PDA

View Full Version : Robert Sacre of Lakers fouls out.....stays in the game anyway!

Stillriledup
02-05-2014, 09:53 PM
Amazing performance by LAL to win on the road with an extremely short roster. Robt Sacre fouls out with 3 and change left in game leaving LAL with FOUR players left.....so, he stayed in the game per league rules.

Amazing win for those guys, what a gutty effort.

cj
02-05-2014, 10:46 PM
That is an obscure rule I had never heard before, and it seems pretty bogus to me. How can two guys be listed as DNP-Coach's Decision? What is to stop a team from having a star foul out with a few minutes to go and the coach say "our other guys are all hurt, he has to stay in"?

TJDave
02-06-2014, 02:54 AM
Two other obscure NBA rules:

Palming and traveling. ;)

Stillriledup
02-06-2014, 03:29 AM
That is an obscure rule I had never heard before, and it seems pretty bogus to me. How can two guys be listed as DNP-Coach's Decision? What is to stop a team from having a star foul out with a few minutes to go and the coach say "our other guys are all hurt, he has to stay in"?

I think that they said if Sacre committed a foul, the other team would get 2 FTs and a technical also, so there's that danger. You raise a good point....i also thought about something similar, if the game is on the line with a few seconds left and a bad FT shooter is heading to the line to attempt extremely crucial FTs, that player can just say "i can't play" and leave the game.....i think the opposing team can "Select" a FT shooter off the bench, so they will pick the person with the lowest percentage, but if the player who originally is going to shoot is the team's worst FT shooter, they at least upgrade a bit. I dont think i've ever see a team use that provision of saying that a player just isnt able to shoot.

Maybe its a judgment call on the ref's part he has to determine how "legit" it is if a team really has nobody left, but you do raise a good point.

MutuelClerk
02-06-2014, 09:48 AM
I'm sure they won in spite of management. Everyone is tanking. Now they want to trade Gasol. David Stern is probably blaming a rouge referee. The NBA is shameful this year.

Robert Goren
02-06-2014, 09:55 AM
I'm sure they won in spite of management. Everyone is tanking. Now they want to trade Gasol. David Stern is probably blaming a rouge referee. The NBA is shameful this year.As of Feb. first, Adam Silver is the commissioner of the NBA.

Valuist
02-06-2014, 12:34 PM
Learn something new every day. Was never aware of this rule. We've seen teams dress as few as 8 players before, but never saw this rule actually get used.

How bad are the Cavs? Internal problems and they get beat by double digits AT HOME against a bad Lakers team who finished with 5 players.

aardvark
02-06-2014, 02:42 PM
Learn something new every day. Was never aware of this rule. We've seen teams dress as few as 8 players before, but never saw this rule actually get used.

How bad are the Cavs? Internal problems and they get beat by double digits AT HOME against a bad Lakers team who finished with 5 players.
And now the Cavs need a new GM.

Stillriledup
02-06-2014, 04:19 PM

Lakers radio guy John Ireland was saying during the game, even with a 25 pt lead in the 3rd quarter, to not celebrate yet that the Lakers are on back to backs with not enough players. The Cavs essentially getting blown out in this game is as embarrassing a loss as NYK suffered at home to Boston (believe the Knicks lost by 40 in a game this year to a bad Boston team)

And, people criticize Lebron for bailing out on this organization. :D

This Cavs owner makes Jim Buss look like Albert Einstein.