PDA

View Full Version : Hit ratio X Average $2 mutual = FP

limit2
02-04-2014, 09:27 AM
I believe that some of the best turf players are here on this forum. In D. Mitchell's book " Commonsense Betting" he writes of a Finger Print (FP) that defines each player. He defines it as: Hit ratio X Average $2 mutual = FP. If its 2.8 or higher you made the grade of professional. The 2.8 comes in many variations. For instance, .4 x $7 = 2.8, .3 x $9.40 and .09 x $32.00 = 2.8. I am of the latter persuasion and from my understanding most achieve 2.8 by way of the lower mutual. I do hope that if I can achieve this 2.8 with a higher mutual I could be considered as a professional also. Both low and high mutual achieve profits.

Ocala Mike
02-04-2014, 09:53 AM
The problem, of course, with the lower hit ratio coupled with a higher average mutuel is that the losing streaks can be daunting. Make sure you are adequately financed and/or have a good supply of Excedrin on hand along with some trusted associates you may need to borrow from when you've lost 30 or 35 in a row.

thaskalos
02-04-2014, 02:00 PM
An FP of 2.8 means that the player earns a 40% return on his horse investments. Such a player is not a "professional"; he is a legend...a fable.

Rarer than a unicorn.