PDA

View Full Version : Lefty, Show Me.. Thoughts??

sq764
04-06-2004, 11:45 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/04/06/no.fly.lawsuit.ap/index.html

delayjf
04-06-2004, 12:36 PM
My thoughts,

I don't consider flying to be a "right". If the Gov has errored in barring these people, then they should address the issue. If the airlines allow these individuals to fly, then they should inform the other passengers that are on the same flight and give them options. I don't see this as a big deal. But let the ACLU burn up its resources if they want.

ljb
04-06-2004, 01:24 PM
Just another example of gubermnt control that the rightys are willing to accept in their pursuit of total control.

schweitz
04-06-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by ljb
Just another example of gubermnt control that the rightys are willing to accept in their pursuit of total control.

Holy crap---have you got that backwards!

sq764
04-06-2004, 02:17 PM
'The Practice' had an episode similar to this.. A guy started his own airline and banned Arabs from flying. One of the Arab men tried to put a stop to it, but the defense said they were defending the 'right to safety'..

Very interesting episode.

Tom
04-06-2004, 06:28 PM
....presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

I am not willing to give up that right. I will take my chances with terrorists before I give up my rights.
The bottom line of 9-11 is that no new powers, no exceptions to the constitution, no Patriot Act was needed to prevent the tragedy. EVERYTHING needed to prevent 9-11 was already in place. Wothless, lazy, incompetent government and airline personnel ALLOWED 9-11 to happen. It was completley preventable and the system completely failed. Now, they are all scrambling to cover their butts. Fact is, 9-11 could easily happen again today. Airline security is a joke. And already, the people doing it are complacent, lazy, and generally incompetant.
We are wastine time and money trying to rebuild Iraq when we should be focusing on our own country.