PDA

View Full Version : Meadowlands Song

jtschmidt
02-25-2014, 02:17 AM
Does anyone have any idea what the live stream opening song is?

Joey

EdZone
02-25-2014, 09:08 AM
I do a search and got this.

Opened in the mid 1970s, Meadowlands Racetrack held its first-ever harness race on September 1, 1976, while thoroughbred racing commenced on September 6, 1977. With the exception of the opening season of 1976, autumn has been dedicated to the thoroughbreds, while the rest of the year features standardbreds, or harness horses.
The advertising campaign that accompanied the start of thoroughbred racing at the Meadowlands in 1977 was highly sophisticated and well-received, and was chiefly noted for its use of the song "Racing with the Moon (song)", originally popularized in 1941 by bandleader Vaughn Monroe (alluding to the fact that the racing was to be conducted at night - a circumstance that still pertains, although afternoon programs during long holiday weekends are occasionally put on)

LottaKash
02-25-2014, 12:17 PM
I do a search and got this.

Opened in the mid 1970s, Meadowlands Racetrack held its first-ever harness race on September 1, 1976, while thoroughbred racing commenced on September 6, 1977. With the exception of the opening season of 1976, autumn has been dedicated to the thoroughbreds, while the rest of the year features standardbreds, or harness horses.

I remember opening nite, like it was yesterday....M1 was quite the place compared to most other tracks of the day, it was fresh and new and up to date for the time...The opening nite crowd was a "Zoo" of people...I mean wall to wall, with hardly a place to sit or put down a beer or something....And speaking of beer, I was a very big beer drinker back then, and they ran out of the stuff around the 3rd race or so, oh-no.:eek: ....And betting, forget about it, the lines were so long, it was almost as if you had to get in the line right after you made your bet, so that you could be sure that you were getting your bet in for the next race....No matter tho, it was still a good time....It was goodbye Yonkers and hello M1, just right up the road now..

It stayed pretty crowded on most nites, and especially the weekends....That was for about the first 5 years, I'd say, and then it leveled off and remained constant for a bunch of years....I think it started it's decline after I moved to Pa/FL from Jersey....That must've been the reason, hey ?

Just a Fan
03-06-2014, 06:47 PM
I finally got home from work in time to hear the song. Looks like someone's looking for a ringtone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6djgavbp7c