PDA

View Full Version : No disqualification at Philly

Pensacola Pete
02-02-2014, 04:23 PM
Take a look at the start of the 9th race at Philly today, preferably the head-on. It appears that #8 came over into #7 at the start, forcing the horse to check sharply and causing a chain reaction of problems.

It looked obvious to me. Not only did #8 cut off #7, the horse then cut off #6 a few strides later.

I had most of this typed while the objection was in progress, because I know that it wouldn't come down, the reason being that Michael Pino trains the winner. Pino's horses only get disqualified if the jockey pulls a gun and starts shooting at the others.

johnhannibalsmith
02-02-2014, 05:04 PM
...if the jockey pulls a gun and starts shooting at the others...

...and it potentially cost someone a better placing.

Stillriledup
02-02-2014, 05:12 PM
Its a tough call, i watched the race and the head on and while there was a bit of interference, that is not something i would have taken down. But, thats just me, i like to pay the winners and i think that was borderline.

Shemp Howard
02-02-2014, 05:12 PM
Take a look at the start of the 9th race at Philly today, preferably the head-on. It appears that #8 came over into #7 at the start, forcing the horse to check sharply and causing a chain reaction of problems.

It looked obvious to me. Not only did #8 cut off #7, the horse then cut off #6 a few strides later.

I had most of this typed while the objection was in progress, because I know that it wouldn't come down, the reason being that Michael Pino trains the winner. Pino's horses only get disqualified if the jockey pulls a gun and starts shooting at the others.

"Come on, Pete. It's Pennsylvania."

Racey
02-03-2014, 12:22 AM
I never play parx and live 10 minutes away....Always play Gulfstream,Fairgrounds & Tampa, Belmont &, Churchill....Parx never appealed to me.

taxicab
02-03-2014, 12:57 AM

Great line..... :D

overthehill
07-14-2014, 11:33 AM
take a look at the sixth at parx yesterday sunday. the 1 horse was steadied according to what i saw and what the chart says, when the 7 came out in deep stretch under left handed whipping. there was a steward's inquiry and a claim of foul but they let the result stand. I dont understand why. it seemed clear to me that the the 1 was bothered and that it might have cost him the win and place for sure. this is the second time in a month i have seen a horse bothered as it was trying to close, by the front running horse drifting out under left handed whipping and the result left standing. The way i look at it. either dont dq at all or be consistent at least in the stretch. I think in these situations the stewards discussion should be recorded and posted for all to see. this was the first leg of a pick three and the first half of a daily double.

Stillriledup
07-14-2014, 03:43 PM
take a look at the sixth at parx yesterday sunday. the 1 horse was steadied according to what i saw and what the chart says, when the 7 came out in deep stretch under left handed whipping. there was a steward's inquiry and a claim of foul but they let the result stand. I dont understand why. it seemed clear to me that the the 1 was bothered and that it might have cost him the win and place for sure. this is the second time in a month i have seen a horse bothered as it was trying to close, by the front running horse drifting out under left handed whipping and the result left standing. The way i look at it. either dont dq at all or be consistent at least in the stretch. I think in these situations the stewards discussion should be recorded and posted for all to see. this was the first leg of a pick three and the first half of a daily double.

The 1 lugged in like 7 lanes and then the winner came out a bit and the 1 took up but the 1 wasnt running straight, he caused his own problems. Good no DQ, would have been horrendous if they rewarded a horse who didnt maintain a straight path himself.

Robert Fischer
07-15-2014, 01:04 PM
unfortunate randomness in race 2 today at Parx.

The 2 was the dominant horse and got fouled at the top of the stretch by the leader, and then eventually squeezed again in deep stretch.

I don't think it's possible to place the 2 first, although he was best.

Robert Fischer
07-15-2014, 01:05 PM
Appears that the 5 will be taken down, and that the 4 will have to be placed above the 2.

Robert Fischer
07-15-2014, 01:11 PM
They ended up trying to get the best horse in the winning position.

2 was placed first , and he was the best horse
5 was moved down to 2nd (probably should have been placed 3rd in this way of thinking)
4 was placed 3rd (he was 2nd best, but a 2nd dq needed to be utilized to justify placing 2 on top)

really worked out well in my favor, but I'm not sure about the literal interpretation of the rules vs. trying to get it right w/ the best horse on top. From my perspective at least. I could be biased in the heat of the moment.

Tor Ekman
07-15-2014, 01:29 PM
The :5: should have been dropped to 3rd, since he was the instigator of the whole mess. The :4: doesn't get involved if the :5: doesn't keep drifting out on the :2:

Robert Fischer
07-15-2014, 01:44 PM
The :5: should have been dropped to 3rd, since he was the instigator of the whole mess. The :4: doesn't get involved if the :5: doesn't keep drifting out on the :2:

I agree with you.

Pensacola Pete
07-15-2014, 03:02 PM
I haven't played Parx since my post at the start of the thread and didn't know about this race until I read about it here.

SURPRISE! #2, the horse placed first was trained by......

(...............drum-roll................)

Michael Pino!

See the first post in this thread.

The stewards have a very accurate hemorrhoid count of Pino's anus. They'll disqualify a horse for snorting too loudly if it moves Pino's horse up.

The ruling was marginal. #5 did cause interference to #2 entering the stretch, although Delgadillo should get the "Pat Valenzuela Acting Award" for his reaction. I've seen a lot worse than what #4 did go without a disqualification, and #4 was going to pass both of them.

castaway01
07-15-2014, 03:44 PM

That would have been my call as well. 4-2-5