PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Mom takes on home invaders

JustRalph
02-20-2014, 12:07 AM
http://www.wxyz.com/news/mom-opens-fire-on-home-invaders-in-detroit-to-defend-children

Ballsy criminals

Caught after taking fire

Detroit Chief praises her

Check out the video

They challenged her when she said she had a gun

Golf and Horses
02-20-2014, 02:00 AM
Now look what you did Ralph...only the bad guys use those big scary guns...how are we supposed to ban them now that Moms are using them for protection??? :lol:

newtothegame
02-20-2014, 02:32 AM
What the hell was she thinking???? I mean I am sure those young teens (breaking in) were only looking for a warm place to stay.....
So, what if they challenged her (when she announced she had a gun), and one even attempted to go back in after she fired.....
He was probably just trying to reason with her......:faint:

Sadly, she missed!!!

JustRalph
02-20-2014, 03:44 AM
Take note how easily that door came apart

Never assume a Door/Lock/Window etc will keep anyone out

HUSKER55
02-20-2014, 10:06 AM
she need some target practice.

fast4522
02-21-2014, 06:53 AM
I think this brave mom used measured response, it did sound like she wanted to let them know that she had a gun and would use it. While the tale of not messing with a mamma bear with cubs is golden, we are all born to love life and picking sides of life to love becomes natural. This the founding fathers understood when writing the second amendment to our Constitution. The very best we can do for our whack jobs in this country is more lead.

jballscalls
02-23-2014, 10:42 AM
http://www.wxyz.com/news/region/wayne-county/3-different-homeowners-use-guns-to-defend-themselves-against-intruders-this-week

Two more homeowners defending themselves against robbers. I'm glad the news is running with these stories as maybe it will deter some of these monsters from trying to rob people.

Rookies
02-24-2014, 07:30 PM
Day 11,000 passes, still without a single shot ever fired in my Lower Middle- Middle Class neighbourhood. :cool:

Tom
02-24-2014, 08:56 PM
How many robberies, muggings?

Rookies
02-24-2014, 10:57 PM
How many robberies, muggings?

Can't get that broken down data for my sub set neighbourhood. The larger area that included mine, ranked 62 out of 140 neighbourhoods. My little rectangle is about 1/8 the size of the whole. And, the main streets which border my neighbourhood and others, have a little " more action", I believe.

For comparison purposes,

1) the Worst (#1) Neighbourhood had 82 Robberies, 390 Assaults, 0 Murders per 34k Pop for 2011.

2) the Best (#140), had 14 Robberies, 44 Assaults, 0 Murders per 9.8k Pop.

3) Mine had 39 Robberies, 252 Assaults, 0 Murders per 20k Pop. So, I know there were obviously 0 Murders, but I don't know where the Assaults/Robberies occurred, although TO Police with Cherries flashing, aren't roaring through my neighbourhood. In fact, on a summer night, when we're sitting on the porch, there isn't a car for 20 minutes... :)

jballscalls
02-25-2014, 12:22 AM
Day 11,000 passes, still without a single shot ever fired in my Lower Middle- Middle Class neighbourhood. :cool:

I always wonder where these things happen as well. I mean, I live in a decent part of town, but I don't think I've ever even heard a gun shot in my life other than the one time I went to a shooting range.

jballscalls
04-11-2014, 11:16 AM
Another Detroit homeowner protects his/her property from intruders.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/25218623/suspected-intruder-killed-by-homeowner-was-15-years-old

PaceAdvantage
04-12-2014, 12:28 PM
Tragic for all involved. Obviously tragic for the family and friends of those killed.

And I'm sure the homeowner in all these cases is going to have to live with the devastating feeling that they were forced to kill another human being, and all the civil/legal and not-so-legal repercussions that might happen to them in the aftermath.

But, that's the chance you take when you ****ING BREAK INTO ANOTHER PERSON'S HOUSE IN ORDER TO STEAL FROM THEM OR CAUSE BODILY HARM.

Let this be a lesson to all perspective criminals out there...you mess with the bull, and you might get the ultimate horn...

PhantomOnTour
04-12-2014, 12:33 PM
Why do these guys break into homes when someone is there?

Isn't that Burglary/B&E 101 ? :D
- make sure no one is home before entering!

You may get blown to kingdom come