time, and we currently have a $100 new member bonus going on.

Robert Goren
03-06-2014, 11:11 AM
For NYRA races xpress bet seems to have a no delay live time feed. I can't speak for any other track because I doubts. I noticed that if I have a "live" video up from two different ADWs for the same track, the audio doesn't always match up completely. I also have often thought that some tracks but not all delay their feeds a few seconds. Perhaps an ADW spokesman can address this issue.

Hoofless_Wonder
03-07-2014, 12:35 AM
For NYRA races xpress bet seems to have a no delay live time feed. I can't speak for any other track because I doubts. I noticed that if I have a "live" video up from two different ADWs for the same track, the audio doesn't always match up completely. I also have often thought that some tracks but not all delay their feeds a few seconds. Perhaps an ADW spokesman can address this issue.

Another thing to consider is that the video feed will begin to lag more and more the longer you have a track displayed. When you first start it, it will buffer up and perhaps be 5-10 seconds behind the "live" or real time feed. Then, every freeze up for a second or two will cause it to fall further behind. Sometimes if you're watching the feed, the video will try to "catch up" and the horses suddenly move very fast or in a herky jerky playback, but sometimes the lag is just cumulative. After a while, your video can be 30-45 seconds (maybe even more) behind real time, though if playing more than one track and changing it back and forth every few minutes, you'd never notice.

I will say that both Twinspires and Xpressbet feeds via Roberts seem to have improved over the last year, but I also have a much better home internet connection now (45-75 Mbps), which only helps.

BetPTC
03-11-2014, 10:54 AM
One of the advantages of BetPTC.com is that we don't have the heavy traffic bogging down our video, and consequently our daily live video streams consistently and at high quality.