PDA

View Full Version : Penn National - don't bet there !!!!

edmond1
02-01-2014, 08:36 PM
Just seen a horse disqualified for nothing 2014/02/01 Race 6. You have to be insane to bet on that track......

highrider
02-01-2014, 09:43 PM
Did cut the 3 off a bit short. The 3 was done at the time so it did not cost the horse a position. Most tracks would of left it up. Go Figure.

Some_One
02-01-2014, 10:35 PM
Tough call, did interference take place...it's close, it did look like the winner had cleared, almost, it's so close. Then did the interference make a difference, the connections probably argued if he had kept his position on the rail, he could have been part of the duel down the lane but lost that chance by checking.

proximity
02-02-2014, 01:19 AM
idk about the "nothing" part as budacomo did come over a couple paths, but born a hero was going to finish right where he did anyhow (4th) so imo the stewards should have let your horse up but I've seen worse. sorry for the final result, but good handicapping Edmond!!

Market Mover
02-02-2014, 02:15 AM
Was victim of a double DQ there when firster charged out of gate, caused some crowding...and somehow they managed a double DQ!

PaceAdvantage
02-02-2014, 03:38 AM
Just seen a horse disqualified for nothing 2014/02/01 Race 6. You have to be insane to bet on that track......If I stopped betting on tracks that have had questionable DQs, I would have ZERO tracks left to bet on...

Clocker
02-02-2014, 09:43 AM
If I stopped betting on tracks that have had questionable DQs, I would have ZERO tracks left to bet on...

You could bet on football then. They never have any bad calls by the officials.

badcompany
02-02-2014, 11:52 AM
You could bet on football then. They never have any bad calls by the officials.

Bit of a difference. In football, they don't change the results after the game is over.

My take is that, if it's close, there should be no DQ. Otherwise, the races become meaningless, as you never know if the results are for real.

comet52
02-02-2014, 11:59 AM
Don't bet anywhere. Take up knitting. It's safe and no one will d.q. that sweater you made.

raybo
02-02-2014, 11:59 AM
1. A horse clearly causes contact with another horse.
2. A horse clearly causes temporary loss of momentum of another horse.

These are the only things that should be answered regarding a DQ.

The "perceived" affect it "might" have had on the horse who was the victim the interference, should not be considered in the decision. Why? Because it is "perceived", not fact. If a horse interferes with another then the horse must receive a penalty, of some kind. Otherwise, what's the purpose of having an interference rule? If you don't penalize "all" instances of interference then you leave room for abuse.

Just my 2 cents worth.

lamboguy
02-02-2014, 12:16 PM
i got taken down at the mountain on NICOLES DREAM for big money in the show pool, i gave the place up for about 3 days. within 2 weeks i got even for my sins, its the only track that i am way ahead of the last 5 years.

Penn National is a great signal

limit2
02-04-2014, 09:07 AM
In reality my system pulled out 7 races in 5 days at Penn National. And one of them was $118.20 for a $2 on 1/25/14. A nice return, even if 6 other races were nil.