PDA

View Full Version : Nancy Pelosi does her Sgt. Schultz act

Clocker
01-31-2014, 11:05 AM
Pelosi tells Jon Stewart that the government is dysfunctional, but that she doesn't know why, and that someone should fix it.

Oh, and it's all the Republicans fault.

Story and video here. (http://hotair.com/archives/2014/01/31/pelosi-obamacare-incompetence-not-my-responsibility/)

Robert Goren
01-31-2014, 11:21 AM
Say what you want about Pelosi and her politics, She was a far more effective speaker than Boehner. Whether you liked what she passed or not, she got things put in law. Boehner so far hasn't been able to that with any part of the GOP agenda.

johnhannibalsmith
01-31-2014, 11:32 AM
Pelosi tells Jon Stewart that the government is dysfunctional, but that she doesn't know why, and that someone should fix it.

Oh, and it's all the Republicans fault.

Story and video here. (http://hotair.com/archives/2014/01/31/pelosi-obamacare-incompetence-not-my-responsibility/)

I know people don't like Stewart because he's a liberal, but this interview is about as good as it gets in politics these days. Make him the moderator of Meet The Press if all you need is a new guy in that job.

Everyone except liberals have been laughing at Pelosi, not with her, for years and years... and Stewart manages to make his audience see that she IS IN FACT the punchline with pointed, relevant questions and a stream of miffed reactions to her inane replies.

Great video.

DRIVEWAY
01-31-2014, 11:38 AM
Say what you want about Pelosi and her politics, She was a far more effective speaker than Boehner. Whether you liked what she passed or not, she got things put in law. Boehner so far hasn't been able to that with any part of the GOP agenda.

There was a filibuster proof democratic majority in the senate during her tenure.

JustRalph
01-31-2014, 11:39 AM

You mean this lady? who's going to save us from Big Oil?
http://youtu.be/WjigcS8gN04

WjigcS8gN04

You realize Gridlock is good........right?

One of those things she passed is the tragic ACA that is going to cost Dems out the ass. Just in time for her to retire...........

Robert Goren
01-31-2014, 11:44 AM
There was a filibuster proof democratic majority in the senate during her tenure.only for a few months was that true (about 5 as I recall) and for 2 years she even had a republican in the white house.

Robert Goren
01-31-2014, 11:47 AM
You mean this lady? who's going to save us from Big Oil?
http://youtu.be/WjigcS8gN04
You realize Gridlock is good........right?

One of those things she passed is the tragic ACA that is going to cost Dems out the ass. Just in time for her to retire........... As you should know, I am one the biggest supporters of the ACA there is.

xtb
01-31-2014, 11:57 AM
We know.

Clocker
01-31-2014, 01:23 PM

She had a strong majority, most of whom marched in lock-step to the beat of the party drum. She had some trouble getting a relatively few blue dog Democrats to vote for ObamaCare, and she dragged them into line with bribes and lies. That may count as leadership in the Democratic machine, but honest folks call it autocratic.

Boehner is not as effective as he could be because he doesn't try to dictate to his members, he tries to compromise. You can't count on a politician that never took an ear mark for his district.

Saratoga_Mike
01-31-2014, 01:40 PM

I disagree with her 95% of the time, but she was very effective at keeping the troops in line. Totally agree with you on this one.

Clocker
01-31-2014, 01:43 PM
Everyone except liberals have been laughing at Pelosi, not with her, for years and years... and Stewart manages to make his audience see that she IS IN FACT the punchline with pointed, relevant questions and a stream of miffed reactions to her inane replies.

Great video.

The woman is clueless, if not senile. When she said we have to pass the bill to see what was in it, she was talking about herself. In the video, she says, “The revolving door is not so much Congress as the executive branch.” The ACA bill was written by former insurance company lobbyists working as Senate staff, who later went back to work for insurance companies.

DRIVEWAY
01-31-2014, 02:12 PM
only for a few months was that true (about 5 as I recall) and for 2 years she even had a republican in the white house.

During the filibuster proof period Obamacare was passed. Not one senate Republican voted for Obamacare. When Kennedy passed and Brown was elected the filibuster proof democratic controlled senate simply reverted to a majority.

There was at a minimum an agenda setting Democratic majority in the senate throughout Pelosi's tenure.

Bush was forced to negotiate with the democrats to get things done.

Boehner has sent countless bills to the senate that Reid has let collect dust. There is no negotiating by the democrats.

Sing Pelosi's praises all you want but it was a different reality.

Obama's slogan is "My way or the Highway". He proclaims that every unsolved problem is the responsibility of the Republicans.

Gridlock in Washington is usually the number one guarding of our freedoms. Normally compromise becomes governments best approach. But Reid and Obama won't negotiate in good faith.

Tom
02-01-2014, 10:37 AM
I disagree with her 95% of the time, but she was very effective at keeping the troops in line. Totally agree with you on this one.

Says a lot about her troops.
The women is a blithering idiot and should be institutionalized.
Butt ugly, too. :eek: (I apologize to any butt I may have offended)

BlueShoe
02-01-2014, 12:31 PM
She believes that communism works, and now that it is failing, as it always has and always will, she is baffled. The problem is that many if not most members of her party believe the same thing, thus government will continue to be dysfunctional until a true Constitutional Republic form of government is restored.

fast4522
02-01-2014, 01:45 PM
dysfunctional until a true Constitutional Republic form of government is restored.

And many of what is left of the Roosevelt babys are safely in the ground.

fast4522
02-01-2014, 02:07 PM
Check out the Post.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/

Tom
02-01-2014, 04:46 PM
dysfunctional until a true Constitutional Republic form of government is restored.

And many of what is left of the Roosevelt babys are safely in the ground.

The only thing that will save this country is 200 million torches and pitchforks.

Clocker
02-01-2014, 05:18 PM
The only thing that will save this country is 200 million torches and pitchforks.

Can you buy those with an EBT card? :confused:

JustRalph
02-01-2014, 06:04 PM
Can you buy those with an EBT card? :confused:

You can order one on an Obamaphone

Just dial

1-FREEBIE4ME

Clocker
02-01-2014, 06:43 PM
You can order one on an Obamaphone

Just dial

1-FREEBIE4ME

BUT WAIT!!!!

Order now and we will include a life-like Barack Obama Inaction Figure that does absolutely nothing!

Just pay separate shipping and handling.

Marshall Bennett
02-01-2014, 07:30 PM
She believes that communism works, and now that it is failing, as it always has and always will, she is baffled. The problem is that many if not most members of her party believe the same thing, thus government will continue to be dysfunctional until a true Constitutional Republic form of government is restored.
Good post :ThmbUp:. I lost what tiny bit of respect I ever had for the bitch after the way she hammered GWB on 60 minutes while he was president. No one, especially a person of her stature should speak of a sitting president in that manner. Believe she referred to him as another Adolph Hitler and whatever else, it's been several years ago and I can't remember it all. She's scum and she sickens me. :ThmbDown:.

OntheRail
02-01-2014, 07:42 PM
BUT WAIT!!!!

Order now and we will include a life-like Barack Obama Inaction Figure that does absolutely nothing!

:lol: :lol:

BlueShoe
02-01-2014, 08:00 PM
BUT WAIT!!!!

Plus, at no additional charge, we will add a genuine Barack Obama teleprompter. It doesn't actually work, but of course, neither does the president.

davew
02-01-2014, 08:48 PM
BUT WAIT!!!!

That is NOT correct, he is very good at campaigning and fooling the easily fooled. He is trying to help many Democrats with their campaign, although some are saying thanks but no thanks....

Mike at A+
02-01-2014, 10:25 PM
When you look up "airhead" in the dictionary, there she is.

mostpost
02-01-2014, 11:04 PM
During the filibuster proof period Obamacare was passed. Not one senate Republican voted for Obamacare. When Kennedy passed and Brown was elected the filibuster proof democratic controlled senate simply reverted to a majority.
A sixty vote majority is the only majority that means anything. Republicans have filibustered more legislation during Obama's Presidency than in the entire history of the Republic previously.

There was at a minimum an agenda setting Democratic majority in the senate throughout Pelosi's tenure.

Bush was forced to negotiate with the democrats to get things done.
I don't recall that and I don't think it happened. If Bush had a good idea-rare I know-democrats supported it, unlike Republicans who will vote against anything Obama proposes, even something they previously were in favor of.

Boehner has sent countless bills to the senate that Reid has let collect dust. There is no negotiating by the democrats.
And Reid has sent countless bills to the house which Boehner has let collect dust. The difference is that the bills Reid sends are good, useful bills, while Boehner sends garbage. Such as forty two bills to repeal Obamacare.

Sing Pelosi's praises all you want but it was a different reality.

Obama's slogan is "My way or the Highway". He proclaims that every unsolved problem is the responsibility of the Republicans.

Gridlock in Washington is usually the number one guarding of our freedoms. Normally compromise becomes governments best approach. But Reid and Obama won't negotiate in good faith.
This last paragraph is an incredible combination of dumb and false. The Republicans idea of compromise is if Democrats will agree to cut spending, Republicans will agree to cut taxes, but only if Democrats also agree to cut regulations. How many times has one of the Republicans/conservatives/Lbertarians/Tea baggers on this board said they will never compromise. More than I can count

mostpost
02-01-2014, 11:07 PM
Just where did Pelosi say that? I am looking for an actual quote, not something that is floating around in your disordered Bolshevik obsessed mind.

DRIVEWAY
02-01-2014, 11:27 PM
This last paragraph is an incredible combination of dumb and false. The Republicans idea of compromise is if Democrats will agree to cut spending, Republicans will agree to cut taxes, but only if Democrats also agree to cut regulations. How many times has one of the Republicans/conservatives/Lbertarians/Tea baggers on this board said they will never compromise. More than I can count

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bush negotiated with the Dems to enact Part D of Medicare. Without this negotiation there would be no Part D.

Do you remember?

By 2020 the national debt will be more than 20 Trillion. Will your grand children be able to pay the interest on that debt or do you propose confiscating their assets to reduce it?

NJ Stinks
02-02-2014, 01:03 AM
One thing I really admire about Nancy Pelosi is that she pisses you guys off so much.

The woman knows how to get things done and, apparently, that upsets the right(ies). :jump:

Clocker
02-02-2014, 01:05 AM
unlike Republicans who will vote against anything Obama proposes, even something they previously were in favor of.

Name one.

Clocker
02-02-2014, 01:11 AM
By 2020 the national debt will be more than 20 Trillion. Will your grand children be able to pay the interest on that debt or do you propose confiscating their assets to reduce it?

The unfunded liabilities of the government, including promised Social Security payments for which no reserves exist, are well over $100 trillion.

JustRalph
02-02-2014, 04:39 AM
GObKpWdwJA4

Clocker
02-02-2014, 10:04 AM
Lanny Davis was White House special counsel to former President Clinton and is a regular guest on cable news shows supporting Democratic policies. Davis says (http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/197181-ex-clinton-aide-dems-must-admit-they-screwed-up-on-o-care) that ObamaCare is a mess, and that Nancy Pelosi owes the American people an apology.

A top Democratic strategist on Friday said his party needs to admit they "screwed up" on ObamaCare.

In an interview on Fox News' "The Kelly File," Lanny Davis, White House special counsel to former President Clinton, said Democrats — including House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (Calif.) — should take ownership of their mistakes on the healthcare law.

"Nancy Pelosi should say that — we messed up...We have to take ownership," Davis said, indicating that admitting fault is the first step to fixing the Affordable Care Act.He added that the private sector should have had more of a role in developing HealthCare.Gov, which debuted Oct. 1 with significant glitches.

"We screwed up," Davis said, advising Pelosi that she should admit that Democrats relied too heavily on the government to set up ObamaCare.

Interesting that he does not place any blame on Obama for ObamaCare. Hard to tell if he is trying to protect Obama or to correctly indicate that he had no part in the plan and was totally clueless as to what was in the bill.

Tom
02-02-2014, 10:44 AM
Ralph is on a roll this weekend! :lol:

fast4522
02-02-2014, 10:57 AM

I disagree sometimes, like now. I think it is enough that maybe half that number might even think like me. That is quite enough to make every single liberal fear that just around the corner there will be a time when everything they have worked so hard for will be taken away.

Saratoga_Mike
02-02-2014, 11:15 AM
One thing I really admire about Nancy Pelosi is that she pisses you guys off so much.

The woman knows how to get things done and, apparently, that upsets the right(ies). :jump:

She was effective. John Boehner should have taken notes. I disagree with her the vast majority of the time, but I can't say that she "pisses me off."

Tom
02-02-2014, 11:31 AM
Can Boehner read?
Or write?

Funny, he has never shown any signs of intelligence.
I doubt either skill is required to be in the House of Ill Repute, er, Representatives ( a misnomer)

Saratoga_Mike
02-02-2014, 11:32 AM
Can Boehner read?
Or write?

Funny, he has never shown any signs of intelligence.
I doubt either skill is required to be in the House of Ill Repute, er, Representatives ( a misnomer)

Did you know his father ran a bar and he has 17 siblings? How many times must we be subjected to that story?

johnhannibalsmith
02-02-2014, 12:19 PM
She was effective. John Boehner should have taken notes. I disagree with her the vast majority of the time, but I can't say that she "pisses me off."

She's a quintessential contemporary politician. She is an airhead, dunderhead, comedy act, etc, etc, when she's trying to sound genuine, but what she excels at and is far from being any of those things is when she is scheming and conniving.

You can admire her ability to "rally the troops", and I guess that's what is expected of members in that role, but as I get more cynical every hour, I don't find it terribly admirable. She's a power tool of party power and control, advancing the self-preservative and power amassing desires of those that she deems allies, but she is the antithesis of good governance, in my opinion.

She's hardly the only one that fits that characterization in politics. But few are as transparently disinterested in actual leadership for the benefit of constituents through policy borne from sound ideas while overtly interested in leadership borne from winning every petty battle and war for the benefit of the retention of power in her party.

She is an idiot in all the right places and an evil genius in all the wrong places, in other words.

Saratoga_Mike
02-02-2014, 12:34 PM
She's hardly the only one that fits that characterization in politics. But few are as 1) transparently disinterested in actual leadership for the benefit of constituents through policy borne from sound ideas while overtly interested in 2) leadership borne from winning every petty battle and war for the benefit of the retention of power in her party.

1) Her voting/leadership record are completely consistent with her constituents' wants/desires/beliefs - it just so happens that you and I would never vote for her.

2) She should fight to retain power for her party.

johnhannibalsmith
02-02-2014, 01:27 PM
1) Her voting/leadership record are completely consistent with her constituents' wants/desires/beliefs - it just so happens that you and I would never vote for her.

2) She should fight to retain power for her party.

Well, I started to peck at this, but it took about four sentences before it starts to get bogged down in minutia and perception and was well on its way to becoming a long dissertation that I feel less-than-motivated to see through to finality since most of it is subjective and like all things political, facts are only supportive or unsupportive in isolation from other facts.

Sure, she should fight to retain power for her party, but not as a default and primary consideration on every issue. And that, in my mind, more than probably any other piece of fecal matter in the septic tank that is American politics, is what she is all about now. She has no values, she has no scruples, she has no cause beyond "winning", not for her people or for her country, but for her money making, power hungry party. She's a Koresh, with a cadre of other Koreshes (not sure how to pluralize that) and we're all her little Davidians.

I don't like her. I don't respect her. It's actually fairly rare that I can dislike someone and not respect them. Usually those I dislike register some measure of respect just because they stand for something of value, just not anything I value. I don't respect what she stands for because in my mind anyway, it's exactly what she alleges to rail against - personal greed and ego that leads to the misfortune of others.

Tom
02-02-2014, 02:40 PM
Did you know his father ran a bar and he has 17 siblings? How many times must we be subjected to that story?

I don't care what his father did or how many kids he had.
Boehner has been total fool in his job. I have no idea what story your are talking about.

Saratoga_Mike
02-02-2014, 02:54 PM
I don't care what his father did or how many kids he had.
Boehner has been total fool in his job. I have no idea what story your are talking about.

I guess you've never seen him interviewed for more than 3 minutes...constantly brings up the bar.

fast4522
02-02-2014, 03:18 PM
Why we can not pull together.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0611/57139.html

Tom
02-02-2014, 04:11 PM
I guess you've never seen him interviewed for more than 3 minutes...constantly brings up the bar.

And what the heck does that have to do with anything?
His father was a successful business man and he is a jerk?
Whenever I hear the name Boehner, I think of the bar, too - I need a drink to forget what a total dipstick we have representing us in the House.

davew
02-02-2014, 05:21 PM
The government sponsored ponzi scheme has been doing quite well. I am not sure what it will take to make it crash, and hope it does not happen during my lifetime. Finding new investors will soon be an issue, possibly MyRA or increased social security donations with a higher maximum pay.

Nancy is just a part of the DNC machine, and they are all about promoting themselves and keeping the kickback machine alive.

PaceAdvantage
02-02-2014, 07:55 PM
Tea baggersI want those on the left to take note the next time they like to point out the vulgarity of those here on the right.

BlueShoe
02-03-2014, 11:42 AM
Just where did Pelosi say that? I am looking for an actual quote, not something that is floating around in your disordered Bolshevik obsessed mind.
My so called Bolshevik obsessed mind, as you put it, is not an illusion or the product of a disordered mind, but based on reality. The Democratic Party, in recent decades, has become radicalized and gone so far to the left in it's embrace of Marxism that my sometimes sarcastic remarks on Bolshevikism come disturbingly close to actuality. The left, or so called "Progressive" wing of the Democratic Party has come dangerously close to being the de facto Communist Party, and that frightens and angers me, as it should all thinking citizens.

Saratoga_Mike
02-03-2014, 01:47 PM
And what the heck does that have to do with anything?
His father was a successful business man and he is a jerk?
Whenever I hear the name Boehner, I think of the bar, too - I need a drink to forget what a total dipstick we have representing us in the House.

He was actually a successful businessman, too - chemicals disti biz. The point was he's constantly referring to the bar biz, which has no bearing on his current job as you've pointed out. Sorry - the reference was obscure, I guess.