PDA

View Full Version : GM, Government motors and equal pay......

JustRalph
02-03-2014, 03:13 PM
http://www.foxbusiness.com/economy-policy/2014/02/03/white-house-missteps-on-gm-pay-gap/

Obama's example is a joke

Remember the White House pays women less, just like GM

redshift1
02-03-2014, 03:21 PM
Oh, that why the new Stingray's are 15K over MSRP.

Robert Goren
02-03-2014, 03:45 PM
Another Obama hit piece from Fox. Managers and CEOs hired because of their skills as managers, not because of their knowledge of the industry. I am not saying it is best thing to do or not, but is they way it is done today. The theory is that a good manager can manage anything and that knowledge of the industry can be learned quickly. NYRA recently did the same thing. So did HP. There are thousand of examples at the CEO level and probably millions of at lower levels. I personally trained two of bosses in the ins and outs of parking when I was low level manager in the parking business.
It is not this job that will get Barra the big bucks, it is the next one when she is hired away from GM. People promoted from within always get stiffed. That is the way the system works these days.
On top of that, Obama didn't hire her and nobody has come with anything that says he even had a part in it. But a little thing like that won't stop Fox or JustRalph.

TJDave
02-03-2014, 04:13 PM
Oh, that why the new Stingray's are 15K over MSRP.

Can you get one in pink?

redshift1
02-03-2014, 04:47 PM
Can you get one in pink?

Pink slip

Tom
02-03-2014, 07:32 PM
Another Obama hit piece from Fox.

The truth...how dare they report it?!

JustRalph
02-03-2014, 07:50 PM
Another Obama hit piece from Fox. Managers and CEOs hired because of their skills as managers, not because of their knowledge of the industry. I am not saying it is best thing to do or not, but is they way it is done today. The theory is that a good manager can manage anything and that knowledge of the industry can be learned quickly. NYRA recently did the same thing. So did HP. There are thousand of examples at the CEO level and probably millions of at lower levels. I personally trained two of bosses in the ins and outs of parking when I was low level manager in the parking business.
It is not this job that will get Barra the big bucks, it is the next one when she is hired away from GM. People promoted from within always get stiffed. That is the way the system works these days.
On top of that, Obama didn't hire her and nobody has come with anything that says he even had a part in it. But a little thing like that won't stop Fox or JustRalph.

All that bullshit and didn't address one of the points.....

How about the fact that women working in Obama'w White House make 17% less? Start there

Rise Over Run
02-03-2014, 08:58 PM
I personally trained two of bosses in the ins and outs of parking when I was low level manager in the parking business.

You should write a book. I'm not sure what would sell more copies, "The Ins and Outs of Parking" or "Parking for Dummies".

newtothegame
02-04-2014, 12:11 AM
You should write a book. I'm not sure what would sell more copies, "The Ins and Outs of Parking" or "Parking for Dummies".

LOL........on the money!!!!
Post of the year (to date) in my book!

Robert Goren
02-04-2014, 12:24 AM
You should write a book. I'm not sure what would sell more copies, "The Ins and Outs of Parking" or "Parking for Dummies".I did. It is right next to Slope Handicapping A New Slant on Wagering in a bookstore near you. ;)

Rise Over Run
02-04-2014, 03:59 PM
http://covers.dummies.com/applet_scripts/56077.png

johnhannibalsmith
02-04-2014, 10:43 PM
To quote Husker:

" :lol: "

LottaKash
02-05-2014, 02:50 AM
http://covers.dummies.com/applet_scripts/56077.png

I still have tears of laughter coming out of my sockets.....:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Definitely my favorite for " Funniest Post of the Year".....:lol:

Rise Over Run
02-10-2014, 08:41 PM
So, not only am I able to "bump" what LottaKash describes as "Definitely my favorite for " Funniest Post of the Year"..... :lol: " and Johnhannibalsmith offers "To quote Husker: " :lol: ""; but GM came out today and totally debunked the POTUS' "story" from the State of the Union that the current CEO makes less money than the prior CEO because of her gender. In fact, she will make about 60% more than previous CEO Dan Akerson.

http://www.freep.com/article/20140210/BUSINESS0101/302100135/GM-General-Motors-Mary-Barra-compensation