PDA

View Full Version : How Much $ Do You Need??

RaceBookJoe
01-31-2014, 04:41 PM
I put this in this forum because for many, their job wont be sufficient and many will need some type of investment help to get them through. Its hard to come up with an exact #/answer, but my answer would be " more than I think" .

http://www.mycalculators.com/ca/retcalc1m.html

ThinkingAlways
01-31-2014, 05:47 PM
The really scary part about this is how much small difference in certain assumptions can make on your overall well being. A shift in inflation rates from 3.5 to 4% alters the numbers significantly. And our (or at least my) ability to estimate what inflation will be for the next 50 years is pretty weak.

RaceBookJoe
01-31-2014, 06:53 PM
The really scary part about this is how much small difference in certain assumptions can make on your overall well being. A shift in inflation rates from 3.5 to 4% alters the numbers significantly. And our (or at least my) ability to estimate what inflation will be for the next 50 years is pretty weak.

Yeah, you can only come up with a sketchy-at-best estimate. I actually put in inflation @ 5% just to get ideas. Its still a pretty cool calculator though.

woodtoo
01-31-2014, 06:55 PM
silver and gold is good.

thaskalos
01-31-2014, 07:04 PM
The questions are too tough. Who knows how many years we may spend in retirement?

I've lived my life based on the philosophy that I might die young...but it now seems to me that I may have miscalculated.

badcompany
01-31-2014, 10:38 PM
Your yearly living expenses should be no greater than around 5% of your bankroll.

magwell
01-31-2014, 10:46 PM
The questions are too tough. Who knows how many years we may spend in retirement?

I've lived my life based on the philosophy that I might die young...but it now seems to me that I may have miscalculated.Indeed, If I knew I would live this long, I would have taken better care of myself........;)

plainolebill
02-01-2014, 09:23 PM

I've lived my life based on the philosophy that I might die young...but it now seems to me that I may have miscalculated.

I did my worst but I'm 71 - maybe I can learn to like Alpo.