PDA

View Full Version : Betmix, anyone using?

jrhollywood
02-04-2014, 02:57 PM
A few years back I built my own spreadsheet where i would enter all the data for races I wanted to handicap, with weighting to factors, and have it spit out my picks, ie. automate my handicapping style.

Sure enough, then I find Betmix which is basically the same thing except way faster since there's no manual input of each days races. I've created a few of my own mixes, had some luck, but all in all I keep coming back to handicapping manually.

Just curious if anyones built some mixes they live and die by. I've been tinkering with my mixes continually with no super drastic improvements. I do see they are introducing the historical results though so you can handicap against the past easily and see if how you would have performed, looking forward to that feature for the SoCal circuit to be available.

For now, its back to the form and a pen for me. As much as I want to find the magic formula and save some time, seems like there's nothing that can beat reading and evaluating.

Speed Figure
02-04-2014, 04:42 PM
Betmix looks very simple! I don't really see the value of using it.

jpjpicks
02-05-2014, 08:46 PM
I use betmix an find it very useful in sprints races only now if you want to get the most out of it you can do back races in claiming races only now let the site find the mix for the winner an write down the #'s do up to 12 to 20 races for the track you are doing an then avg it out but it comes down to what you use me I use pace an speed that's all you can do 2-turn races but it will hurt you so stay with sprint races people that try to handicap MSW or MCLM will get hurt 7 out of 10 times... good luck to you in those races

plainolebill
02-06-2014, 12:55 AM
Sounds a little like Quickhorse.