PDA

View Full Version : Show Bandits not limited to harness racing

RaceTrackDaddy
02-22-2014, 02:49 PM
Those show bandits just hit at the puppies at Wheeling Downs. I first noticed these guys back on President's Day 2013 when my dog went into the box at 8/5 and came out the box at 25/1. Seems they bet a couple dogs without a shot of winning and the bet the rest off shore where they collect nicely. Well they have migrated to other venues like Harness racing where in March of 2013 they sent 10 grand into a Meadows race that saw the previously top three favorites finish one two three at 30/1 12/1 and 38/1. They were just mentioned yesterday in the http://www.harnessracingupdate.com/ where they hit Freehold after hitting the Pompano Park track (but they migrated to the show pools instead of win).

Now they just cracked Race 8 at Wheeling Downs, the place where it all started. Show payouts were HUGE.

Attached is the payouts. If you are playing small pool tracks in harness or greyhounds, you might take a shot at show pool wagering every now and then but they send their money in late so that it will not appear on the board until after the race begins leaving me to believe they are heavy hitters with a direct line into the wagering hubs so that they can get their wagers in on time without risking their offshore wagers. Seems they will be losing this service soon as those off shore guys do not keep customers that score like these guys.

RaceTrackDaddy
02-22-2014, 02:58 PM
Upon further inspection,,,,(looking at the pools)...I noticed it was a bridge jumper as only one dog was bet hard in the show pool..

Win pool was $822
Place pool $314
Show pool $1968 with $1,810 on the 7 who was 3/5 and won his last two...

Sorry for the mistake as I pulled the trigger before checking the pool....still a hell of a show payout...on track.

Sea Biscuit
02-22-2014, 05:21 PM
Funniest statement of the year

"when my dog went into the box at 8/5 and came out the box at 25/1."

:lol::lol::lol:

RaceTrackDaddy
02-22-2014, 06:51 PM
It's early in the year though..lol