PDA

View Full Version : One and Done....

taxicab
02-14-2014, 01:46 PM
Take a look at trainer Bob Baffert's 2013 Derby hopefuls after they put in an "eye catching" performance.

Super Ninety Nine: Won the Southwest by over 11 1/4 lengths.....never won another race.

Flashback: This could of been the most overrated horse in history.
Won the Robert Lewis (against the slowest opposition ever assembled) by 6 1/4.....still hasn't won another race.
What a snow job they pulled with this talentless runner.

War Academy: His 3 1/2 length allowance score was described as "jaw dropping" by Bloodhorse......not only did he never win again,he couldn't even finish his next race.

Tiz The Truth: Remember the hype on this one ? All the wiseguys loved him.
Breaks his maiden by 7 3/4, and he was supposed to be headed to New York for the Wood.
He didn't exactly make the Wood.
What he did do was disappear for 6 months.

Governor Charlie: He was the "now" horse after romping by 5 open lengths breaking the sound barrier @ Sunland Park.......Hasn't won another race since.

Moral of the story: All of these horses put up daylight victories beating up on terrible opposition.
They were then overhyped ( to say the least ), and when they ran against good horses they were exposed as frauds.

Robert Fischer
02-14-2014, 01:57 PM
don't forget Bodemeister

Bodemeister: a smallish colt (much like Bayern) Demolished the field in the Arkansas Derby (http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbPDFChartPlus.cfm?BORP=P&STYLE=EQB&DAY=D&tid=OP&dt=04/14/2012&ctry=USA&race=11) by 9.5 lengths and then went on to a very strong 2nd in the Kentucky Derby, and then a 2nd in the Preakness.

Mystic
02-14-2014, 02:13 PM
don't forget Bodemeister

Bodemeister: a smallish colt (much like Bayern) Demolished the field in the Arkansas Derby (http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbPDFChartPlus.cfm?BORP=P&STYLE=EQB&DAY=D&tid=OP&dt=04/14/2012&ctry=USA&race=11) by 9.5 lengths and then went on to a very strong 2nd in the Kentucky Derby, and then a 2nd in the Preakness.

Good point Robert.

taxicab
02-14-2014, 02:17 PM
don't forget Bodemeister

Retired eligible for a Non Winners of 2 other than....

classhandicapper
02-14-2014, 02:21 PM
It's hard to criticize someone with as much success at Baffert, but IMHO, the reason so many of his horses disappoint going forward is that he cranks them up too much too soon. He works them really hard and really fast. So they come out running and develop quickly. But some horse can't handle it. It's not too different than what we see from Pletcher.

I prefer the style of guys Shug, Mott, Shirreffs, etc... They take their time and develop horses slowly.

the little guy
02-14-2014, 02:48 PM
Make sure you ignore Silver Charm, Real Quiet, Lookin at Lucky, Point Given, Midnight Lute, Silverbulletday, and really any of the myriad of successful horses Bob Baffert has trained.

It would be like starting a thread claiming the author of this thread makes valuable contributions to this board. Then again, you would have to find at least one example of that first.

Let me get back to you on that.

elhelmete
02-14-2014, 03:24 PM
Two guys walk out of a bar one night and after a moment, one walks over to a streetlamp and starts looking around the ground.

The other says, "what are you doing?"

#1 says, "looking for my keys"

#2 says, "where'd you last have them?"

#1, "in the bar"

#2, "why aren't you looking at the bar?"

#1, "the light is better here."

classhandicapper
02-14-2014, 03:31 PM
Make sure you ignore Silver Charm, Real Quiet, Lookin at Lucky, Point Given, Midnight Lute, Silverbulletday, and really any of the myriad of successful horses Bob Baffert has trained.

I'd like to see the percentage of horses trained by Shug/Mott that get stopped on after a few impressive races vs. the percentage of horses that get stopped that way when trained by Baffert/Pletcher.

Intuitively, I think they'd be as different as their training styles, but I honestly never looked at the stats.

Serious question, who would you bet on to be here at the end of the year?

Honor Code/Top Billing or your choice of any 2 of the following now:

Midnight Hawk
Havana
Indianapolis
Chitu
Tap It Rich
Bayern
Commissioner
etc..

taxicab
02-14-2014, 03:47 PM

It would be like starting a thread claiming the author of this thread makes valuable contributions to this board. Then again, you would have to find at least one example of that first.

Let me get back to you on that.

What part of "2013 Derby Hopefuls" don't you understand ?

And are you having trouble comprehending " All of these horses put up daylight victories beating up on terrible opposition.They were overhyped( to say the least )and when they ran against good horses they were exposed as frauds.".......
So the truth gives you problems ?

I didn't bring up Baffert's all time greats because they had nothing to do with the point I was making in this thread.
But I'll humor you here Mr. Little Guy.
All of the horse you mentioned were lights out Champions.
Trainer Baffert ran them often, against the best competition in the world.
And they were great horses because of it.
He doesn't do that anymore, now does he Mr. Little Guy ?
I think it's safe to say he babies all of his high priced young horses.....right ?
How's that working out for him ?

And nice job making yourself look like a child cheap shotting my posting history on this board........stay classy Mr. Little Guy.

the little guy
02-14-2014, 03:49 PM
What part of "2013 Derby Hopefuls" don't you understand ?

And are you having trouble comprehending " All of these horses put up daylight victories beating up on terrible opposition.They were overhyped( to say the least )and when they ran against good horses they were exposed as frauds.".......
So the truth gives you problems ?

I didn't bring up Baffert's all time greats because they had nothing to do with the point I was making in this thread.
But I'll humor you here Mr. Little Guy.
All of the horse you mentioned were lights out Champions.
Trainer Baffert ran them often against the best competition in the world.
And they were great horses because of it.
He doesn't do that anymore, now does he Mr. Little Guy ?
I think it's safe to say he babies all of his high priced young horses.....right ?
How's that working out for him ?

And nice job making yourself look like a child cheap shotting my posting history on this board........stay classy Mr. Little Guy.

You cheap shot a Hall of Fame trainer....but I'm the bad guy?

Good luck with that.

the little guy
02-14-2014, 03:53 PM
Baffert just won the Malibu and the Strub.

He sucks.

taxicab
02-14-2014, 04:16 PM
You cheap shot a Hall of Fame trainer....but I'm the bad guy?

Good luck with that.

Nice diversionary tactic.
If I only stated facts about the horses I mentioned, how is that a cheap shot ?
Did I call Baffert names ?
Did I accuse him of any wrong doing ?
I just wrote the results of what his horses did on the race track in 2013.
Point out to everyone here what part of what I wrote wasn't the truth.
I didn't cheap shot Baffert,you're just making things up to suit your means.
And I explained to you why I didn't reference Baffert's champions in my first response to you.
What I wrote was easy to understand, I don't know why you're twisting it around.
I suggest you take an online course on reading comprehension.
And while you're at it......double up and take a course on how not to behave like a child.
They'll do ya wonders.

taxicab
02-14-2014, 04:21 PM
Baffert just won the Malibu and the Strub.

He sucks.

Was I referencing the Malibu or the Strub ?
No.
I was talking about his Derby hopefuls.
And I never said he sucked.
Didn't I just say he trained a barn load of Champions ?

rastajenk
02-14-2014, 04:21 PM
When you consider how many he has every year, it's easy to see that some will pan out and some won't, and just as easy to make oversimplified generalizations.

the little guy
02-14-2014, 04:24 PM
Was I referencing the Malibu or the Strub ?
No.
I was talking about his Derby hopefuls.
And I never said he sucked.
Didn't I just say he trained a barn load of Champions ?

The winner of those races was a 3YO of 2013 that was prepped for the TC.

I will grant you that your work in this thread is consistent with the inaccuracy of your previous posts.

taxicab
02-14-2014, 04:42 PM
The winner of those races was a 3YO of 2013 that was prepped for the TC.

I will grant you that your work in this thread is consistent with the inaccuracy of your previous posts.

Shakin It Up was always considered a sprinter before his race as a 4yo in the Strub.
In his 2/3 yo season Baffert only tried this horse once at two turns.
Oh yeah,it was his poorest performance by far.
A very tired fourth in the Sunland Derby.
Baffert knew this horse wasn't ready for the distances of the Triple crown races.

And you keep saying my previous posts are inacurate.
I'm calling you on it.
Put up something.....anything I wrote that is inaccurate.
In simple terms, just for you.....that would be not a fact.
Go ahead, find something I wrote that wasn't true.
And if you can't find anything I wrote that was inaccurate ( not a fact ), then drop it.

the little guy
02-14-2014, 04:51 PM
Shakin It Up was always considered a sprinter before his race as a 4yo in the Strub.
In his 2/3 yo season Baffert only tried this horse once at two turns.
Oh yeah,it was his poorest performance by far.
A very tired fourth in the Sunland Derby.
Baffert knew this horse wasn't ready for the distances of the Triple crown races.

And you keep saying my previous posts are inacurate.
I'm calling you on it.
Put up something.....anything I wrote that is inaccurate.
In simple terms, just for you.....that would be not a fact.
Go ahead, find something I wrote that wasn't true.
And if you can't find anything I wrote that was inaccurate ( not a fact ), then drop it.

Finding inaccuracies in your posts is like finding calories in candy bars....

Flashback: This could of been the most overrated horse in history.Won the Robert Lewis (against the slowest opposition ever assembled) by 6 1/4.....still hasn't won another race.

He finished second in the SA Derby ( to an eventual dual Grade 1 winner ) and his return race, the Damascus. That is two for three solid races for this supposed " talentless runner " that " could have been the most overrated horse in history."

This isn't the first time you have made stuff up to suit your agenda.

speed
02-14-2014, 04:58 PM
Trainers also have owners who want to win early. Baffert may have owners who desire early success.

taxicab
02-14-2014, 05:39 PM
Finding inaccuracies in your posts is like finding calories in candy bars....

He finished second in the SA Derby ( to an eventual dual Grade 1 winner ) and his return race, the Damascus. That is two for three solid races for this supposed " talentless runner " that " could have been the most overrated horse in history."

This isn't the first time you have made stuff up to suit your agenda.

That's the card you're playing?
Flashback ?
For quite awhile early last year Flashback was considered Baffert's best 3yo.
He was also considered the West Coat favorite for the Kentucky Derby.
Here's a quote from Baffert about Flashback.
"I want to thank the West's for putting this monster in my lap".
Here's what Flashback did:

Broke his maiden sprinting.

Beat 3 horses in the Robert Lewis ( the horse who ran 2nd was Den's Legacy, 3rd was He's Had Enough....have either of those two even won a race since then ? And wasn't that one of the slowest route races of the Santa Anita meet ?

Next Flashback ran off like a quarter horse in the San Felipe, LOSING at even money.

Then Flashback LOST AGAIN at even Money in the Santa Anita Derby.

For an encore, Flashback came back and LOST AGAIN in a 5 horse field in the Damascus Stakes at something like thirty cents on the dollar.

And finally Flashback laid another Egg in the Malibu, finishing 4th.
Yet another LOSS.

So let's review here,shall we....

Beats 3 other slow horses for his only victory against winners in a very slow time.
Runs off like a clown, losing at even money.
Beat again at even money.
Losing at thirty cents on the dollar, in a five horse field.
And finally tanking in the Malibu.
Newsflash!
He was overrated and slow!
Oh yeah, and a HUGE money burner.
And BTW, huge money burners are what overrated horses are.

maclr11
02-15-2014, 12:56 AM
She was a Derby nominee
So what about Midnight Lucky
She was amazing in her MSW debut, was touted to the whole world
Crushed in the Sunland Park Oaks
Ran a huge sheets number in the Oaks
Then comes back in the Acorn and wins by 6 1/4 over Close Hatches and Kauai Katie

That doesn't sound one and done to me.

Pensacola Pete
02-15-2014, 03:49 AM
(Read the original post if you want to see what was said)

Super Ninety Nine has 3 wins in 6 races. After the 11 length win, its next and final race was against Goldencents and Flashback in the SA Derby (see below). Finished 3rd to those two. Off till October, working intermittently since then.

Flashback has 2 wins and 3 seconds in 6 starts. First two races were wins. Rank in the next start. Beaten in the SA Derby by multiple Grade 1 winner Goldencents. Then he's off seven months and breaks badly in an ungraded stakes. The horse isn't going to be used hard off that long in a prep race. Still finishes second. 54 days later he's in a Grade 1 at 7 furlongs and gets squeezed at the start, spots the field 11 lengths. Finishes less than 2 lengths from the lead. Hardly a dud.

War Academy would be hard pressed to "win again" being pulled up in the Arkansas Derby, since he hasn't raced since then.

Tiz the Truth won two out of three since the layoff. What the "wise guys" say means nothing. The horse's figures were average.

Govenor Charlie (note the spelling) wasn't expected to win the Preakness. He went off at 9-1. Off 8 months, comes back in a tough Grade 2, finishes second to Grade 1 winner Shakin It Up. Not a bad effort.

I don't know what your agenda with Baffert is, but his horses won over $15 million each of the last two years with less than 600 starts each year, including second in all three Triple Crown races in 2012. He finished second in winnings to Todd Pletcher both years. He must be doing something right.

Stillriledup
02-15-2014, 04:50 AM
Horses are very fragile, many of them will run a few bang up races and then not "achieve" greatness, that's just the reality of things. Baffert is probably better than the median at getting talented horses to big races. There seem to be quite a few large margin winners who have good breeding and are owned and trained by fancy connections that don't go on to achieve greatness, Baffert is certainly not the only high profile trainer who has "hyped" up horses who fail to deliver on a great career after they showed brilliance early on.

Now, if horses were machines and made of titanium, all these large margin winners would keep winning and do great things, they would hold their form for an entire career, when we saw greatness out of a first or 2nd time starter, we would know for sure, that horse will keep being great and keep winning.

Unfortunately, the reality of the situation is that many of these horses run their eyeballs out and are never the same....so, its more of a critique on the state of the game, the fragility of the beast and not necessarily some kind of failure on Bob's part to keep these "Great horses" at the top of their game race in and race out.

burnsy
02-15-2014, 08:23 AM
Super Ninety Nine has 3 wins in 6 races. After the 11 length win, its next and final race was against Goldencents and Flashback in the SA Derby (see below). Finished 3rd to those two. Off till October, working intermittently since then.

Flashback has 2 wins and 3 seconds in 6 starts. First two races were wins. Rank in the next start. Beaten in the SA Derby by multiple Grade 1 winner Goldencents. Then he's off seven months and breaks badly in an ungraded stakes. The horse isn't going to be used hard off that long in a prep race. Still finishes second. 54 days later he's in a Grade 1 at 7 furlongs and gets squeezed at the start, spots the field 11 lengths. Finishes less than 2 lengths from the lead. Hardly a dud.

War Academy would be hard pressed to "win again" being pulled up in the Arkansas Derby, since he hasn't raced since then.

Tiz the Truth won two out of three since the layoff. What the "wise guys" say means nothing. The horse's figures were average.

Govenor Charlie (note the spelling) wasn't expected to win the Preakness. He went off at 9-1. Off 8 months, comes back in a tough Grade 2, finishes second to Grade 1 winner Shakin It Up. Not a bad effort.

I don't know what your agenda with Baffert is, but his horses won over $15 million each of the last two years with less than 600 starts each year, including second in all three Triple Crown races in 2012. He finished second in winnings to Todd Pletcher both years. He must be doing something right.

I never have an agenda other than betting horses at the right price...I could honestly give a shit who trains a horse if I think its that good and the right price. I will say that the money that went on War Academy was the dumbest bet in the Arkansas derby last year and saying no one expected Governor Charlie to win is a farce too. 9-1 was a complete underlay, somebody liked him...he beat one horse I believe and the guy that wins these often (Lukas) with Oxbow being 15-1 was completely ridiculous. I gave out Oxbow on this forum...look it up if you don't believe me. No agenda but if you think there are not people out there that just bet these horses because it says Baffert or Pletcher at the top of the PP's, you are nuts. My agenda is every horse is different no matter who trains them and trainers take money on horses that really don't deserve it ALL the TIME. If saying these guys don't have easy tosses due to the stupid price they go off at..........is a "shot" against the trainer then I'm guilty too. I thought I was betting against everyone in the pool not the trainer. If people don't see that some of these horses are money burners they are in denial. No one expected Governor Charlie to win...I can't believe that statement, he was almost HALF the price of the winner who had MORE credentials to run well. War Academy went off at some stupid price too, like second choice or maybe even fave. Yeah, there are great trainers but there are even more fools that just base their bets on it without really evaluating the horses ability and credentials (prior efforts). I would NEVER take a shot against Baffert himself....I'm taking shots against all the "dumb" money on his band wagon. I read more than one whacky claim that Governor Charlie would win the Preakness, got a kick out of it too....:lol:

Exotic1
02-15-2014, 09:46 AM
I don't know what your agenda with Baffert is,[/U] but his horses won over $15 million each of the last two years with less than 600 starts each year, including second in all three Triple Crown races in 2012. He finished second in winnings to Todd Pletcher both years. He must be doing something right.

I'm not going to speak for Taxi because I don't get paid enough. Actually, I may hire him to speak for me if he's available.

From what I can tell of his post, he made one point which was that the Baffert's Derby hopefuls of 2013 were overhyped by the media (and perhaps the public at large), largely due to a single or perhaps a few wide margin victories that looked better on paper than they actually were. The way to quantify that is by looking at their subsequent performances. He went on to give examples. This is the take away of the post "Moral of the story: All of these horses put up daylight victories beating up on terrible opposition."

By definition, his is a judgement call, handicapper's do this everyday. They say (judgment) that certain wide margin victories appear better on paper due to the quality of the (lack of) opposition. Some handicappers said that about Samraat's big win. If you're a betting man, that means you will find some value betting against these types of horses if the overhype turns out to be an overhype. Plain and simple. As far as an agenda, Taxi is surely allowed to have one and write about it. He presented examples that were open to scrutiny and were upheld. If I may say, his opinion on Cali races is so far superior and lengths ahead of an earlier OP that it is embarrassing. Not referring to you Pete. Some people have posted opinion's about Lukas and Pletcher and how these trainer's manage young horses. It's an opinion and in some cases an agenda which I guess is just an acute opinion.

burnsy
02-15-2014, 11:42 AM
What about the "agenda" that media types, bloggers and posters project about horses and trainers? Oh, this guy is a super star trainer....like you can't "stand against" their horses at all.....ever. Even when the price is some under inflated joke? Some of these horses are so easy to spot too...if you have any racing/betting sense. As sure as shit that I'm sitting here, there will be some "super horse" hyped because of the "super trainer" and he/she will win a race by open lengths and its the next coming of Cigar or Secretariat. For me, I love it, its easy money when they meet their match. The form, shows and internet world goes a buzz with these horses. If you even project a negative opinion....people can't stand it. Lets just face it, most are followers, they react to what they hear or see without question. If you don't question these trainers, the horses and most importantly the PRICE....this game will chew you up. Personally, I think Taxi is somewhat on the right track maybe his words were a little harsh. One of the reasons I follow what people post about these horses is to see who the next "biggest loser" will be. And I'm telling you, if you look at War Academy and Governor Charlie's PP's.......honestly and thoughtfully, then compare that to the price offered...it was a suckers proposition...win or lose. Don't even get me started on Verrazano because he was even a bigger joke. When he did win, what did you get??? All of 4 bucks or less........:lol: The two things I bet are football and racing...if you can't see past the hype.....good luck to you because I don't see how you will last. They (people I mentioned) will be calling some of these horses "the greatest" before you know it...mark my words and many of them will be a total flop when they are the lowest price. Its something you can literally almost bank on.

Stillriledup
02-18-2014, 05:38 PM
Take a look at trainer Bob Baffert's 2013 Derby hopefuls after they put in an "eye catching" performance.

Super Ninety Nine: Won the Southwest by over 11 1/4 lengths.....never won another race.

Won the Robert Lewis (against the slowest opposition ever assembled) by 6 1/4.....still hasn't won another race.

War Academy: His 3 1/2 length allowance score was described as "jaw dropping" by Bloodhorse......not only did he never win again,he couldn't even finish his next race.

Breaks his maiden by 7 3/4, and he was supposed to be headed to New York for the Wood.

Governor Charlie: He was the "now" horse after romping by 5 open lengths breaking the sound barrier @ Sunland Park.......Hasn't won another race since.

Moral of the story: All of these horses put up daylight victories beating up on terrible opposition.
They were then overhyped ( to say the least ), and when they ran against good horses they were exposed as frauds.

Tiz the Truth is no longer with us, he died recently of some sort of infection.

VeryOldMan
02-18-2014, 05:55 PM

I'm late to the thread. Throw in War Emblem as a Derby winner. It's now 11+ years for Baffert. Have times changed? Honestly. Not being sarcastic and am not looking for a dismissive response.

Mystic
02-18-2014, 10:33 PM
Tiz the Truth is no longer with us, he died recently of some sort of infection.

I was looking for a write up about that but have yet to find one. Very sad, I liked him.

Thebigguy
02-18-2014, 11:23 PM
don't forget Bodemeister

He was the best 3yr old that year, by far.

Thebigguy
02-18-2014, 11:25 PM

THis is kinda unfair. Tiz The Truth dominated an allowance and recently died, RIP to him.
Governor Charlie recently ran a great comeback race vs a good field.
All the other horses were hurt. Horses get hurt. It happens.

Thebigguy
02-18-2014, 11:26 PM

Nice post. More accurate then the original posters filth.

Stillriledup
02-19-2014, 12:11 AM
THis is kinda unfair. Tiz The Truth dominated an allowance and recently died, RIP to him.
Governor Charlie recently ran a great comeback race vs a good field.
All the other horses were hurt. Horses get hurt. It happens.

To be fair, Tiz the Truth's death was not reported until after the OP made this post.

taxicab
02-19-2014, 02:55 PM
"Filth"....
What I wrote was filth.
I'll put up with alot....
But there is no way in the world I put up with my post being called filth.
Filth is pornography,what pigs slop around in and what rattles around in your half brain big guy.

Back to my original post which I took so much heat for.
Let me try it like this:
If I started a thread that went like this....

The Jerry Jones led Dallas Cowboys of 2013 featuring Tony Romo,Jason Garrett,Dez Bryant and Miles Austin looked great putting up big numbers against league sad sacks such as the Oakland Raiders,Washington Redskins
and Minnesota Vikings.
But when they played quality opponents such as the New Orleans Saints,Denver Broncos and Chicago Bears they were exposed as pretenders.....not contenders.
The very same Dallas Cowboys who ESPN/FOX Sports were drooling over after their "big numbered" victories against Wash/NY/Oak/Minn.
"How can they not win the NFC East ? Just look at their talent!!!" they said over and over again.
How did that turn out for the 2013 Cowboys???

Off of the reaction from my thread starter, this is what would of went up soon after.
How can you just ignore Troy Aikman,Jimmy Johnson,Emmit Smith and Michael Irvin!!!
They all played/coached for the Cowboys!
Each and everyone of them is a Hall of Famer!!
You are a Cowboy hater Taxi!!!
How can you dis AMERICAS Team!!
They are 4 time super Bowl Champions!!
You're a cheap shot artist!!!
The Cowboys rule!!!
My response would of been, I was talking about the 2013 Dallas Cowboys.
Not the 1993 Dallas Cowboys.
The last time I checked Aikman/Irvin/Smith/Jimmy Johnson weren't on that 2013 team.
Of course the next response from the peanut gallery would of been....
How about Charles Haley!!!
How can you dis Charles Haley!!!
You're a hater Taxi!!!
Next shot from the crowd would of been, and how about "Moose Johnson"!!
Ahhhh, he also didn't play on the 2013 team I was talking about....
From the lynch mob would of come.....
You have an agenda against America's Team Taxi!!
They have won 4 Super Bowls!!
Agenda!!!
So somebody please tell me, what's the difference ?

cj
02-19-2014, 04:48 PM
He was the best 3yr old that year, by far.

Don't see how you can really argue he was better than I'll Have Another.

burnsy
03-15-2014, 06:43 PM

Overhyped????? No not him......what 8-5?????...............:lol: Where's Governor Charlie???

Dad4Gloria
03-23-2014, 10:50 AM
"Filth"....
What I wrote was filth.
I'll put up with alot....
But there is no way in the world I put up with my post being called filth.
Filth is pornography,what pigs slop around in and what rattles around in your half brain big guy.

Back to my original post which I took so much heat for.
Let me try it like this:
If I started a thread that went like this....

The Jerry Jones led Dallas Cowboys of 2013 featuring Tony Romo,Jason Garrett,Dez Bryant and Miles Austin looked great putting up big numbers against league sad sacks such as the Oakland Raiders,Washington Redskins
and Minnesota Vikings.
But when they played quality opponents such as the New Orleans Saints,Denver Broncos and Chicago Bears they were exposed as pretenders.....not contenders.
The very same Dallas Cowboys who ESPN/FOX Sports were drooling over after their "big numbered" victories against Wash/NY/Oak/Minn.
"How can they not win the NFC East ? Just look at their talent!!!" they said over and over again.
How did that turn out for the 2013 Cowboys???

Off of the reaction from my thread starter, this is what would of went up soon after.
How can you just ignore Troy Aikman,Jimmy Johnson,Emmit Smith and Michael Irvin!!!
They all played/coached for the Cowboys!
Each and everyone of them is a Hall of Famer!!
You are a Cowboy hater Taxi!!!
How can you dis AMERICAS Team!!
They are 4 time super Bowl Champions!!
You're a cheap shot artist!!!
The Cowboys rule!!!
My response would of been, I was talking about the 2013 Dallas Cowboys.
Not the 1993 Dallas Cowboys.
The last time I checked Aikman/Irvin/Smith/Jimmy Johnson weren't on that 2013 team.
Of course the next response from the peanut gallery would of been....
How about Charles Haley!!!
How can you dis Charles Haley!!!
You're a hater Taxi!!!
Next shot from the crowd would of been, and how about "Moose Johnson"!!
Ahhhh, he also didn't play on the 2013 team I was talking about....
From the lynch mob would of come.....
You have an agenda against America's Team Taxi!!
They have won 4 Super Bowls!!
Agenda!!!
So somebody please tell me, what's the difference ?

No he was right - your post, like many, was filth.