PDA

View Full Version : Having a "Duh" moment...

highnote
02-15-2014, 09:57 PM
Reflecting on 50 years of Beatles...

I was listening to John Lennon's song "Gimmee Some Truth" and as I read the lyrics -- which I've read and heard hundreds of times -- I had a "duh" moment when the wisdom of his lyrics dawned on me:

"No short haired, yellow-bellied son of tricky dicky gonna soft soap me with just a pocket full of hope."

I don't dislike Obama, but didn't he soft soap American voters with just a pocket full of hope?

I wonder what Lennon would have said about Obama had he been alive? Being honest made him a great artist and being a great artist made him influential and well-known which ultimately led to his death.

aDDJeM5R4PM

I know Lennon was referring to Paul McCartney when he wrote:

"So Sgt. Pepper took you by surprise. You should have seen right through that mother's eyes."

The point I'm making is... when it comes to politicians, don't believe what comes out of their mouths.

Or as George Harrison wrote, "Beware of maya." Maya is Sanskrit for illusion.

Don't get me wrong. I don't hate Obama, or Nixon or Clinton, etc. I'm just making an observation that many of us already know and The Beatles wrote about those same human traits.

Then there's Ringo. He just likes to enjoy life with a little help from his friends. A lot can be learned from the Fab Four.

I don't listen to One Direction or Justin Bieber. Do they say anything on the level of The Beatles?

Tom
02-16-2014, 12:20 AM
I wonder what Lennon would have said about Obama had he been alive?

Goo goo g'joob.

Mike at A+
02-16-2014, 06:53 PM
I wonder what Lennon would have said about 0bama had he been alive?
How do you sleep?