PDA

View Full Version : This is a rider and horseman

turninforhome10
01-23-2014, 09:15 AM
Would you see this kind of grit and determination in any of the jocks you might be watching today?
http://www.frequency.com/video/what-did-you-think-of-omer-ays-ride-on/143474732

Kid is a real horseman. All that and get popped for the weight of the iron on the saddle that was lost. :bang: Still a hell of ride.

devilsbag
01-23-2014, 10:00 AM
http://img1.imagesbn.com/p/9781603113434_p0_v1_s260x420.JPG

Scanman
01-23-2014, 01:50 PM
Interesting that someone found this clip and posted it.

I was at this race on my recent trip to OZ. I had him in my exactas and was hoping that he would continue to ride him out. Speed holds up very well on the inner turf at Morphettville and the horse was game enough, though it looked like the grey (favorite) didn't want to go by him.

BTW, he kept the race. The bit of gear that came lose was within the tolerance that a jockey could lose during the running of a race. I think it was less than half a pound.

I was in the paddock when he came back in the ambulance, instead of riding the horse back. He got one helluva round of applause and someone close to me asked him how he felt. I don't remember the exact response, but his words to the effect that "my balls are in a bit of a mess". You would certainly think so.

turninforhome10
01-23-2014, 05:38 PM
Interesting that someone found this clip and posted it.

I was at this race on my recent trip to OZ. I had him in my exactas and was hoping that he would continue to ride him out. Speed holds up very well on the inner turf at Morphettville and the horse was game enough, though it looked like the grey (favorite) didn't want to go by him.

BTW, he kept the race. The bit of gear that came lose was within the tolerance that a jockey could lose during the running of a race. I think it was less than half a pound.

I was in the paddock when he came back in the ambulance, instead of riding the horse back. He got one helluva round of applause and someone close to me asked him how he felt. I don't remember the exact response, but his words to the effect that "my balls are in a bit of a mess". You would certainly think so.

Thanks for the reply. That was very thoughtful to share the experience. Glad he got to keep the win. Would have to think if he was thinking of having kids, he might need to wait a while until things get back to normal down there.