PDA

View Full Version : Ellebousiante's debut

BlinkersOn
02-09-2014, 11:05 PM
I'm not sure I spelled her name correctly. It's a mouthful for sure. Zenyatta's Sis makes her debut on Tues, Feb 13, at Santa Anita. Mike Smith is in the irons. I hope Mike gives her a good ride. Catch it if you can.

PhantomOnTour
02-09-2014, 11:14 PM
What??
Another sister?

RXB
02-09-2014, 11:20 PM
First "Yevone Bellesouer" and now "Ellebousiante."

She runs Thursday, not Tuesday and it's not her debut race, either.

SharpCat
02-09-2014, 11:22 PM
What??
Another sister?

Nope. Eblouissante returns to the races Thursday at Santa Anita race #2.

BlinkersOn
02-09-2014, 11:31 PM
Sorry, you are right, Thursday. I know I probably spelled her name wrong. Hey, I'm far from perfect. I was just trying to give people that didn't know a head's up. It is her "season debut"....I realize she has run before. I'm not French, so you have to excuse the spelling. :) I had the date right. Don't expect too much of me. :lol:

BlinkersOn
02-09-2014, 11:38 PM

Fluid French and German. I'm impressed.

RXB
02-09-2014, 11:43 PM
Now you just have to tell us which of Yvon Belsoeur and Eblouissante you think is German.

BlinkersOn
02-09-2014, 11:46 PM
Now you just have to tell us which of Yvon Belsoeur and Eblouissante you think is German.

Neither. Your signature line is German, abeit poor German, but German nonetheless.

RXB
02-09-2014, 11:57 PM
Silly me; I didn't even consider that.

Blame Franz Ferdinand for the bad German.

BlinkersOn
02-10-2014, 12:01 AM
Silly me; I didn't even consider that.

Blame Franz Ferdinand for the bad German.

No, I'm sure you thought I didn't know the difference between French and German, but I do. You are going to have to do better then that to trip me up.

Now, my question is, Are you blaming the former Arch Bishop of Austria for your poor German, or the band?

It's been fun talking with you, RXB.

Seine Zeit, schlafen zu gehen. Gute nacht. :)

RXB
02-10-2014, 12:28 AM
Now, my question is, Are you blaming the former Arch Bishop of Austria for your poor German, or the band?

Both. The band learned their German from old texts of his.

On topic... it looks like a suitably small and mediocre field has been manufactured for L'il Sis's return.

letswastemoney
02-10-2014, 12:45 AM
Here is my analysis (http://thoughtsonracinglifeandmore.com/post/76196041743/lets-attempt-to-beat-eblouissante) for the race. I chose Changethechannel.

iceknight
02-10-2014, 01:14 AM
No, I'm sure you thought I didn't know the difference between French and German, but I do. You are going to have to do better then that to trip me up. As long as you know the difference between Allowance races and Maiden Special Weights, that's good enough for all of us. Further, if it is hard to spell, it is simpler to use copy+paste from Equibase or anywhere else.

As you can see, we didnt have to try anything to "trip you up". She certainly isn't "debuting". By the way who are comparing this one to now.. Personal Ensign, or Black Caviar?

After I look at the BRIS PP.. I will go with Macha!

letswastemoney
02-10-2014, 02:18 AM
She's definitely the dark horse with no dirt starts, and a dirt sire. I'm tempted to put a show wager on her, and hope for the unforeseen.

BlinkersOn
02-10-2014, 09:42 AM
As long as you know the difference between Allowance races and Maiden Special Weights, that's good enough for all of us. Further, if it is hard to spell, it is simpler to use copy+paste from Equibase or anywhere else.

As you can see, we didnt have to try anything to "trip you up". She certainly isn't "debuting". By the way who are comparing this one to now.. Personal Ensign, or Black Caviar?

I said in my post it is "her seasonal debut" if you took the time to read it. All I said is that "Lea has a long way to go to ever meet Cigar's record"...try reading before you comment. If you think the comparison was so out of line, I suggest you read Brian Zipse's blog on Horse Racing Nation, where he thinks the very same thing about Lea. I don't think we are going to see another Black Caviar for many years, and I didn't compare Zen's sister to anyone. You are making a huge deal out of my simply saying Lea had the same trainer, basically the same stats so far as Cigar had, and has a long way to go, but nothing is impossible. If you have never believed a horse could be great, then you aren't much of a horse player.

BlinkersOn
02-10-2014, 10:20 AM

I have never mentioned Yvon Bellesesouer, so how did this trainer get into the discussion?

iceknight
02-10-2014, 10:35 AM
I said in my post it is "her seasonal debut" if you took the time to read it. All I said is that "Lea has a long way to go to ever meet Cigar's record"...try reading before you comment. If you think the comparison was so out of line, I suggest you read Brian Zipse's blog on Horse Racing Nation, where he thinks the very same thing about Lea. I don't think we are going to see another Black Caviar for many years, and I didn't compare Zen's sister to anyone. You are making a huge deal out of my simply saying Lea had the same trainer, basically the same stats so far as Cigar had, and has a long way to go, but nothing is impossible. If you have never believed a horse could be great, then you aren't much of a horse player. Yes, in a later post you did correct the debut note. Alright, I was getting a little carried away last night with the ribbing and this morning it seems to me I was being a little pushy in ribbing you about EB too.

Why should I bother to read Brian Zipse's blog when you are accurately giving us the same info in your posts :lol: (jk, i will check it out, i do peruse those blogs time to time)

BlinkersOn
02-10-2014, 11:01 AM
Yes, in a later post you did correct the debut note. Alright, I was getting a little carried away last night with the ribbing and this morning it seems to me I was being a little pushy in ribbing you about EB too.

Why should I bother to read Brian Zipse's blog when you are accurately giving us the same info in your posts :lol: (jk, i will check it out, i do peruse those blogs time to time)

EB seems a much easier way to pronounce and spell an incredibly tough name:) Don't worry about the ribbing. PA advised me I needed to grow a tough skin to survive here, and I'm seeing that is the case. I thought everyone knew that EB had raced last year, and that this was her first race this year. There is no saying how good she is, because this is really a modest field that she is running against, and only 4 other horses I believe. I have no clue if she will win or not, but I'm anxious to see her race.

With Lea, my comparison is mostly that since he has gone to Mott's barn, he seems to really have improved. I'd love to see Mott have another great horse, and I hope that Lea is the real deal, and I think he is.

I do know the difference between maiden and allowance races:) I've been betting for many years. In a mdn. race, the horse has not yet won a race, and in allowance they are carefully placed so as not to lose them. That is the case, and will continue to be the case, with EB.

WTC had no excuse yesterday. He had been training, just like Groupie Doll, and had the same lay-off, yet she dominated her race. Lea was slowing down before the finish line, and I don't think there was a time WTC was going to get him. I'm anxious to see them face off again, and prove that Lea is the real deal.

Thanks for the half-hearted apology:)

iceknight
02-10-2014, 11:10 AM
EB seems a much easier way to pronounce and spell an incredibly tough name:) Don't worry about the ribbing.

I'd love to see Mott have another great horse, and I hope that Lea is the real deal, and I think he is.

WTC had no excuse yesterday. ..... I'm anxious to see them face off again, and prove that Lea is the real deal.

Thanks for the half-hearted apology:) Yes EB is easier.

yeah it would good for Mott, but I care more for the overall sport and clean healthy horses - so Clemente, Motion are the ones I rank higher on some not so random scale. Royal Delta did really good, but she didnt enter the ranks of greatness, that is there. Now, if she had won or placed in the Dubai world cup, it would have improved her stature.

Always fun to see healthy rivalries without any talk of buzzers and crybabies.

Yeah, it was half hearted, got tired after 44 & 3/5th seconds of typing ;)

FantasticDan
02-10-2014, 11:14 AM
I thought everyone knew that EB had raced last year, and that this was her first race this year.They did know, cuz there's an active thread that's covered all of Ebby's racing career, and is right here on the first page of this forum.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94942

Really no need to have created another one. ;)

BlinkersOn
02-10-2014, 11:16 AM
Yes EB is easier.

yeah it would good for Mott, but I care more for the overall sport and clean healthy horses - so Clemente, Motion are the ones I rank higher on some not so random scale. Royal Delta did really good, but she didnt enter the ranks of greatness, that is there. Now, if she had won or placed in the Dubai world cup, it would have improved her stature.

Always fun to see healthy rivalries without any talk of buzzers and crybabies.

Yeah, it was half hearted, got tired after 44 & 3/5th seconds of typing ;)

Brian Zipse is a good friend, so I always read his blog. I can honestly say that yesterday he had the winner of the 11th and 12th races, which no other handicapper had at all. I watched the pros on TV and no one picked either of those horses...just saying. I'm sure others read his blog. He is my favorite handicapper, although I have a deep respect for all of them.

BlinkersOn
02-10-2014, 11:18 AM
They did know, cuz there's an active thread that's covered all of Ebby's racing career, and is right here on the first page of this forum.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94942

Really no need to have created another one. ;)

I apologize then, because I don't yet know how to navigate the forum. I see all EB's races are there. You are right, there probably was not a good reason to start another if it had already been mentioned. Surely, you are going to forgive me my oversight. However, it's a stretch to call it active, with one post in 2014, considering the tread was started a couple years ago.

FantasticDan
02-10-2014, 11:22 AM
Surely, you are going to forgive me my oversight.
0A5t5_O8hdA

BlinkersOn
02-10-2014, 11:27 AM
0A5t5_O8hdA

You are an entertainer too.

tanner12oz
02-10-2014, 12:10 PM
This filly ran at toga I think last year it seemed completely irritated and uninterested