PDA

View Full Version : Snake Salvation co-star dead..

TheEdge07
02-16-2014, 06:20 PM
Refuses medical help...

UPDATE: ‘Snake Salvation’ Star Dead From Snake Bite; NatGeo To Air Tribute Episode (http://www.deadline.com/2014/02/snake-salvation-pastor-jamie-coots-dead-snake-bite/)

National Geographic joins his family, friends and community in mourning the loss of Pastor Jamie Coots. In following Pastor Coots for our series Snake Salvation, we were constantly struck by his devout religious convictions despite the health and legal peril he often faced. Those risks were always worth it to him and his congregants as a means to demonstrate their unwavering faith. We were honored to be allowed such unique access to Pastor Jamie and his congregation during the course of our show, and give context to his method of worship. Our thoughts are with his family at this difficult time.

TJDave
02-16-2014, 06:38 PM
Good. I was rooting for the snake. :ThmbUp:

Clocker
02-16-2014, 06:42 PM
Good. I was rooting for the snake. :ThmbUp:

Is the snake co-starring on the show now?

TJDave
02-16-2014, 06:54 PM
Is the snake co-starring on the show now?

He should get top billing. Obviously the smartest on the show.

Overlay
02-16-2014, 07:23 PM
E7iqVfrGY7w

therussmeister
02-17-2014, 12:36 AM
Refuses medical help...

UPDATE: ‘Snake Salvation’ Star Dead From Snake Bite; NatGeo To Air Tribute Episode (http://www.deadline.com/2014/02/snake-salvation-pastor-jamie-coots-dead-snake-bite/)

National Geographic joins his family, friends and community in mourning the loss of Pastor Jamie Coots. In following Pastor Coots for our series Snake Salvation, we were constantly struck by his devout religious convictions despite the health and legal peril he often faced. Those risks were always worth it to him and his congregants as a means to demonstrate their unwavering faith. We were honored to be allowed such unique access to Pastor Jamie and his congregation during the course of our show, and give context to his method of worship. Our thoughts are with his family at this difficult time.

I think this should have been posted in the thread titled: Having a "Duh" moment

HUSKER55
02-17-2014, 06:52 AM
it was the snake in the garden of eden

after all this time and all the sermans, man still does not get it.

I will call this an act of re-enforcement! :D

davew
02-17-2014, 09:55 AM
An interview with his son this morning said that he had been bitten by snakes before and survived - at least 7 times. His faith in god helped him survive.

FantasticDan
02-17-2014, 10:45 AM
cE0gsrCzbnU

Overlay
02-17-2014, 03:06 PM
An interview with his son this morning said that he had been bitten by snakes before and survived - at least 7 times. His faith in god helped him survive.
To me, having faith in God to protect you from a danger that you could not have foreseen. or after you've done everything possible to avoid it or to protect yourself from it, is one thing. Placing yourself deliberately and unnecessarily in harm's way solely as a means of supposedly demonstrating the depth of your faith or the truth of a Biblical promise that you will not be harmed, falls under the heading of "putting God to the test", which that same Bible says not to do.

TJDave
02-17-2014, 03:14 PM
Placing yourself deliberately and unnecessarily in harm's way solely as a means of supposedly demonstrating the depth of your faith or the truth of a Biblical promise that you will not be harmed, falls under the heading of "putting God to the test", which that same Bible says not to do.

Oh no.... :eek:

A contradiction. ;)

davew
02-17-2014, 04:30 PM

A contradiction. ;)

not really, god decided it was time for him to start the next phase of his existence

Overlay
02-17-2014, 05:10 PM

A contradiction. ;)
not really, god decided it was time for him to start the next phase of his existence
No contradiction, and I'm still in the same phase that I was before.:)

Satan tried the same thing with Jesus when he took him to the top of the temple in Jerusalem and tempted him to "walk the talk" about having faith in God by jumping off and trusting in God to keep him from hitting the ground, when there was no reason to do so other than as a presumptuous test of God's protection. In refusing to do so, Jesus quoted back to Satan the same Old Testament verse that I mentioned (Deuteronomy 6:16).

The risen Christ said that his followers, in the course of obeying his commission to spread the gospel, would "take up serpents" without being harmed, but that was an example of how God would protect them from an unanticipated event that would otherwise have harmful consequences, or that would occur in the course of acting for a greater good (as in being bitten by a serpent as a result of taking action to save someone else from it). It was not a command to intentionally do so as a frivolous test of God's ability or willingness to save them when there was no need to do so.

HUSKER55
02-17-2014, 05:51 PM
did they kill the snake, make boots out of the skin, fried it up...

or is it still their pet?

Clocker
02-17-2014, 06:50 PM
or is it still their pet?

Now it is their idol. ;)

PhantomOnTour
02-17-2014, 08:05 PM
Maybe God told the snake to "take up people" and he took one alright.

Red Knave
02-17-2014, 08:15 PM
My early vote for Darwin award winner of 2014.
Ressssst in Peasssss.

Tom
02-17-2014, 09:51 PM
Ressssst in Peasssss.

:lol: Funny guy!

TJDave
02-18-2014, 08:04 PM
From TMZ:

The rattler that took a deadly bite out of "Snake Salvation" pastor Jamie Coots will not be killed ... in fact, the family will deploy the snake during next Saturday's service ...

Coots was bitten Saturday while he was preaching to his congregation and died after refusing medical help ... believing he was protected from the venom by God's power.

Jamie's son Cody tells us, the family still believes in God's protective power against snake venom -- despite his father's death -- telling us his dad felt it was much better to die from a snakebite than a stroke or car accident ... in fact, for him a snakebite was "God's way."

Cody -- who will take over as pastor -- says, "It was God saying, this is how you wanted it, and it's your time to go ...If he didn't plan [to die this way] he would have stayed alive."

HUSKER55
02-19-2014, 12:35 AM
Brothers...ah said brothers :lol:

Overlay
02-19-2014, 12:47 AM
One other musical commentary:

9iJ4ySMuizU