PDA

View Full Version : Round the tracks Sat. April 3

Valuist
04-03-2004, 12:54 PM
KEE 1st-KESSLER- Value should be there. Weekend warriors wouldn't consider a horse like this, thinking that inside and speed is the only way to play Kee. Yesterday's results proved that wasn't the case. There was several training race winners in that FG field, and he will have to run down's She's Enough again, but ironically, the Kee track may be more to his liking than the FG track was

KEE 6th-PRAYER BELL (turf only)- liked the way he took to the lawn. The winner of that race came back to beat a solid field in his next. Ballado Breeze will be tough but I think he's better on the main track than the turf. The Jan 24 GP NW1x is looking like a key race so I wouldn't be surprised if BB won, but I think that will happen when they go back to dirt.

GP 4th- BUSHWICK-I figure this horse should be around 8-5 but the selectors aren't as high on him for some reason. I would gladly take 5-2 or 3-1 over this very suspect field.

TAM 5th- POISE-should be on the lead. Can't see anyone really pushing her up front.

TAM 10th PROMISES- this horse has some considerable back class, having Beyered a 98 and 87. Then the horse went bad. Last time out was a big turnaround. It looks like they figured out what was wrong. No reason he can't get back to the 87, and maybe even a 98.

HAW 1st- HOLE IN THE GLASS-definitely is the dominant speed in here. Sports Channel also has speed but quits very badly. March 12 at Haw was a speed killing track. Hopefully Silva will keep Hole in the glass a couple paths removed from the inside

HAW 3rd- TEZ TARAK- made a nice close to be second to a lone speed Eejay last out. He should be finishing strongly on what figures to be a good outside

HAW 7th(Ill Derby) SONG OF THE SWORD beat Sinister G last out, who was good enough to win the Lane's End. This horse can be up close but definitely doesn't have to be on the lead. This is the lone Future Bet representative in the field. Migliore comes in for the mount; he's won this race before.

SA 8th (SA Derby) ROCK HARD TEN- very lightly raced but others have issues in here. Wimbledon had a perfect pace setup last time and the race on paper looks better than it really was. Imperialsim also benefitted from a couple good pace setups. St. Averil will be tough; I think Rock Hard Ten will be closer to a soft pace than the other contenders.