PDA

View Full Version : It's good to be the king.

DJofSD
02-10-2014, 08:36 PM
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obama-thats-good-thing-president-i-can-do-whatever-i-want_778944.html
President Obama "quipped" today during a visit to Monticello with the French president, "That's the good thing as a President, I can do whatever I want."
Really.

davew
02-10-2014, 11:36 PM
Apparently

LottaKash
02-11-2014, 12:26 AM
Since O took office we have slowly but surely slipped into an "Autocratic" type of government....His statements both in his SOTU address and here in this piece as well, speaks volumes and attests to and about the current mess this nation government structure by definition, is now in....

It definitely ain't our Daddy's gummint no mo'...:eek:

DJofSD
02-11-2014, 12:40 AM
Even in politics, nature abhors a vacuum.

I blame Congress. Their total lack of leadership allows this man-child to operate the way he does.

senortout
02-11-2014, 12:48 AM
Even I know you are trying to arrange words in order to further your agenda. Of course, one president would wish to see a view another had admired so long ago, and the words he used to express this desire are totally irrelevant.

Brand me.

FantasticDan
02-11-2014, 01:02 AM
:rolleyes: Well there's off protocol, then there's off the reservation, which is clearly what some posters here are. :p

PaceAdvantage
02-11-2014, 02:42 AM
:rolleyes: Well there's off protocol, then there's off the reservation, which is clearly what some posters here are. :pAnother originally awesome and insightful contribution...thanks man...

newtothegame
02-11-2014, 04:15 AM
It really is no different then him suggesting he (Obama) will just bypass whatever congress says by use of EO...

": I've got a pen and I've got a phone. Uh, and I can use that pen to sign executive orders and take executive actions and administrative actions that move the ball forward, and I've got a phone that allows me to convene, uhh, Americans from every walk of life -- nonprofits, businesses, uh, the private sector, uhh, universities, uh -- to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme: Making sure that, uh, this is a country where, if you work hard, you can make it"

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2014/01/14/dictator_obama_i_ll_use_executive_orders_to_make_t his_lousy_unjust_country_fair

ArlJim78
02-11-2014, 08:10 AM
Even in politics, nature abhors a vacuum.

I blame Congress. Their total lack of leadership allows this man-child to operate the way he does.
so do I, most of them though have no problem rolling over. when people do draw a line in the sand and try to stand up they're labeled as crazy wacko-birds, by their own party! and racist extremist terrorists by the other party and the media. no leadership, no guts, everyone just hopping on the gravy train not wanting to rock the boat, and at best making mere symbolic objections.

JustRalph
02-11-2014, 08:21 AM
He has pretty much proved he's winging it with latest Obamacare moves from yesterday.

All these moves will be whacked by a judge if they ever get to a court. And he knows that.

DJofSD
02-11-2014, 08:24 AM
And, what about his so called recess appointments. Any one going to call BS on those?

Clocker
02-11-2014, 09:48 AM
the words he used to express this desire are totally irrelevant.

The words are not relevant to that particular instant. They are highly ironic when spoken shortly after an announcement that he was unilaterally making major changes to the health care law that he and others constantly refer to as established law of the land.