PDA

View Full Version : 3 Year Old Accepted Into Mensa

cj's dad
02-20-2014, 10:50 AM
Amazing story

http://www.euronews.com/2014/02/20/3-year-old-little-einstein-accepted-into-mensa-/

tucker6
02-20-2014, 01:52 PM
I guess I'm a Doubting Thomas on this one. How does a child with a 5th grade reading comprehension pass the mensa exam, which is on a much higher level of difficulty? I smell PR move by mensa and/or the parents. Unless I'm reading this entirely wrong, I have questions.

spicytomato
02-20-2014, 01:57 PM
shes adorable

i have worked ((volunteered )) with many gifted children
in the governors school for the gifted

many were self taught in reading writing and math
and were reading by age 18 months

seriously just think its mother nature churning out
what the earth will need in the future

I mean someone has to clean up the mess, eh :p

cj's dad
02-20-2014, 02:30 PM
I guess I'm a Doubting Thomas on this one. How does a child with a 5th grade reading comprehension pass the mensa exam, which is on a much higher level of difficulty? I smell PR move by mensa and/or the parents. Unless I'm reading this entirely wrong, I have questions.

From the article:

"qualified by scoring among the top 2 percent of the general population on a standardized intelligence test, her father said."

Nothing said about a test administered by Mensa.

tucker6
02-20-2014, 02:42 PM
From the article:

"qualified by scoring among the top 2 percent of the general population on a standardized intelligence test, her father said."

Nothing said about a test administered by Mensa.
I missed that. Thank you. :ThmbUp:

Still doesn't really change the tenor of my post though. I sense some form of PR in all this. That isn't to say that the girl isn't very bright, but I sense her being used somehow.

cj's dad
02-21-2014, 05:17 PM
I missed that. Thank you. :ThmbUp:

Still doesn't really change the tenor of my post though. I sense some form of PR in all this. That isn't to say that the girl isn't very bright, but I sense her being used somehow.

People with IQ's in the 120-130 range are very bright. This girl is +160. If you missed it she taught herself to speak Spanish off of her parents i-pad.

JustRalph
02-21-2014, 05:24 PM
People with IQ's in the 120-130 range are very bright. This girl is +160. If you missed it she taught herself to speak Spanish off of her parents i-pad.

If she's so damn smart, she needs to buy her own iPad

:lol:

Mystic
02-21-2014, 08:33 PM

cj's dad
02-21-2014, 11:24 PM

Pretty sure she is 3 - I don't think she has a job at this point !!!

PhantomOnTour
02-21-2014, 11:29 PM
Give her a set of past performances and put this lil genius to work.
If she picks the Derby superfecta I will be convinced :)