PDA

View Full Version : Washington (state)

Cholly
02-11-2014, 06:38 PM
It appears relocation from Texas to the Northwest is in my near future. Hopefully someone can assure me that the state of Washington doesn’t have any restrictions on ADW activity.

Also… other than Emerald Downs, are there any OTB/simulcast outlets in Tacoma or Seattle?

jballscalls
02-11-2014, 07:48 PM
It appears relocation from Texas to the Northwest is in my near future. Hopefully someone can assure me that the state of Washington doesn’t have any restrictions on ADW activity.

Also… other than Emerald Downs, are there any OTB/simulcast outlets in Tacoma or Seattle?

We look forward to having you in the Northwest! I don't believe there are any restrictions, as when I lost money on TVG, Twinspires and Youbet when in Washington!

I'm not 100% positive but I believe the rule in WA regarding OTB's is a maximum of 2 per county. I know there was one in North Seattle in addition to Emerald Downs. EmD is open year round for simo, but they do charge admission for it.

Seattle area is a great place to live, can't wait to move back some day!

kingfin66
02-11-2014, 10:28 PM
Jason is mostly correct. You cannot sign up with any ADW if you live in Washington, but you can sign up for most of them. One notable ADW that does not accept Washington players is Idabet. You can definitely open accounts with Twinspires, Expressbet, and TVG. There are very few OTBs in Washington and the ones that exist are very small. The only one I can think of in Western Washington is the Drift on Inn in north Seattle.

Feel free to PM me if you want any other info about the Seattle area; places to live, visit, etc. I have lived here for most of my life (age 7 to 48), so have pretty good all around knowledge. The best news for you is that your hometown football team just happens to be World Champs! Repeats are tough, but we should have another good run next year.

BTW, you will absolutely love the PNW.

BlueShoe
02-12-2014, 01:33 PM
This might help. One of the first things I do when considering a new place for re-location, or even just visiting, is to pinpoint the otb sites, and check the ADW regulations. :)
www.whrc.wa.gov/?page=200 (http://www.whrc.wa.gov/?page=200)

Cholly
02-12-2014, 10:11 PM
Thanks to all for your responses--definitely looking forward to this move for many reasons, but esp. to get the ADW account going again!