PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Junk Food (chocolate not included)

Redboard
02-16-2014, 07:00 PM
Evil Doctor Moreau has kidnapped you and banished you to a desert island. He’s given you a gourmet cook and all the food you want except you are not allowed to eat anything that’s on the following list. You plead for mercy and he condescending agrees to let you have one. See, he’s not totally evil after all.

:)

Clocker
02-16-2014, 07:06 PM
Pizza is not a junk food. It is a basic food group.

fast4522
02-16-2014, 07:10 PM

I think it could be considered a perfect meal if eaten with beer.

horses4courses
02-16-2014, 07:12 PM
Mr./Ms. Pollster:

I take exception to your leaving out an "all of the above" selection :confused:

Seriously, though, I have a weakness for popcorn.
I make it the old fashioned way - in a large stove-top soup pot with a little oil and salt - no butter needed. Yumm..... :)

badcompany
02-16-2014, 07:15 PM
Ice cream. Nothing else comes close.

Ben and Jerry's Half-Baked is a good one.

thaskalos
02-16-2014, 07:27 PM
Ice cream. Nothing else comes close.

Ben and Jerry's Half-Baked is a good one.
Is it possible to maintain 10% body fat while endulging in B&J's Half-Baked?

Just askin...

Mike at A+
02-16-2014, 07:33 PM
Or a nice glass of Chianti.

Pizza is NOT "junk food". You get carbs, you get dairy, you get veggies, you get olive oil and if you top it with broccoli rabe (my favorite pizza topping), it becomes "health food". And if you get it at Denino's in Staten Island, you will savor every bite.

Clocker
02-16-2014, 07:40 PM

Beer is also a basic food group.

Sapio
02-16-2014, 07:56 PM

Pizza is NOT "junk food". You get carbs, you get dairy, you get veggies, you get olive oil and if you top it with broccoli rabe (my favorite pizza topping), it becomes "health food". And if you get it at Denino's in Staten Island, you will savor every bite.

Add anchovies and mushrooms and it is complete, but don't forget to cross the street for some fruit intake at Ralph's Ices.

Thomas Sapio

Let's Roll
02-16-2014, 08:12 PM

I just love broccoli rabe and I make home made pizza all the time, never used it as a topping. I'll make sure to try that !

TJDave
02-16-2014, 08:42 PM
What have you got against chocolate?

Mike at A+
02-16-2014, 08:56 PM
Add anchovies and mushrooms and it is complete, but don't forget to cross the street for some fruit intake at Ralph's Ices.

Thomas Sapio
Funny you should mention that. My cousin lives in Staten Island and he's a "pizza snob". My wife had to attend a bridal shower in SI last summer and my cousin took me to Denino's and after we wolfed down a pizza at the bar we hit Ralph's. If I remember correctly, Ralph's was at that location since 1928.

Actor
02-16-2014, 10:44 PM
Pizza is not a junk food. It is a basic food group.One of the four basic food groups.

The chocolate group
The pizza group
The burger group
The beer group

RaceBookJoe
02-16-2014, 10:50 PM

Just askin...

Possible..yes, likely...highly doubtful.

LottaKash
02-16-2014, 11:00 PM
I voted for "ice cream", but as another had asked, why leave out "chocolate"....?

Is it because, it is considered a "staple" ?...:jump: ... It is my biggest weakness...:cool:

CincyHorseplayer
02-16-2014, 11:04 PM
Got to add some detail to this!

-love those Snyder's pretzel pieces Buffalo wing flavor

-I make my own habanero(deveined and deseeded)salsa with tomatoes,red onions I put on my smoker and garden grown(all) cilantro,which I have to have often.

-sour dough pretzels

-salt and vinegar chips

-Skittles

-olive salad with different cheese and bread/chip combos(tapas)

-Funyuns are totally awesome!

Redboard
02-16-2014, 11:12 PM
What have you got against chocolate?

Because 1)dark chocolate is not a junk food, unless it’s mixed with sugar/corn syrup (i.e., Snickers, Three Musketeers, etc.) and 2) Chocolate would win hands-down if I included it in this list. (Think Secretariat in the Belmont.:p
)

(Just ate a piece of Trader Joe's dark chocolate, yum.)

Redboard
02-16-2014, 11:22 PM
Mr./Ms. Pollster:

I take exception to your leaving out an "all of the above" selection :confused:

Moreau is not totally evil, but he's not a nice guy either.

Seriously, though, I have a weakness for popcorn.
I make it the old fashioned way - in a large stove-top soup pot with a little oil and salt - no butter needed. Yumm..... :)

Popcorn is not necessarily junk food, which is why is labeled my entrée "Movie Theater". Now that stuff is infinite calories. I eat the microwave variety myself.

HuggingTheRail
02-16-2014, 11:30 PM
Hawkins brand Cheezies

badcompany
02-16-2014, 11:46 PM

Just askin...

A pint is about 1100 calories. I could probably get away with two pints a week without seeing negative effects. The problem is that I have such a wicked sweet tooth that I'd eventually eat it every day.

That said, I believe a person could maintain 10%bf eating ice cream, daily, but, the portion size required would leave most people wanting. Ice cream is something you eat until you feel like a stuffed pig. Obviously, that can't be done on a regular basis while maintaining a high level of health and fitness.

OntheRail
02-17-2014, 12:01 AM
From me it's chips be it Snyder's BBQ, Pringles Cheese & Jalapeno, Ruffles and French Onion... yep the humble tasty chip. ;)

magwell
02-17-2014, 12:10 AM
After reading all this. I'm needing ice cream now big time, and the more Chocolate it is the better..........;)

Actor
02-17-2014, 12:24 AM
I would have voted for chips but it was not clear whether they came alone or with dip or salsa.

Clocker
02-17-2014, 02:38 AM
I would have voted for chips but it was not clear whether they came alone or with dip or salsa.

Or margaritas. :p

HUSKER55
02-17-2014, 06:48 AM
guys,....nothing says life is geat like Oreo Cookies

Tom
02-17-2014, 07:05 PM
Ice Cream.
Chocolate chip.
But I have to day, those Drumsticks......that little surprise of chocolate in the very bottom of the sugar cone.........God, if I knew troop movements, I would give them up for one of those! :blush: :p

BlueShoe
02-17-2014, 10:51 PM
I take exception to your leaving out an "all of the above" selection
Also missing is "none of the above." Nothing beats a nice greasy hotdog loaded with everything that is bad for you.

badcompany
02-17-2014, 11:19 PM
Also missing is "none of the above." Nothing beats a nice greasy hotdog loaded with everything that is bad for you.

Another would be Buffalo Chicken Wings.

Grits
02-17-2014, 11:51 PM
I don't eat between meals, or after dinner at night. I don't eat junk food. Never have. Not a sweet eater either. Only eat desserts if having dinner in a fine restaurant. I would be ok without everything on the list.

Now, if you told me I couldn't have lobster, oysters, shrimp, crabmeat, grouper, red snapper, etc, ....we'd have a REAL BIG PROBLEM. I love all seafood except calamari.

burnsy
02-18-2014, 06:59 AM

No wonder I voted for it.,,,,I must be a health nut. Why do I weigh 210 pounds ? :) It is my basic food group......I eat it basically 3 to 4 times a week...

ManU918
02-18-2014, 08:35 AM
If soda is on this list then I guess this qualifies...

http://blog.silive.com/kidsinthecity/2009/04/large_Snapple_Lemon_Tea_copy.jpg

Redboard
02-18-2014, 02:26 PM
I don't eat between meals, or after dinner at night. I don't eat junk food. Never have. Not a sweet eater either. Only eat desserts if having dinner in a fine restaurant. I would be ok without everything on the list.

Now, if you told me I couldn't have lobster, oysters, shrimp, crabmeat, grouper, red snapper, etc, ....we'd have a REAL BIG PROBLEM. I love all seafood except calamari.

How much do you weigh?

Redboard
02-18-2014, 02:34 PM
From me it's chips be it Snyder's BBQ, Pringles Cheese & Jalapeno, Ruffles and French Onion... yep the humble tasty chip. ;)
Yea, chips got my vote too. Love them. Salt-&-Vinegar, BBQ, . Jalapeño.
:)

They were born in Saratoga Springs(1853), so there's a connection here.

Johnny V
02-18-2014, 02:45 PM
I just love broccoli rabe and I make home made pizza all the time, never used it as a topping. I'll make sure to try that !
I have eaten sautéed broccoli rage with olive oil and garlic and hot red pepper flakes as a side with anchovy pizza and it is great along with a glass of vino. I will have to try this as a topping as well. Like some, I really do not consider pizza a junk food at all.

elysiantraveller
02-18-2014, 06:57 PM
I voted ice cream because I can smash though a pint of cherry garcia inside of 15 minutes... however, if dips are available chips and good salsa, kettle cooked salt and vinegar, jalapeno, and sea salt and cracked pepper is a pretty formidable menu.

I can't do popcorn anymore... working at a movie theater in highschool totally ruined that for me.

Grits
02-18-2014, 07:54 PM
At 5ft, 5", I fluctuate between 125 and 128 lbs. I've been in a size 8 for 20 years. For years, I was a size 6. I cried when I had to go to a larger size; I wish I was as thin as I used to be. :rolleyes: But age has a way of dismissing our wishes. Once in a while, in the summer, I eat Haagen Daz Vanilla Bean with fresh fruit. I love it. If I can choose a dessert in a fine restaurant, its Creme Brulee'. Very simple, but delicious.

I've never liked sweets and junk food. You put lobster in front of me though? I could eat you under the table. :lol:

ManU, Snapple tea is good stuff. Its not soda. Soda's gross.

How much do you weigh?

ManU918
02-18-2014, 10:26 PM
ManU, Snapple tea is good stuff. Its not soda. Soda's gross.

I agree. Although it is filled with sugar... It doesn't make me feel like shit like soda does.

Tom
02-18-2014, 11:15 PM
The four food groups -

Fast food
Frozen food
Canned food
Drive thru

BlueShoe
02-19-2014, 10:34 AM
Snapple tea is good stuff. Its not soda. Soda's gross.
Green tea is said to be good for you, if that is the primary ingredient. Having never consumed a bottle of Snapple, have no idea what else is in it.

delayjf
02-19-2014, 10:50 AM
I voted for movie theater popcorn because I'm a popcorn junkie. However, My first inclination was Hooters chicken wings.

PaceAdvantage
02-19-2014, 12:02 PM
I can't do popcorn anymore... working at a movie theater in highschool totally ruined that for me.Dare I ask?

Yes, I am asking... :lol:

johnhannibalsmith
02-19-2014, 12:11 PM
... Soda's gross.

Fighting words.

TJDave
02-19-2014, 02:31 PM
At 5ft, 5", I fluctuate between 125 and 128 lbs. I've been in a size 8 for 20 years. For years, I was a size 6. I cried when I had to go to a larger size; I wish I was as thin as I used to be.

I grew up in the rag business and back in the 70's was a buyer for a major retailer. I know sizes. I've been shopping with my wife. I don't say a word. ;)

I have no doubt you could find a 4 or smaller to fit. Shop around.

elysiantraveller
02-19-2014, 06:59 PM
Dare I ask?

Yes, I am asking... :lol:

After making 1000's of pounds of it and coming home reeking of the smell of it for a couple of years its just completely unappetizing to me. The smell of it even bothers me. I used to love it as a kid with some melted butter and a bit of parmesan but after that it ruined it for me

elysiantraveller
02-19-2014, 07:01 PM
Fighting words.

Agree, was on a BAD Canada Dry kick for awhile, hate Vernors, but have moved on to a bad Squirt kick.

redshift1
02-19-2014, 11:59 PM
Costco Pumpkin Pie, 6-8 helpings per pie. Usually eat the whole pie in one day .