PDA

View Full Version : BIGGEST EMPLOYMENT GAINS IN 4 YEARS

PaceAdvantage
04-04-2004, 09:04 PM
March Job Growth Stuns Markets

The Labor Department said non-farm payrolls climbed a steep 308,000 in March, the biggest gain since April 2000 and well above the 103,000 rise expected on Wall Street.

Funny how none of the pro-Kerry anti-Bush folks posted this little tidbit. Like I said before, they only post and enjoy the negative news....the stuff that shows America in a bad light. They NEVER enjoy or revel in the GOOD stuff. The stuff that MIGHT put a positive spin on the current administration.

I gave you guys TWO DAYS to post this news, but NOBODY made note of it. It was the BIGGEST news of the day on Friday, but not one ACTIVE person in Off-Topic (especially all the "anybody but Bush" folks) chose to feel the need to share this GOOD NEWS with everyone here on the board.

kenwoodallpromos
04-04-2004, 11:36 PM
I remember when Clinton I first took office- he put lots of young people on the Fed Dole (Excuse the pun!) with Americore and counted it as jobs created. These now Must be llegit!

JustRalph
04-05-2004, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
March Job Growth Stuns Markets
I gave you guys TWO DAYS to post this news, but NOBODY made note of it. It was the BIGGEST news of the day on Friday, but not one ACTIVE person in Off-Topic (especially all the "anybody but Bush" folks) chose to feel the need to share this GOOD NEWS with everyone here on the board.

Great Point PA. You notice the pro Bush types didn't post it either. We take for granted good news and we enjoy it. We don't use it as a reason to start a flame throwing thread.

I am pro Bush for one reason only. He is the better of the two choices. Less of two evils is probably more accurate. I don't agree with everything on the right, but I damn sure believe two things..........

1. Kerry will allow the U.N. and the rest of the world to make decisions for our country. They will go back to appeasement

2. I will have less money in my pocket if John Kerry is elected.

And I am not Rich!

headhawg
04-05-2004, 12:15 PM
For what it's worth: I still don't believe that this administration actively did much to help the job market/economy. I'm treating this much like small sample statistics -- regression to the mean.

And I agree with JR's assessment of the two party system: It sure seems like it's always the lesser of two evils.

HH

linrom1
04-05-2004, 06:42 PM
I guess none believe that the numbers are bogus. Funny how the unemployment rate inched up to 5.7% from 5.6%.

JustRalph
04-05-2004, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by linrom1
I guess none believe that the numbers are bogus. Funny how the unemployment rate inched up to 5.7% from 5.6%.

Clinton had the same rate during his 2nd term.....and I didn't hear the Dems howling then?

kenwoodallpromos
04-06-2004, 02:56 AM
I'm glad jobs are catching up to productivity! Maybe Bush should brag about all the employees who want to work their behinds off harder during this admin!

PaceAdvantage
04-06-2004, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by linrom1

Actually, there is nothing funny about it:

The unemployment rate, which is determined by a survey separate from the jobs tally, ticked up to 5.7 percent from the two-year low of 5.6 percent in January and February. But economists largely dismissed the rise as insignificant.

"All in all, this is a very strong report," said Kurt Karl, head of research at Swiss Re in New York. "It bodes well for the economy going forward."

Taken from a Reuters article on Yahoo....

Tom
04-06-2004, 06:32 PM
I am reserving comment on this "news" until I see some details.
Anyone have a link they could share (*groan*)
How many of those jobs are cyclical construction and other outdoor work? How many of those jobs involve ketchup and pickels? How many are long-term manufacturing jobs?
I hope it is really good news, but in an election year, I never belive anything either side has to say.

JustRalph
04-06-2004, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Tom
How many are long-term manufacturing jobs?

They are gone for the near future Tom. There is anedoctal evidence that some are coming back, due to problems with overseas workers, but for now........they are gone.