PDA

View Full Version : Aqueduct race 7 2-3

Maximillion
02-02-2014, 10:41 PM
With the SB being a complete dud,I got an early start on my handicapping for Monday.

Love State-bred allowance races and I like the lightly raced profile of the :4: Brothers Rap here (10-1 ML)

Watched most of his races and think there is plenty of room for upside here in his second route.

No real opinion on the others....thoughts?

Robert Fischer
02-03-2014, 12:02 AM
I'm not real crazy about the race.

3 and 6 look fairly conventional as solid contenders.

I'm not real crazy about 7, but at least he has speed. That could put the 7 right there if it's his day.

I'd be looking to beat the 1 at this price.

Your 4 is interesting. The stretch out in distance could put him into the race, and he seems to be in good form. There are no real world beaters in here.

The 2 is an interesting include. Big price for a horse who fits right with many of these others. Got a clown ride last time and like your 4 should get a much better trip here.

johnhannibalsmith
02-03-2014, 12:05 AM
Like your pick (who I kinda liked, so be leery of his chances), I thought the outside gelding :9: Jessies Giant Dunk might be worth playing if he's anything close to the 8-1 M/L.

I don't make a habit of playing horses off of maiden wins that face winners for the first time without an obvious aggressive placement or an overt amount of talent, but seems like they have him going pretty well since removing blinkers a few starts back. Freshened up a bit and a perfect one for one over the track in a race where I can find a reason to be skeptical of almost everyone and maybe he's just figuring it out and on the steady improve with each try.

Sort of have to mention that I also sort of thought maybe 15-1 on :2: Awesome Heart was a respectable line in the win pool, but looks like he's got a solid shot at a piece of the finish and if he holds near that price might be worth using in some capacity. The M/L favorite only outfinished him a few lengths last time and this field doesn't seem like the epitome of consistency and predictable, so can easily see just mild improvement from him and a bit of regression from the others putting him a little closer to competitive here. My main concern is that I'm just not sold on him as a route horse, but his maiden win sprinting gives me a bit of hope that in a spot like this going farther he may be able to lay closer than it appears is customary behind the real gas in the race and be in range of the lead off the second turn and maybe that's enough to get him some of it.

Stillriledup
02-03-2014, 05:45 AM
Interesting race.

Ive seen some horses "fall off the map" and race like they are inches away from being 6 ft under and somehow, like magic, they cycle back to top form.

Wise Guide was reaching out powerfully on March 16, 2013, striding away like a horse with a future, big stride, talented, and i dont know what happened, he ran 3 disasterous races from may to october, and then slowly cycled back to ok form and then won. He's a big strided, one move type, if closers and wide moves are good, he's a horse to consider.

Same thing with the 5 horse. He showed (to me anyway) some sneaky talent on Sept 29th so i took a shot with him on Oct 18th and he ran a great 2nd...then fell off the map and then cycled back to winning form, not sure what to make of him, seems a little "slow" on Beyers, but at 20-1 ML, he may be worth a chance if the blinkers move him up a little bit.

The 1 is strong and finally gets a good post, he's running high 60s beyers as the norm, seems like he can save some ground behind the duelers and looks like the most likely winner. I would say 1's and 6s are the "power" horses and maybe the 5 (or even the 2, who also gets post relief) can sneak into the tri at big prices.

Good, competitive race.

Stillriledup
02-03-2014, 05:58 AM
Snowstorm, good chance of no racing.

therussmeister
02-03-2014, 08:18 AM
Racing officially cancelled.

Stillriledup
02-09-2014, 02:46 PM
With the SB being a complete dud,I got an early start on my handicapping for Monday.

Love State-bred allowance races and I like the lightly raced profile of the :4: Brothers Rap here (10-1 ML)

Watched most of his races and think there is plenty of room for upside here in his second route.

Your horse is bet off the board....of course, in a different race, but they're approaching post time for this race, which is essentially the same field as the cancelled field from a week ago.

PhantomOnTour
02-09-2014, 02:53 PM

A week late but a nice call...4-1 winner

Stillriledup
02-09-2014, 02:54 PM
Interesting race.

Ive seen some horses "fall off the map" and race like they are inches away from being 6 ft under and somehow, like magic, they cycle back to top form.

Wise Guide was reaching out powerfully on March 16, 2013, striding away like a horse with a future, big stride, talented, and i dont know what happened, he ran 3 disasterous races from may to october, and then slowly cycled back to ok form and then won. He's a big strided, one move type, if closers and wide moves are good, he's a horse to consider.

Same thing with the 5 horse. He showed (to me anyway) some sneaky talent on Sept 29th so i took a shot with him on Oct 18th and he ran a great 2nd...then fell off the map and then cycled back to winning form, not sure what to make of him, seems a little "slow" on Beyers, but at 20-1 ML, he may be worth a chance if the blinkers move him up a little bit.

The 1 is strong and finally gets a good post, he's running high 60s beyers as the norm, seems like he can save some ground behind the duelers and looks like the most likely winner. I would say 1's and 6s are the "power" horses and maybe the 5 (or even the 2, who also gets post relief) can sneak into the tri at big prices.

Good, competitive race.

The 5 that i mentioned, Onecats chance (see above) DID sneak into the tri at a big price. (underneath the OPs selection)