PDA

View Full Version : Bush's Administration worse than Nixon's

linrom1
04-04-2004, 08:21 PM
Bush's administration is worse than Nixon's, says Watergate aide
By Julian Coman in Washington
UK Telegraph
(Filed: 04/04/2004)

John Dean, Richard Nixon's legal counsel who was jailed for his part in the Watergate scandal, has accused the Bush administration of trumping even the Nixon regime in secrecy, deception and political cynicism.

In the latest book to attack the conduct of the current United States administration, Mr Dean says that it has created potentially the most corrupt, unethical and undemocratic White House in history.
--------------------

The country needs more people lwho speak honestly againt the crminal in the White House.

His Worse than Watergate, the Secret Presidency of George W. Bush is published this week by Little Brown.

"Bush and [Vice-President Richard] Cheney are a throwback to the Nixon time," Mr Dean, 65, told The Telegraph last night. "All government business is filtered through a political process at this White House, which is the most secretive ever to run the United States.

"This is not in the public's interest. It's in the White House's interest, and the interest of Bush's re-election. The White House is being run like a private business, with the difference that it is not accountable to the shareholders - in this case the voters."

His attack follows a torrid month in which the Bush administration has faced accusations from Richard Clarke, its former chief intelligence officer, that it failed to take the threat of terrorism seriously enough before September 11.

Mr Bush's national security adviser, Condoleezza Rice, initially refused to testify before a public inquiry into the events of September 11. Under intense pressure, the White House has agreed to let her testify this week.

"As with Nixon," noted Mr Dean, "the concept of executive privilege is being abused. This is about pure politics: do it as long as you can get away with it, and when you can't get away with it any more, yield."

JustRalph
04-04-2004, 08:26 PM
another has been preaching to the choir..........

Like we give a damn what he thinks.......

ljb
04-04-2004, 08:32 PM
The chickens are coming home to roost. And it is starting to hurt.
I feel your pain.

PaceAdvantage
04-04-2004, 08:52 PM
That's why Kerry's numbers are dropping in the polls???? You guys like to cite polls, don't you?

Tom
04-04-2004, 09:25 PM
And John Dean's credibility is somehow believable today because....?

Polls are usually worded wrong so that the results are meaningless. For example, a poll I saw today asked this question,"Do you think that Bush was focused more on Iraq than on the war on terrorism?"
That is a moot question. It excludes the fact that Iraq might be apart of the war ofn terror.
The only poll that counts is the one in November. And now the libs are doing everything in their power to fight that one, too.
My dear libs, no matter how you cut it every single independent re-count of the Florida votes mad eGW Bush as the winner of the popular vote.
Ljb, the pain you feel is not mine, it is your future closing in on you.

linrom1
04-04-2004, 10:30 PM
So Bush is not deceptive and we can all trust those US Dept Labor stats such as the number of jobs that were created last month, or maybe the PPI figures that were held up for weeks so a new more palatable set could be released. Yes, I do believe those inflation figures, as we have no inflation, and we’ll also create 3 million new jobs if we can only count them in China. And of course, the stock market and the housing markets are not inflated to prop Bush’s election effort.

Show Me the Wire
04-04-2004, 10:46 PM
When they prove this current administration is worst than Jimmy Carter's tenure, that is when I will worry.

Regards,
Show Me the Wire

perception is reality

ljb
04-04-2004, 11:35 PM
smtw
You may have to start worrying soon.

ljb
04-04-2004, 11:37 PM
Tom said
"Ljb, the pain you feel is not mine, it is your future closing in on you."
Oh and I also forgive you Tom.

ljb
04-04-2004, 11:41 PM
PA said "That's why Kerry's numbers are dropping in the polls????
"
Kerry's numbers are dropping in the polls because, Bush has been an effective fund raiser and they have mucho bucks to advertise.
I will admit Bush is probably the best fund raiser we have ever had in the whitehouse. But, in everything else he is on the bottom.

kenwoodallpromos
04-04-2004, 11:47 PM
John Dean says the guy he committed crimes for and was jailed for was better than Baby Bush II? Did he tell that to his parole board?LOL!!

JustRalph
04-04-2004, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by linrom1
And of course, the stock market and the housing markets are not inflated to prop Bush’s election effort.

Ok.......you wanna explain how the Bushies are rigging these numbers? Especially the stock market? You are way out there buddy........

Lefty
04-05-2004, 12:52 PM
lin, and of course you blve Kerry when he says he will create 10,000,000 new jobs?
In Vegas I see houses being built all over the place? Bush must be David Copperfield...

Secretariat
04-05-2004, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Lefty
... Bush must be David Copperfield...

Unfortunately Lefty we could only hope that Bush was really a fictional character.

Lefty
04-05-2004, 05:01 PM
sec, you missed the humor entirely. A guy says Bush is somehow rigging housing starts. I say I see lot of building. So Bush must be David Copperfield. David Copperfield is a famous magician as well as a fictional Dickens character. If you still don't get it, i'll be happy to do my famous joke diagram for you.

B. Comin'
04-08-2004, 01:41 AM
So Bush is not deceptive and we can all trust those US Dept Labor stats such as the number of jobs that were created last month, or maybe the PPI figures that were held up for weeks so a new more palatable set could be released. Yes, I do believe those inflation figures, as we have no inflation, and we’ll also create 3 million new jobs if we can only count them in China. And of course, the stock market and the housing markets are not inflated to prop Bush’s election effort.

Were you in that mediocre movie 'Conspiracy Theory'? :p

Bob Allen
04-08-2004, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Show Me the Wire
When they prove this current administration is worst than Jimmy Carter's tenure, that is when I will worry.

Regards,
Show Me the Wire

perception is reality

More bad news.

It's worse than the Hoover administration.

Hoover was just dumb. Bush is both dumb and mean.

Now that oughta perk some comebacks to the top,

Bob

p.s. I hope I make you mad enough to get away from the computer and work for your candidate and then GO VOTE!

Larry Hamilton
04-08-2004, 11:17 AM
To make such claims without any evidence at all, what you have done is injure your reputation--too bad, I was beginning to enjoy your posts.

click

Lefty
04-08-2004, 11:54 AM
Bob, yeah that GW sure is mean to those terrorists, isn't he?
Hey, I can work for Bush without leaving the computer.

Show Me the Wire
04-08-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Bob Allen
More bad news.

It's worse than the Hoover administration.

Hoover was just dumb. Bush is both dumb and mean.

Now that oughta perk some comebacks to the top,

Bob

p.s. I hope I make you mad enough to get away from the computer and work for your candidate and then GO VOTE!

You need not worry I have donated TIME and money in the past for my candidate of choice in the past and will do so in the future.

Have you ever challenged voter signatures? Just wondering how active you are.

Regards,
Show Me the Wire

percpetion is reality

Bob Allen
04-08-2004, 05:52 PM
Show me,

They, both parties, like to send me requests for donations. I do support some in each party although the majority of the bucks go to the higher offices.

As for working, I worked my ass off for my preferred candidate - Wesley Clark. I committed a lot of time and money to his campaign. He's a good guy but he can't give a speech worth a plug nickel. And in the debates it was sort of like watching a deer caught in the headlights.

Right now I am not on either side of the fence but, as you can tell, I do like to yank a few chains ever now and again. It would be a lot easier if I had some real idea of Kerry's positions - does anybody know? If they do, they aren't talking.

Ralph Nader is a straight out blow off.

Bush is a transplanted good ol' Texas boy, although I am a native. He's a carpetbagger. :)

Hell, I don't know. I suppose things will shake outta the tree and maybe shape up some positions between now and then so those of us who stay informed will be able to cast an informed vote - one way or the other.

The problem is really not us. The problem is all those people who will base their vote on the candidate's Q rating. They don't read the paper or use the 'net. They like it sweet and quick in those 7 second sound bites. Now that's scary.

I'd nominate PA but we'd have to have a convention to do that and I ain't paying all them call 'em up girls and that liquor bill.

Bob

Lefty
04-08-2004, 07:11 PM
Bob, Kerry's liberal voting record seems clear. You don't really expect him to change his spots do you?
I might vote for Kerry before I vote against him.

linrom1
04-08-2004, 09:07 PM
"Were you in that mediocre movie 'Conspiracy Theory'?"

Although, these statements might seem outrageous on a horseracing forum, they're considered as facts on many stock market forums especially amongst knowledgeable traders. In fact, the stock market is so completely corrupt, it makes racing look quite respectable.

JustRalph
04-08-2004, 09:13 PM
"Were you in that mediocre movie 'Conspiracy Theory'?"

Although, these statements might seem outrageous on a horseracing forum, they're considered as facts on many stock market forums especially amongst knowledgeable traders. In fact, the stock market is so completely corrupt, it makes racing look quite respectable.

Oh yeah....you don't watch Evangeline very much do you?

linrom1
04-08-2004, 10:12 PM
Oh yeah....you don't watch Evangeline very much do you?

You don't have to watch EvD, but, you don't have a choice not to be invested in the market even if its entirely indirect like through a qualified pension fund.

Jaguar
04-08-2004, 10:50 PM
JustRalph, I believe that you are referring to Clenbuterol Downs.

Kentucky racing rules are the best: any substance which can be administered by injection is allowed- legal corruption- the best drug wins.

If a post mortem is ever written on American horse racing, Kentucky will rate a chapter of its own.

All The best,

Jaguar

schweitz
04-08-2004, 11:26 PM
Watch it--you guys are talking about one of my favorite tracks. It helps if you think like a crook when handicapping Evangeline. lol

Tom
04-09-2004, 12:45 AM
I heard they were having a promotion there this week...Mask Night! :D