PDA

View Full Version : Dead Heat and Shadow Roll

dkithore
02-17-2014, 02:18 AM
Today I witnessed a race (Australia) where the horse with a thick shadow roll dead heated with one without. My question: what do you guys think about the fairness of such outcome? It is not a nose but bloody 2 inch thick shadow roll shares the photo finish and the prize. Does that bother anyone?

Some_One
02-17-2014, 02:29 AM
What does the shadow roll have to do with it? the nose crosses the line first.

Clocker
02-17-2014, 02:34 AM
Today I witnessed a race (Australia) where the horse with a thick shadow roll dead heated with one without. My question: what do you guys think about the fairness of such outcome? It is not a nose but bloody 2 inch thick shadow roll shares the photo finish and the prize. Does that bother anyone?

I have never seen a shadow roll that extended beyond the nose of the horse. Do you have a picture of this?

wisconsin
02-17-2014, 04:59 PM
I would imagine with the head bobbing downward, it's possible, but it would be unlikely.

dkithore
02-17-2014, 09:49 PM
Yes exactly. The head bob of the finish showed the white line touching his roll and not the nose. Unfortunately I don't know how to go back to take the photo finish. Besides I can tell the diifference between the nose and the thick roll potruding that touched the line giving it half the purse.

I was curious if anyone else had seen such phenomenon in North American racing.