PDA

View Full Version : DRF FORMULATOR 3.1

daylami
04-04-2004, 12:00 PM
i actually liked the early versions. i have never thought 3.1 worked well. i think 4.0 will be a nightmare.

the support staff at drf maybe slightly above high school graduates.

has anyone else had problems with the formulator software?

andicap
04-04-2004, 04:02 PM
nope, when i've used it, it's been bug-free.

Steve 'StatMan'
04-05-2004, 03:11 AM
I'm pretty happy with it. There is a field or 2 missing from the exports that would be nice to have for my own customized pps. I have a few thoughts I keep meaning to share, but may after 4.0 is implemented, they're busy right now.

One thought - you may want to limit how many downloaded Formulator files you keep in the main directory. I've been keeping my local track for the last 3 years or so, plus every track in the country for the last 15 months. Eventually it took a long time to load the list of available cards into memory. Now I keep most of the older files in another directory, and that speeded things up, and stopped things from freezing up on me.

Marc At DRF
04-05-2004, 01:12 PM
Regarding our support staff-- it's recently been entirely replaced. The outsourced people are being managed differently, we've got one new guy in-house, another one starting next week, and a third in the next few months. Plus we'll be supporting Formulator's launch with a couple extra in-house guys running in shifts from 9am until like 11pm EST, for the first month, probably longer.

Missing fields for export-- I'm aware of a couple we are fixing, please e-mail me privately with any you have.