PDA

View Full Version : RIP Harold Ramis

JustRalph
02-25-2014, 02:59 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/25/movies/harold-ramis-who-helped-redefine-what-makes-us-laugh-on-screen-dies-at-69.html?hpw&rref=arts&_r=0

This guy was something else............

What a way to start a career..... writing Animal House, then his first directing gig was Caddy Shack............ RIP

delayjf
02-25-2014, 10:51 AM
He really was, I'm only now finding out some of the Movies he wrote or directed are some of my favorites. Movies like Meatballs, Back to School, Groundhog Day, are in my opinion classics.

Hollywood will miss his talent, I know I will.

MutuelClerk
02-25-2014, 11:13 AM
Involved in my two of my favorite comedies of all time. Animal House and Caddyshack. Terrible loss. So many other outstanding movies. RIP.

Shemp Howard
02-25-2014, 07:38 PM
Carl Spackler: So I jump ship in Hong Kong and I make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas.

Angie D'Annunzio: A looper?

Carl Spackler: A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-lagunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

cj's dad
02-25-2014, 10:33 PM
Who cares ? He had a job- he did it well- my wife had a job- she was a nurse-she did it well. Why is there this infatuation with Hollywood types ? Why? I couldn't care less about those in the public eye who die. I care more about those nearest to me. Harold Ramis? RIP ! All others who have preceded you? RIP also !

thaskalos
02-25-2014, 11:46 PM
Who cares ? He had a job- he did it well- my wife had a job- she was a nurse-she did it well. Why is there this infatuation with Hollywood types ? Why? I couldn't care less about those in the public eye who die. I care more about those nearest to me. Harold Ramis? RIP ! All others who have preceded you? RIP also !

We all care more for those who are nearest to us...but most of us also find the time to utter a thoughtful word or two for those who have departed from this life before their time.

It doesn't cost anything, you know...

Zaf
02-25-2014, 11:47 PM
RIP Harold, Grew up watching SCTV, He was Hilarious. One of the greatest Canadian shows of all time. Spawned Martin Short, Catherine O'Hara, Joe Flaherty, Dave Thomas, John Candy, Rick Moranis, Eugene Levy, Andrea Martin, Etc, Etc, Etc !!!

NJ Stinks
02-26-2014, 02:00 AM
Either Harold understood what I considered funny or I "got" Harold's sense of humor.

Either way, I salute the man and I am sorry to hear of his passing.

RIP, Mr. Ramis.

RunForTheRoses
02-26-2014, 02:48 PM
Picture from outside the Ghostbusters Fire Dept:
http://tribecacitizen.com/2014/02/26/seen-heard-harold-ramis-tribute/

http://tribecacitizen.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Harold-Ramis-tribute.jpg