PDA

View Full Version : Hide your vote......Senate scum

newtothegame
02-14-2014, 04:49 AM
http://townhall.com/news/politics-elections/2014/02/13/suspense-in-senate-debt-vote-shrouded-in-secrecy-n1794722

"Skittish Republicans had an additional concern: They knew the Democratic-backed legislation couldn't move forward without at least a few GOP votes, but none of them wanted to be left hanging out there alone on what could be a politically treacherous vote"

And THIS my friends is what our country has come to......

And for those of you on the left, this is not about you or the dem side....so hold your attacks lol ....

This is for the scum that is the establishment! You can run and you can hide but each and everyone of you running and hiding your vote needs to be booted come November.

McCain, Corryn, McConnel and the other three.....Don't be ashamed that you are democrats in disguise...stand up and let your vote be counted you pieces of sh!t.

thaskalos
02-14-2014, 04:55 AM
So much for transparency in government. :rolleyes:

Democracy at its finest...

Robert Goren
02-14-2014, 06:38 AM
Apparently there were 2 republican senators behind this forced voted. Ted Cruz is one. The other one is real secret. Everybody seems to acknowledge he or she exist, but no one will name him or her. Why are all the republican senators protecting him or her? Like the man said, transparency at its finest.

newtothegame
02-14-2014, 07:16 AM
Ummm Sluethy, Cruz did not try to "HIDE" his vote.
As I said, this is not about the debt ceiling, (although it could be). This is about Democrats (Disguised as repugs) who instead of standing up and saying this is how I vote on the issue, did their best to HIDE from the American public.

I really could care less how they vote if they are man or woman enough to be able to stand behind that vote. I may not always agree with the other side but at least I know they stand for something. What happened here is a total disgrace in my opinion and they should all be tossed out on their butts!

fast4522
02-14-2014, 07:31 AM
Cruz’in for a Bruising.

http://swampland.time.com/2014/02/13/cruzin-for-a-bruising/

ArlJim78
02-14-2014, 07:37 AM
those RINOS would have voted no if Cruz hadn't filibustered. They wanted the measure to pass but wanted to be able to vote no on it. Cruz flushed them out of their hidey holes, I think that's why they tried to use a cloak of secrecy over the vote. they didn't want to be seen changing from nay to aye when the measure started to falter. a real Profiles In Courage session there.

Robert Goren
02-14-2014, 07:59 AM
those RINOS would have voted no if Cruz hadn't filibustered. They wanted the measure to pass but wanted to be able to vote no on it. Cruz flushed them out of their hidey holes, I think that's why they tried to use a cloak of secrecy over the vote. they didn't want to be seen changing from nay to aye when the measure started to falter. a real Profiles In Courage session there.Too bad Cruz's "partner in crime" doesn't have the courage to come out. If this was such a good thing, why hide? Why are they keep his or her name a secret? The only real secret is anymore is who this tea party hero is.

newtothegame
02-14-2014, 08:05 AM
Too bad Cruz's "partner in crime" doesn't have the courage to come out. If this was such a good thing, why hide? Why are they keep his or her name a secret? The only real secret is anymore is who this tea party hero is.
You continue to say Cruz and his "partner" are hiding.
I understand you like to attack the tea party...we all get that. But could you please explain how "hiding" is fillibustering as well????

The entire senate process was changed to hide ALL the voting that usually takes place. What part of that do you not understand?

Could you imagine an entire congressional body who could hide their votes and the effect it would have on the entire process? Of course you cant!

The ability to see the votes, and have them recorded is the only real way to hold your congressional members responsible for their actions!

But continue to attack the TEA party for making sure to have votes ON THE REPUG side accounted for. We already knew which way the dems were voting. But again I can see why you would attack Cruz for this...he keeps outing the RHINOS (that help the lib cause)!

ArlJim78
02-14-2014, 09:39 AM
Too bad Cruz's "partner in crime" doesn't have the courage to come out. If this was such a good thing, why hide? Why are they keep his or her name a secret? The only real secret is anymore is who this tea party hero is.
a better question is what you are talking about? what partner in crime? where did you get this information about a secret partner? you don't need a partner to filibuster.

Robert Goren
02-14-2014, 09:50 AM
You continue to say Cruz and his "partner" are hiding.
I understand you like to attack the tea party...we all get that. But could you please explain how "hiding" is fillibustering as well????

The entire senate process was changed to hide ALL the voting that usually takes place. What part of that do you not understand?

Could you imagine an entire congressional body who could hide their votes and the effect it would have on the entire process? Of course you cant!

The ability to see the votes, and have them recorded is the only real way to hold your congressional members responsible for their actions!

But continue to attack the TEA party for making sure to have votes ON THE REPUG side accounted for. We already knew which way the dems were voting. But again I can see why you would attack Cruz for this...he keeps outing the RHINOS (that help the lib cause)!It has been state several times by republican senators including the CNBC morning show yesterday that Ted Cruz did NOT act alone, but that there were two GOP senators that were involved in forcing the roll call vote. No one will name the other senator. If the roll call vote was such a great idea, why doesn't the other senator show him or her self? Why are they trying to keep their identity a secret? You are all for disclosure. Tell me why is that person's name being kept a secret. That all I am asking. I don't have a problem with the vote, I just want to know who forced it. I think gridlock is going to be real issue in the fall that is going hurt the GOP. Some unnamed senator thought by forcing a vote, he or she could get the bill pulled. He or she forced everybody to be on record but now wants to hide the fact that they tried to get the bill pulled by forcing the vote. Why aren't they as courageous Cruz? I think that senator wants to tell the big right wing donors in secret that they forced the vote, but don't want answer questions about it in the fall. Why do you think that Senator wants to keep their name a SECRET?

incoming
02-14-2014, 10:19 AM
It has been state several times by republican senators including the CNBC morning show yesterday that Ted Cruz did NOT act alone, but that there were two GOP senators that were involved in forcing the roll call vote. No one will name the other senator. If the roll call vote was such a great idea, why doesn't the other senator show him or her self? Why are they trying to keep their identity a secret? You are all for disclosure. Tell me why is that person's name being kept a secret. That all I am asking. I don't have a problem with the vote, I just want to know who forced it. I think gridlock is going to be real issue in the fall that is going hurt the GOP. Some unnamed senator thought by forcing a vote, he or she could get the bill pulled. He or she forced everybody to be on record but now wants to hide the fact that they tried to get the bill pulled by forcing the vote. Why aren't they as courageous Cruz? I think that senator wants to tell the big right wing donors in secret that they forced the vote, but don't want answer questions about it in the fall. Why do you think that Senator wants to keep their name a SECRET?

Your "lipstick" looks and taste a little funny. :confused:

JustRalph
02-14-2014, 10:57 AM
"A public feud with the ultimate Washington insider would only enhance his stature with his grassroots base. If McConnell wants vengeance, he would be wise to keep his fingerprints off the weapon."

Cruz just flexing his muscles

Those guys are scared to death of him. Cornyn is running ads every five minutes on radio here in Texas. For somebody being called invincible, he sure is spending lots of money.

This Senate should be meeting in a strip club in New Jersey.

Clocker
02-14-2014, 11:05 AM
This Senate should be meeting in a strip club in New Jersey.

What did Jersey strippers do to deserve that? :rolleyes:

fast4522
02-14-2014, 08:50 PM
For the most part both parties members enter the United States Congress with admirable intentions but stay too long and get polluted. I admire Ted Cruz for turning up the heat on his own party, and in doing so forcing all to take a good look into the mirror. The good old boys in both party's deserve to face the unemployment line or career change for being ignorant to the United States Constitution and financial sovereignty of our country.

Clocker
02-14-2014, 09:24 PM
For the most part both parties members enter the United States Congress with admirable intentions but stay too long and get polluted.

A big problem is that they forget who they are working for. The problem is worse in the Senate than in the House, and is worse with the leadership than with the worker bees.

The problem is that they forget that they are there to represent a specific set of constituents, and start to think of themselves are part of the federal government. Especially at the top of the food chain, their only concern about their electorate is to bring home enough pork to get reelected.

There have been at least a couple of Senators recently in the news because they and their families no longer lived in their "home" state. They lived in the D.C. area. Period. This is a symptom of another huge problem: a full time Congress. A Congress doing its job efficiently and limits itself to its legal duties should be able to do its work in about 2 or 3 months out of the year. A full time job contributes further to the mind set of being part of the government instead of being a representative of your fellow citizens. The only time these people go "home" is to campaign.

newtothegame
02-15-2014, 12:07 AM
Absolutely right Clocker,
And as another poster mentioned a few post earlier, I too am proud of Cruz for turning up the heat on HIS OWN PARTY.

All them fools up there need to understand who they represent (and here's a hint, it's not supposed to be themselves).

I really like the idea of a PT congress......

Let's see, I would imagine the average salary to be somewhere north of 120K. Reduce that to 40K for a few months of work.

Save 80k per......

435 or so in the house and 100 in the senate = 535 x 80k = 42,800,000 SAVED. Hmm may not seem like much more then a drop in the bucket but its a drop none the less.

I am sure we can feed quite a few of the people who deserve with almost 43 million per year saved~!

Robert Goren
02-15-2014, 09:04 AM
Absolutely right Clocker,
And as another poster mentioned a few post earlier, I too am proud of Cruz for turning up the heat on HIS OWN PARTY.

All them fools up there need to understand who they represent (and here's a hint, it's not supposed to be themselves).

I really like the idea of a PT congress......

Let's see, I would imagine the average salary to be somewhere north of 120K. Reduce that to 40K for a few months of work.

Save 80k per......

435 or so in the house and 100 in the senate = 535 x 80k = 42,800,000 SAVED. Hmm may not seem like much more then a drop in the bucket but its a drop none the less.

I am sure we can feed quite a few of the people who deserve with almost 43 million per year saved~!The rank and file congressman and senator makes $174,000 in salary. The leaderships makes about $20K more. Then there are benefits. They will tell you they are under paid compared to the private sector. I say few of them would be getting much above minimum wage if they did their job in the private sector as poorly as they do it in congress.

The idea of a part time congress is a good one. I have been following the attempt to re-legalize online poker pretty closely. It is amazing how many hearing they have had on the subject. They keep studying it over and over again. It was in one bill that the senate voted on and has never reached the floor in the house. Just crazy the amount time and money spent on it. And it is pretty small potatoes in the big picture of what congress considers.

fast4522
02-15-2014, 10:02 AM
"The idea of a part time congress is a good one. I have been following the attempt to re-legalize online poker pretty closely."

Somehow part of the problem is that lawmakers HAVE BEEN placating the obsessive compulsive crowd for too long. Picking on poker might be viewed as mean as picking on horse racing, but babying a bunch of people is nothing more than giving a child a lolly pop so you do not have to listen to them whine. These United States would be far better off if the majority of the Congress just voted NO. It does not matter what it is for, if 85+ % of the votes were no we would all be better off.

Tom
02-15-2014, 10:47 AM
But continue to attack the TEA party for making sure to have votes ON THE REPUG side accounted for. We already knew which way the dems were voting. But again I can see why you would attack Cruz for this...he keeps outing the RHINOS (that help the lib cause)!

He always forgets how many filibusters the dems have had over the years.
Never lets reality ruin a good rant.

Tom
02-15-2014, 10:49 AM
What did Jersey strippers do to deserve that? :rolleyes:

Can't you just picture Nancy Pelosi on a pole, in spiked heels and fishnets?
Dingy Harry with a sawbuck in his teeth.
Anthony Weiner in the background?

Tom
02-15-2014, 10:52 AM
"The idea of a part time congress is a good one. I have been following the attempt to re-legalize online poker pretty closely."

It is the only idea.
No full time government is ever of the people, by the people, or for the people.
Ever.

If the average Joe off the street is not just a likely as anyone else to serve a term your government should be over-thrown immediately.

Clocker
02-15-2014, 10:53 AM

Harry Reid wouldn't give away 10 cents unless it was somebody else's.

fast4522
02-15-2014, 01:12 PM
Can't you just picture Nancy Pelosi on a pole, in spiked heels and fishnets?
Anthony Weiner in the background?

A sick thought Tom, its a good thing there is better control of who accesses the pole.