PDA

View Full Version : Canadian ADW users - can you do me a favor?

horses4courses
02-24-2014, 11:23 PM
Question: Can Canadian bettors play the Australian PK4 in 20 cent increments?

For close to five years now, I have been a regular player of the PK4 on Australian racing.
For the past 3 years, it has been a good winner for me.

Recently, they switched the races used for the PK4 wager from track B to track A.
The fields have gotten bigger, and it runs later at night.
Bigger fields would not bother me much, if handle went up accordingly.
That hasn't been the case, and the bet seems to get hit just as regularly as it ever did,
even though it should be harder to hit with more longshots winning.

Word got out a couple of years back that Canadian bettors were able to wager on the Aus PK4 in 20 cent increments, as opposed to the US $1 minimum. At that time, it was swept aside as a malfunction, and would not occur in future.

Lately, I'm beginning to wonder again.
Can anyone help me out?

Izzy2742
02-25-2014, 11:12 AM
It doesn't look like it to me.

Here is a screenshot from Sunday. Note the pick 4 just shows the $1 payoff.

The super, which does offer a 20-cent minimum, displays both the $1 payoff, and the 0.20 payoff, although this seems superfluous. That is the basis for my assumption that there is no 0.20 increment.

Izzy2742
02-25-2014, 11:16 AM
Conversely, here is a screenshot from Saturday's WEG card, which shows the 0.20 payoff

horses4courses
02-25-2014, 12:23 PM
Conversely, here is a screenshot from Saturday's WEG card, which shows the 0.20 payoff

Thanks for your help, Izzy
There is a possibility that the US and Canadian pools for Aus racing are now separate, but that result display looks as if it is also a $1 PK4 increment there.

appistappis
02-25-2014, 08:59 PM
I just went into my acct and australia a has pick 4 starting in the 7th race and the min is $1.

horses4courses
02-25-2014, 09:23 PM
Many thanks :ThmbUp:

Some_One
02-25-2014, 10:14 PM
Thanks for your help, Izzy
There is a possibility that the US and Canadian pools for Aus racing are now separate, but that result display looks as if it is also a $1 PK4 increment there.

zero chance they are seperate. Woodbine is the hosts I believe.