PDA

View Full Version : Are "Money Honies" Told to Show as much Skin as Possible?

badcompany
02-03-2014, 10:12 AM
It's snowing outside, yet the women on CNBC are all wearing sleeveless tops. I've observed this over and over this winter.

Obviously, this is done for effect, but, do you think they do this on their own or are they encouraged by the higher ups?

RaceBookJoe
02-03-2014, 11:09 AM
No clue, but cnbc sure has a few good looking girls.

badcompany
02-04-2014, 10:34 AM
No clue, but cnbc sure has a few good looking girls.

Sarah Eisen was a good pick up for CNBC. She's' same cutie and talk the talk. That's basically all you need. Now, they just have to lose the ghastly Cramer. For some reason the brass still thinks he's a star.

DJofSD
02-04-2014, 11:24 AM
Psssst - the best looking on-air personality is on a different NBC channel.

RaceBookJoe
02-04-2014, 11:30 AM
Sarah Eisen was a good pick up for CNBC. She's' same cutie and talk the talk. That's basically all you need. Now, they just have to lose the ghastly Cramer. For some reason the brass still thinks he's a star.

Eisen, Tausche, Mody, Drury, Evans...all pretty easy on the eyes. I actually love Cramer. His books that I have read are really good, he does a decent job digging into companies...unfortunately that doesn't always make a stock a good buy at that moment. I like his ceo interviews best and am also enjoying how he is now actually starting to pay attention to technical analysis. I would love for him to write a book on how he actually would daytrade when he was running his hedge fund.

DJofSD
02-04-2014, 11:35 AM
You can get a little insight into how he does things: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/confessions-of-a-street-addict-james-j-cramer/1100300546?ean=9780743224888

Valuist
02-04-2014, 11:45 AM
I read one of his books and guess who he credited as a big influence on the understanding of value? Beyer. Cramer was a big fan of Picking Winners and apparently used to frequent Suffolk when he was going to Harvard.

RaceBookJoe
02-04-2014, 11:45 AM
You can get a little insight into how he does things: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/confessions-of-a-street-addict-james-j-cramer/1100300546?ean=9780743224888

I actually meant to buy that book years ago and never did, since then I forgot all about it. Think I will order it today, thank you for the reminder.

RaceBookJoe
02-04-2014, 11:47 AM
I read one of his books and guess who he credited as a big influence on the understanding of value? Beyer. Cramer was a big fan of Picking Winners and apparently used to frequent Suffolk when he was going to Harvard.

Yes, he mentions it in "Real Money". I actually liked "Mad Money" better though...but both good books mainly geared for the investor-type.

DJofSD
02-04-2014, 11:49 AM
JC does pay attention to technical indicators.

He has mentioned a resonator many times when there have been extremes in the market. But, to the best of my knowledge, he's never revealed any details. I believe it is a proprietary formula and we'll never learn the details. Oh well.

If you really want to hear from a guy whom does tell you about the technical analysis and does a good job of it, catch Carter Randell on FM.

DJofSD
02-04-2014, 11:51 AM
I saw a new face on CNBC last week. Last name of Eisen. Made me wonder if this was a daughter of Marty Eisen of W$W fame.