PDA

View Full Version : Santa Anita is getting ridiculous

bks
02-07-2014, 06:47 PM
21.4, 44.1, 1.08.2 and change for 3/4s, and no one can get close to the survivor of a suicidal pace in the last 1/4 mile?

Either the horse that won is becoming a giant, or the speed bias is historically extreme. Which is what is clearly seems.

If someone can produce another race at Santa Anita where a horse set similar fractions (on dirt) and won a race at a mile or more, I'd be glad to see it.

elhelmete
02-07-2014, 06:52 PM
A) good group of runners that race
b) got rain last night and track is tight

Stillriledup
02-07-2014, 06:55 PM
Horse who normally runs Beyers in the 60s ran a 108 in Race 2 and won, so the track is a cement highway.

This type of track won't produce carryovers, so the track super needs to get to work, betting handle will suffer if bettors see you can't beat the chalk.

Track Phantom
02-07-2014, 06:56 PM
21.4, 44.1, 1.08.2 and change for 3/4s, and no one can get close to the survivor of a suicidal pace in the last 1/4 mile?

Either the horse that won is becoming a giant, or the speed bias is historically extreme. Which is what is clearly seems.

If someone can produce another race at Santa Anita where a horse set similar fractions (on dirt) and won a race at a mile or more, I'd be glad to see it.

Agreed. You'll have to factor in the battery acid the winner had coursing through his system. I had the #7 and I thought #3 would run out of the money based on that pace. Pitiful.

Clocker
02-07-2014, 07:04 PM

They were talking about this on TVG today. Apparently there has been no rain there for weeks. There was a pretty good rain late yesterday afternoon. They said after a good soaking and then drying out, the track ended up lightening fast today.