PDA

View Full Version : Big A

jk3521
02-10-2014, 03:23 PM
Such a "piss poor " jockey and trainer colony! You used to be able to throw out certain trainers and jockeys in your handicapping because they never win. Now trainers Curtis Horton,Chandradat Goberthan,and the like win!. :bang: No name jocks Beato,Mejias,Worrie top the results chart! :bang: Gimmee a break! I think I'm going to bet Los Alamitos! :ThmbDown: See 'ya in the spring.! (If then)

PhantomOnTour
02-10-2014, 04:02 PM
There have been some interesting jockey tactics this winter to say the least, today included.
But this is bottom of the barrel for NY (outside of FL) at this time of year. Races for NY bred MdnClm with inexperienced jocks will produce some weird payoffs, but hang in there...
Only about six weeks or so until the better jocks, horses and trainers return.

pele polo
02-10-2014, 04:08 PM
Aqueduct is the most formidable track in the nation.

State bred maidens and bottom level maiden claimers are going to produce longshots.

Take the time know a track, recognize the false favorites. I think it'd be odd if Ortiz and Jacobson won 70% of the races. Just because somebody isn't a household name doesn't mean they aren't capable.

I rarely have an issue with the way Aqu plays out. You can have GP with their 2-5 Pletchers and lottery style turf races and Santa Anita's three horse fields.

Racetrack Playa
02-10-2014, 04:13 PM
:lol:Your Right Horton had a long stretch(10 years) without a win,his first win as an owner, And Cat Man Fu took 43 starts to break maiden , But was a easy choice given the field ,nice overlay as well. The trainer (P. Scott) of Sir Maurice has only 4 wins lifetime/153 starts , went off has a favorite ? wow caulk lost What me no worrie, bout no bad beato , I still play with crayons. :DGood luck at los almotieos?:bang::bang:

Racetrack Playa
02-10-2014, 04:15 PM
Aqueduct is the most formidable track in the nation.

State bred maidens and bottom level maiden claimers are going to produce longshots.

Take the time know a track, recognize the false favorites. I think it'd be odd if Ortiz and Jacobson won 70% of the races. Just because somebody isn't a household name doesn't mean they aren't capable.

I rarely have an issue with the way Aqu plays out. You can have GP with their 2-5 Pletchers and lottery style turf races and Santa Anita's three horse fields.
I Agree with this , its what I was trying to say,:lol:

jk3521
02-10-2014, 04:22 PM
Now Matthew Peebles wins! And beats out Rudy's horse , the one I bet! In the words of Popeye The Sailor Man "Dat's all I can stands, I can't stands no more"!

Racetrack Playa
02-10-2014, 04:27 PM
Now Matthew Peebles wins! In the words of Popeye The Sailor Man "Dat's all I can stands, I can't stands no more"!

Sweet Sweetback's Baadasssss Song (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CDQQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.imdb.com%2Ftitle%2Ftt0067810% 2F&ei=uUP5UtPSNYGMyQH7z4DoCg&usg=AFQjCNFWlDkaF7F4PnjR5MP2184pAhBE-Q&sig2=UkfSHHn3Peqygz7J45BWIQ&bvm=bv.60983673,d.aWc)(1971)M Peebles

Racetrack Playa
02-10-2014, 04:30 PM
Sweet Sweetback's Baadasssss Song (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CDQQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.imdb.com%2Ftitle%2Ftt0067810% 2F&ei=uUP5UtPSNYGMyQH7z4DoCg&usg=AFQjCNFWlDkaF7F4PnjR5MP2184pAhBE-Q&sig2=UkfSHHn3Peqygz7J45BWIQ&bvm=bv.60983673,d.aWc)(1971)M Peebles

Sorry thats Melvin Van Peebles My Bad
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rD1OzJVoWY

jk3521
02-10-2014, 04:32 PM
Makes you want to get a trainer's license. .Everybody wins at the Big A. :D

andtheyreoff
02-10-2014, 04:39 PM
Nothing like the annual "Aqueduct Inner Sucks!" thread.

jk3521
02-10-2014, 05:12 PM
Nothing like the annual "Aqueduct Inner Sucks!" thread.
You're right , I apologize, it somehow got to me this year, probably because I am betting daily. I usually laid off in the winter,while I was working. Now being retired I bet more often. Need to get myself another hobby. :D

Winter gets me down anyways :bang: :bang:

PhantomOnTour
02-10-2014, 06:34 PM
I've played the Inner more this winter since I've pretty much abandoned GP, except for the big races.
The new Monday schedule plays right into my personal schedule so it's a no brainer.

thespaah
02-10-2014, 07:27 PM
There have been some interesting jockey tactics this winter to say the least, today included.
But this is bottom of the barrel for NY (outside of FL) at this time of year. Races for NY bred MdnClm with inexperienced jocks will produce some weird payoffs, but hang in there...
Save for FL and CA, I refer to this as "horse racing nuclear winter"...
Oh well. It's winter.

thespaah
02-10-2014, 07:28 PM
Such a "piss poor " jockey and trainer colony! You used to be able to throw out certain trainers and jockeys in your handicapping because they never win. Now trainers Curtis Horton,Chandradat Goberthan,and the like win!. :bang: No name jocks Beato,Mejias,Worrie top the results chart! :bang: Gimmee a break! I think I'm going to bet Los Alamitos! :ThmbDown: See 'ya in the spring.! (If then)
On the other side, this is a time when inexperienced riders get a chance to gain some 'seat time' and improve.

Stillriledup
02-10-2014, 07:29 PM

There is a huge difference in the way the jockeys ride at this place vs other places. Its really hard to predict how the race shape will set up here, its not just this winter, its all the time, at all NYRA tracks.

Stillriledup
02-10-2014, 07:30 PM

Don't "Worrie" Be happy! :D

Thebigguy
02-10-2014, 10:01 PM
Now Matthew Peebles wins! And beats out Rudy's horse , the one I bet! In the words of Popeye The Sailor Man "Dat's all I can stands, I can't stands no more"!

Sour grapes from an obvious losing player. This entire thread is just that.

jk3521
02-11-2014, 09:25 AM
Sour grapes from an obvious losing player. This entire thread is just that.

Hey,Mr Big Guy,

I was just venting. I am not a "losing player" I cash as often as you do I am sure! :p

I realize that racing has changed from the old days and just have to go with the flow.

tzipi
02-11-2014, 10:40 AM

Beato is 2-22
Mejias is 1-7
Worrie is 1-6

I'd say hardly topping the results Aqu charts everyday. The Ortiz brothers, Cohen, Velasquez, Maragh, Franco, etc are topping the charts everyday.

Goberdhan(2-9) is new to the game with just 21 total starters from last year and this year. No reason he shouldn't win. Maybe newcomer guy to watch. I think this Aqueduct is no different than any other Aqueduct meet. but JMO.

OTM Al
02-11-2014, 02:49 PM
Hmmmm...so when Ramon was winning and Rudy Rod was winning right and left and prices were short people complained and now with Ramon gone and Rudy winning at a more normal clip people are complaining that others are winning. I am coming to the opinion that this really isn't a gambling game, it's a complaining game.

PaceAdvantage
02-11-2014, 04:24 PM
You can say that again...

Ocala Mike
02-11-2014, 04:35 PM
I am coming to the opinion that this really isn't a gambling game, it's a complaining game.

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Always has been, and always will be. The losers complain that racing is crooked, and the winners complain that they didn't have enough on the winner!

OTM Al
02-11-2014, 04:45 PM
You can say that again...

I am coming to the opinion that this really isn't a gambling game, it's a complaining game.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

tzipi
02-11-2014, 05:26 PM
Yeah I think Aqueduct is the same. No complaints here. Like the value recently too. Good prices even with the top jocks on.