PDA

View Full Version : today's Big A + Santa Anita throwouts

lamboguy
02-01-2014, 08:43 AM
Big A

race 9---#5 SAMARAT comes out of a very weak New York Bred stake race, and that day i had the track highly favoring inside speed. this one must have science fiction speed numbers and i can be wrong. but even if i am, this one's going to be a short price.

Santa Anita

race 3---#2 APPEALING TALE is on the inside again, but this time it appear's to be sandwiched in between 2 very fast horses and better ones than he faced last time.

race 5 ---#5 WOEBEGON is another one that is in between 2 fast horses

race 7 ---#4 ARTEMIS broke her maiden last time out in a 2 turn race, although she did run good in shorter races i always prefer horses that break their maidens in sprint races.

good luck today on all your races

GaryG
02-01-2014, 09:02 AM
I agree about Artemis. I thought she might be a real good one after her debut, beaten 2 lengths by Streaming after an impossible trip. That race was a lot stronger than the modest BSF. Her last two were decent, but now she seems overrated.

pondman
02-01-2014, 11:43 AM
race 7 ---#4 ARTEMIS broke her maiden last time out in a 2 turn race, although she did run good in shorter races i always prefer horses that break their maidens in sprint races.

100% agreement.

Trip handicappers might make some money on #3 Arethusa. It had trouble getting into the last race. NY players should like this one.

dasch
02-01-2014, 12:51 PM
Santa Anita

race 3---#2 APPEALING TALE is on the inside again, but this time it appear's to be sandwiched in between 2 very fast horses and better ones than he faced last time.

Race 3 #2 Appealing Tale ...... I dont think he is good enough to outfinish a couple of these no matter the trip he gets.......LOSE

Race 5 #5 Woebegone........I think she can sit a nice on the pace/just off the pace(head/neck/half length) trip. Vicki Victorias best races are sitting 3rd-4th early so I expect them to not send her today and the pace could end up fairly soft.....USE

Race 7 #7 Artemis........she has already run fast enough and Hollendorfer horses always take a step forward when they move up in class.........USE

Exotic1
02-01-2014, 02:15 PM
Big A

race 9---#5 SAMARAT comes out of a very weak New York Bred stake race, and that day i had the track highly favoring inside speed. this one must have science fiction speed numbers and i can be wrong. but even if i am, this one's going to be a short price.

Santa Anita

Samarat: Agreed. Uncle Sigh is the horse to beat and I'll try and get Classic Giancroll into the exotic. Classic had an impossible trip with Solis having to move early, but he really had no choice. He wanted to beat the favorite (Noble Moon) real bad - connections took him off Noble Moon. Track today looks like you need to be inside up front, so Classic will need to ride the rail behind the two speeds.

Appealing Tale - Too tough of a race for me. But agreed, it's a different setup today.

Woebegon: Don't like her today. Vicki looks like the speed and suspect they will send her. Appealing Resume will try and close with Bejarano 1st time Puype

Artemis: Wow, that's a tough race. A few sprinters stretching, Streaming stalking. Completely agree with dasch that Hollendorfer is extremely dangerous on the move up. Just don't know if she has a rating gear in her and is able to accelerate to pass horses. I'm looking at trying to get Sushi in the exotic. She really is the only closer - on turf. But I have no strong opinion.

lambo - Good group of races you chose.

lamboguy
02-01-2014, 03:42 PM
Samarat: Agreed. Uncle Sigh is the horse to beat and I'll try and get Classic Giancroll into the exotic. Classic had an impossible trip with Solis having to move early, but he really had no choice. He wanted to beat the favorite (Noble Moon) real bad - connections took him off Noble Moon. Track today looks like you need to be inside up front, so Classic will need to ride the rail behind the two speeds.

Appealing Tale - Too tough of a race for me. But agreed, it's a different setup today.

Woebegon: Don't like her today. Vicki looks like the speed and suspect they will send her. Appealing Resume will try and close with Bejarano 1st time Puype

Artemis: Wow, that's a tough race. A few sprinters stretching, Streaming stalking. Completely agree with dasch that Hollendorfer is extremely dangerous on the move up. Just don't know if she has a rating gear in her and is able to accelerate to pass horses. I'm looking at trying to get Sushi in the exotic. She really is the only closer - on turf. But I have no strong opinion.

lambo - Good group of races you chose.in the 7th race i am going to go with #8STREAMING. bad post but maybe a good spot for that horse to run down the speed in the race. needs a good ride to win though

taxicab
02-01-2014, 05:33 PM
In race 5 I'll try the :1:
Not a big fan of the barn, but the last race she got destroyed out of the gate.
Maybe clears off early.

taxicab
02-01-2014, 05:59 PM
P-4 time.
:8:
:2: :4: :7:
ALL
:7: :8: :9: :14:

taxicab
02-01-2014, 06:24 PM
P-3
:2: :4:
:7: :9:

lamboguy
02-01-2014, 06:43 PM
Big A

Santa Anita

good luck today on all your racesSAMARAT ran good race and got better from the last race.

APPEALING TALE was real in the win today and will go forward

the other 2 i was right about.

i am trying to beat horses that are going to have money on them, and that's the way i saw it this morning. not a great result though.

Exotic1
02-01-2014, 06:47 PM
P-3

Taxi,

You're negative on Suggestive Boy in the 8th? Just asking, I have no real opinion.

Exotic1
02-01-2014, 07:12 PM
P-3

Not bad in the 8th.

taxicab
02-01-2014, 07:59 PM
Taxi,

You're negative on Suggestive Boy in the 8th? Just asking, I have no real opinion.

Sorry E-1, I had to go out for awhile.
I didn't care for SB much.
He caught some real sweet trips in his victories.
And when he was winning, the horses he beat weren't much.

taxicab
02-01-2014, 08:04 PM
Yikes....
Poor Gino @ TVG has melted down badly after the nightcap.
He started going on about 6 months of bad beats and such.
I hope he bounces back.
He seems like a nice guy.

Exotic1
02-02-2014, 08:25 AM
P-3

Nice betting, along with a very good opinion.

Exotic1
02-02-2014, 08:32 AM
Just saw this at Timeform. They nailed the analysis and the ticket structure. Some sharp guys in that crew.

http://timeformusblog.com/2014/01/31/the-grade-i-las-virgenes-stakes/

lamboguy
02-02-2014, 09:06 AM
Just saw this at Timeform. They nailed the analysis and the ticket structure. Some sharp guys in that crew.

http://timeformusblog.com/2014/01/31/the-grade-i-las-virgenes-stakes/they are real good

lamboguy
02-02-2014, 09:29 AM
nothing to throw out today in New York, going to add Guolfstream instead

Gulfstream

race 3---#1 CLOSERWALL drops into a much softer spot today and draws the rail. he looks like a need to lead horse that got in trouble in the beginning of his last race. as good as this one looks i am leaving him out because he drew the rail and will be a short price

Santa Anita

race 2---#6 LAKE MARACABO dropped to the bottom last time and finally broke her maiden last time out. She comes into this awful looking spot today that has no speed to chase at, and will be a very short price and probably will be even more over bet against these. she just might fall short of winning this race.

race 4---#1 WILD DUDE draws the rail today and faces a decent looking group, i just don't think that he will get first run in this race.

Exotic1
02-02-2014, 11:01 AM
nothing to throw out today in New York, going to add Guolfstream instead

Gulfstream

race 3---#1 CLOSERWALL drops into a much softer spot today and draws the rail. he looks like a need to lead horse that got in trouble in the beginning of his last race. as good as this one looks i am leaving him out because he drew the rail and will be a short price

Santa Anita

race 2---#6 LAKE MARACABO dropped to the bottom last time and finally broke her maiden last time out. She comes into this awful looking spot today that has no speed to chase at, and will be a very short price and probably will be even more over bet against these. she just might fall short of winning this race.

race 4---#1 WILD DUDE draws the rail today and faces a decent looking group, i just don't think that he will get first run in this race.

I have nothing smart to add. Not that has stopped me before, but I think you have rated the risk/reward properly.

lamboguy
02-02-2014, 05:18 PM
i blew a good one in the 4th at Santa Anita. no excuses, but never in a million years did i think that horse would go off at 8-1. on my figures i made the horse 5/2 before the race and the second choice. shows you how little i know.

the other 2 didn't do much.

Exotic1
02-02-2014, 10:31 PM
Wild Dude was loaded, what can you do. He was Hollendorfer's "Other" in the race. These small fields make for quirky setups. I figured Maldonado to leave but he doesn't know what planet he's on. So Steven's left and Garcia (Secret Circle) who thought he was going to press became the pressee by yet another Hollendforfer horse. Jerry made sure Bob wasn't going to win the easy way. Still a good ride by Bejarano to get out from the 1 hole.

Good call on throwing out the GP horse from the #1 hole he did look like the main speed. Especially good call on LAKE MARACABO. He had everything thing his own way and folded.

I'd say you were 3 for 3 on opinion. Bejarano and Steven's lay over the rest of that crew.

Good luck.

Exotic1
02-02-2014, 10:43 PM
Here's the write up about the race:

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/83176/wild-dude-posts-palos-verdes-upset?source=rss

Hollendorfer said:

...."I thought Jeff Bonde's horse (Majestic Stride) would go for it, but maybe he came away a step slow and couldn't get the lead."

Guess what - everyone thought Edwin would go, except Edwin.

lamboguy
02-03-2014, 02:48 AM

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/83176/wild-dude-posts-palos-verdes-upset?source=rss

Hollendorfer said:

...."I thought Jeff Bonde's horse (Majestic Stride) would go for it, but maybe he came away a step slow and couldn't get the lead."

Guess what - everyone thought Edwin would go, except Edwin.this game has a way of putting us wherr we belong!

Stillriledup
02-03-2014, 05:36 AM

Hollendorfer said:

Guess what - everyone thought Edwin would go, except Edwin.

He was "loose" on paper, you're right, he didnt handicap the race, or, something like that.