PDA

View Full Version : Mutuals question/ super sunday pimlico trip report

wiffleball whizz
02-03-2014, 11:00 PM
So my friends come down from nj for a country concert on Saturday but in between that there was a lot of time for equine wagering activities....

Weekend spearheads by making a trip down Fred and Margie's for a few cocktails with cjs dad,.....we shoot the breeze then leave cuz I got another friend coming in who we gotta meet up:...

It gets late and we go to sleep with a "big day" ahead of us tnrw.....big day meaning a full on battle at the BIG L.....otherwise know as laurel park...

We get there at high noon and make a b-line up to the lounge bar all the way up.......I'm up 400 by the second race....like a surgeon picking apart races like I know the results......

I'm walking around like I own the place.....after 5 months of horse racing hibernation (betting football) I'm like a bear and finally waking up to realize racing still exists...... It's now 4pm and we gotta go and get them to downtown Baltimore for this rat concert (I'm not going but driving the drunks around

I bring them to the concert go back home sleep then midnite drive back and pick up the staggering drunks and bring them back to the hotel and my house respectively........we got plans on Sunday (yesterday) on going to Camden yards/duckpin bowling lunch anything non gambling before the go to nj and I go watch the super bowl in pure isolation.......

It's 10:39am and we can't get ahold of my friend we figure he's passed out from night before......

We'll now it's 11:03am and degeneracy starts to rear it's ugly head.....my friend says the dreaded phrase "ya know I've never been to pimlico"..... I say **** justin let's go to ole hilltop for some pre Super Bowl firing.....

Now as soon as this idea is mentioned it was like usain bolt trying to get dressed and make the double at 1 of 8 tracks....

Friend discovers pimlico is a dump but it salvages to a trip to the sports palace way upstairs at pimlico.....we dig in from noon-3:30 up there....

Meanwhile back at the ranch like David copperfield I manage to turn 900 to $224 in the course of that time......

I say **** this lets get the **** outta here....

Get downstairs to per capita lowest form of life on earth the clubhouse ground floor of pimlico,.......this place makes terminal crabs look like a walk in the park....it's as bad/rough of a crowd as you will ever see.....

Now my 224 now looks like $64......I wanna die it's like 4pm and the Super Bowl is the farthest thing from my mind.....rent is close to due I figure I got a dead Seattle squad and I'm with earths scum on what was supposed to be a tour of Baltimore........

So instead of taking the $64 to walmart and buy Tylenol pm
And hair gel I do what all sick human beings do.....I fire it in with zero regard to life itself......there's no escape for the whizz....

Gulfstream park...race 8 I take the Walter case 64 and go 6/6 on a $2 exacta wheel.....to make a long story short one of the horses I have in the top slot at 18/1 was the :13: .......30 yards to the wire I know he's home now I need help on the backend I look and for second I hand :6: :7: :8: :9: :10: :12:

I glance back up and the :9: :12: hit the wire in unison and that my friend is the whizz........I'm calling 13-12 but with the temp rail out its hard to tell....

5 minute photo and they put up the :9: for second then the :12: but 5 seconds later they put up the dead heat....9 is 6/1 and the 12 is either 28-1 or 36/1......I black out.......I tell my friend lets get the **** outta hear ill cash at lrl later in the week( I'm broke but got lots of change at home and in the car for the coin star machine (sad but true)

We put on the gulfstream feed on his 4nj bets account and the prices are up....walking out I know I got 2 $2 exacta on each combo....

The 13/9 pays 158(piss)
The 13/12 pays 535.....(god forbid it's 13/12 outright)

All day I'm happy today and then About a hour ago I'm feeding my fat face with chocolate cream pie and then the thought hits me is this a signer? It's a $2 exacta hooked up on a key and casing for over 600?

I done care if it is just Never seen this scenario before

I had no intention of being on line at pimlico cashing out for a decent amount with the scum of earth hanging over my shoulder....

For the record I still went to the coinstar and cashed in $62 worth of change and paid a 6.20 handling fee and never been happier

Cliff notes:

Friends came to visit for concert

Crushed laurel

Played whizz the taxi

Friend too drunk to go sight seeing

Went to pimlico instead

Was buried/surrounded by filth

Hit a number that I'm not sure if it's a signer or not

cj
02-03-2014, 11:11 PM
Cliff notes:

not a signer.

HuggingTheRail
02-03-2014, 11:17 PM
HuggingTheRail notes: Need to meet Mr Whizz in person one day :ThmbUp:

horses4courses
02-03-2014, 11:17 PM
Whizz, I'm afraid I can't answer your question for two reasons:

(A) I'm not 100% certain of the answer, and

(B) I can't stop frickin' laughing at your adventures :lol:

Btw, the DRF should offer you a column.
You're writing is far more entertaining to horseplayers than the run of the mill :ThmbUp:

wiffleball whizz
02-03-2014, 11:25 PM
Whizz, I'm afraid I can't answer your question for two reasons:

(A) I'm not 100% certain of the answer, and

(B) I can't stop frickin' laughing at your adventures :lol:

Btw, the DRF should offer you a column.
You're writing is far more entertaining to horseplayers than the run of the mill :ThmbUp:

Lololololol......all true what I said

I'm gonna take cj word that it's not a signer......I was leaning on it wasn't a signer but almost convinced myself it was......just a weird scenario

proximity
02-04-2014, 12:48 AM
Get downstairs to per capita lowest form of life on earth the clubhouse ground floor of pimlico,.......this place makes terminal crabs look like a walk in the park....it's as bad/rough of a crowd as you will ever see.....

you mean your magna racing experience wasn't like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pgi8z41jw8 :confused:

Stillriledup
02-04-2014, 02:00 AM
Great story whizzz, glad to see you back!!

Also, if you have a ticket that you're not sure is a signer, slip it into the SAM machine, if its a signer it will say "take to window" if its not, you just see the cash pop up, its a good way to check without having to go a live person and being obligated to cash it at that very moment.

Ocala Mike
02-04-2014, 09:48 AM
Great story; not a signer, thanks to the dead heat. The bets are not "commingled," each stands on its own as if its the only bet you made.

wiffleball whizz
02-04-2014, 07:15 PM
Great story; not a signer, thanks to the dead heat. The bets are not "commingled," each stands on its own as if its the only bet you made.

Thank you......kind of what I thought....almost feel dumb asking the question

ronsmac
02-04-2014, 08:18 PM
So my friends come down from nj for a country concert on Saturday but in between that there was a lot of time for equine wagering activities....

Weekend spearheads by making a trip down Fred and Margie's for a few cocktails with cjs dad,.....we shoot the breeze then leave cuz I got another friend coming in who we gotta meet up:...

It gets late and we go to sleep with a "big day" ahead of us tnrw.....big day meaning a full on battle at the BIG L.....otherwise know as laurel park...

We get there at high noon and make a b-line up to the lounge bar all the way up.......I'm up 400 by the second race....like a surgeon picking apart races like I know the results......

I'm walking around like I own the place.....after 5 months of horse racing hibernation (betting football) I'm like a bear and finally waking up to realize racing still exists...... It's now 4pm and we gotta go and get them to downtown Baltimore for this rat concert (I'm not going but driving the drunks around

I bring them to the concert go back home sleep then midnite drive back and pick up the staggering drunks and bring them back to the hotel and my house respectively........we got plans on Sunday (yesterday) on going to Camden yards/duckpin bowling lunch anything non gambling before the go to nj and I go watch the super bowl in pure isolation.......

It's 10:39am and we can't get ahold of my friend we figure he's passed out from night before......

We'll now it's 11:03am and degeneracy starts to rear it's ugly head.....my friend says the dreaded phrase "ya know I've never been to pimlico"..... I say **** justin let's go to ole hilltop for some pre Super Bowl firing.....

Now as soon as this idea is mentioned it was like usain bolt trying to get dressed and make the double at 1 of 8 tracks....

Friend discovers pimlico is a dump but it salvages to a trip to the sports palace way upstairs at pimlico.....we dig in from noon-3:30 up there....

Meanwhile back at the ranch like David copperfield I manage to turn 900 to $224 in the course of that time......

Now my 224 now looks like $64......I wanna die it's like 4pm and the Super Bowl is the farthest thing from my mind.....rent is close to due I figure I got a dead Seattle squad and I'm with earths scum on what was supposed to be a tour of Baltimore........

And hair gel I do what all sick human beings do.....I fire it in with zero regard to life itself......there's no escape for the whizz....

Gulfstream park...race 8 I take the Walter case 64 and go 6/6 on a $2 exacta wheel.....to make a long story short one of the horses I have in the top slot at 18/1 was the :13: .......30 yards to the wire I know he's home now I need help on the backend I look and for second I hand :6: :7: :8: :9: :10: :12:

I glance back up and the :9: :12: hit the wire in unison and that my friend is the whizz........I'm calling 13-12 but with the temp rail out its hard to tell....

5 minute photo and they put up the :9: for second then the :12: but 5 seconds later they put up the dead heat....9 is 6/1 and the 12 is either 28-1 or 36/1......I black out.......I tell my friend lets get the **** outta hear ill cash at lrl later in the week( I'm broke but got lots of change at home and in the car for the coin star machine (sad but true)

We put on the gulfstream feed on his 4nj bets account and the prices are up....walking out I know I got 2 $2 exacta on each combo....

The 13/9 pays 158(piss)

All day I'm happy today and then About a hour ago I'm feeding my fat face with chocolate cream pie and then the thought hits me is this a signer? It's a $2 exacta hooked up on a key and casing for over 600?

I had no intention of being on line at pimlico cashing out for a decent amount with the scum of earth hanging over my shoulder....

For the record I still went to the coinstar and cashed in $62 worth of change and paid a 6.20 handling fee and never been happier

Cliff notes:

Crushed laurel

Played whizz the taxi

Went to pimlico instead

Another epic weekend from the whizz.

wiffleball whizz
02-04-2014, 08:44 PM
Another epic weekend from the whizz.

Nearly impossible to bet horses or leave the house with football on.......forgot how fun horses can be at times

Grits
02-04-2014, 09:09 PM
H.A.I.R. G.E.L.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I just can't see you bothering with it, Whizz.

Oh, did you make me laugh.

RunForTheRoses
02-04-2014, 09:11 PM
Great story whizzz, glad to see you back!!

Yes, I think that is frontrunner for post of the week.

proximity
02-04-2014, 10:20 PM
H.A.I.R. G.E.L.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I just can't see you bothering with it, Whizz.

Oh, did you make me laugh.

envision the matthew mcconaughey character JOHN ANTHONY from the movie two for the money. whizz is the million dollar man with the million dollar plan!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0b5HJ1m5S8

johnhannibalsmith
02-04-2014, 11:13 PM
I had to take a four minute detour to You-Tube to watch Like A Surgeon for the first time in a while.

thespaah
02-05-2014, 09:43 PM

The 13/9 pays 158(piss)

Cliff notes:

Crushed laurel

Played whizz the taxi

Went to pimlico instead

Ya know, had I not been in a bit a of a hurry coming back from Upstate NY to beat the weather on Monday, I would have entertained thoughts of stopping on my way through to hang with ya Whiz...Next time.