PDA

View Full Version : Track Designation Change

Track Collector
01-22-2014, 11:36 PM
As we speak Los Alamitos must be close to completion of track expansion required to host a 2-week thoroughbred race meet in CA in early July/2014. They will also run a 3-week meet in December/2014.

I think I also heard that during the thoroughbred meet they will still run their night racing program which consists of mostly Quarter Horse races and a few low level thoroughbred races.

For purposes of differentiating between the two different race programs run on the same day, it would seem almost mandatory to come up with a track designation for the daytime thoroughbred races which is different from the current nighttime track designation of "LA".

Just like with other track name changes, various folks involved with racing data (including users and programmers of homegrown and commercial software) will need to know ASAP so that the impacted software can be modified to recognize this new track designation.

BTW, now that River Downs will be called Belterra Park, I suspect a new track designation will occur there as well.

Anyone with info please let us know!

Chris

OTM Al
01-23-2014, 04:53 AM
Speaking of new designations, we will need one for one of our new favorite places, Hazel Park.
http://www.paulickreport.com/news/the-biz/thoroughbred-racing-returning-to-hazel-park/

May Marty be with you

tanner12oz
01-23-2014, 06:16 AM
So there will be no more split programs with a mix of tb's and quarters?

Just a Fan
01-23-2014, 01:45 PM
They definitely have to come up with a new track code for the daytime cards because those cards will be run over the mile oval, while the traditional nighttime racing will continue to be conducted on the 5 furlong bullring. This may be the only instance where horseplayers would actually WANT an updated track code. The expansion is complete, and horses are already moving in to be stabled at Los Al, and we should start to see recorded workouts on the new track soon... that should tip us off on what the new track code is.

Los Al's nighttime cards will be unaffected, they will actually run doubleheaders on Fri-Sun when the major meet is taking place.

Tom
01-23-2014, 01:48 PM
LAM
LPM

devilsbag
01-23-2014, 02:28 PM
Perhaps they will utilize the boxed dot, which is commonly referred to as the inner dirt symbol.

I know I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for a decision.

Fingal
01-23-2014, 04:40 PM
Just Santa Anita has a different symbol from Oak Tree which is now the SA Fall meet ( even though it's the same track ) or Hollywood big meet to Fall meet, now there's also going to be a regular & Fall Del Mar. And now there's going to be all this Los Al stuff ? I'd sure hate to be a selling a program with all the changes to track data import designations, those guys are going to be busy making adjustments & fixing bugs.

Al Gobbi
01-24-2014, 01:34 AM
For training purposes, Los Al is now a one mile oval in that regard. They will continue to use the current 5/8ths oval for any 4 1/2 Furlong or 870 yard races as it is illuminated for night racing while the expansion part currently isn't.

I do believe that they are planning in the spring and summer after DST goes into effect that they will run the 4 1/2 Furlong races using the one mile oval .

Ted Craven
01-24-2014, 01:08 PM
BTW, now that River Downs will be called Belterra Park, I suspect a new track designation will occur there as well.

Anyone with info please let us know!

Chris

Per Equibase today, the Track Code for the new Belterra Park will be --> BTP. Meet starts in the Spring (May?)

Ted

wisconsin
01-24-2014, 05:20 PM
Per Equibase today, the Track Code for the new Belterra Park will be --> BTP. Meet starts in the Spring (May?)

Ted

Why couldn't they just go with Belterra's River Downs and keep the track code alone?

Tom
01-25-2014, 09:35 AM
Because they don't care and because, probably, they are trying to escape being associated with River Downs.

jballscalls
01-25-2014, 09:42 AM
Why couldn't they just go with Belterra's River Downs and keep the track code alone?

I think they have a brand and they're the ones spending most of the money, so they want it identified with their brand.

wisconsin
01-25-2014, 10:25 AM
I think I speak for many horseplayers when I say I could care less who's brand a racetrack is, but you are correct. It's their money.

Track Collector
01-26-2014, 12:43 AM

Same reason Betfair Hollywood Park changed the code from Hol to BHP.

By the way, BRD could not have been considered as it is currently the code for dormant track Blue Ribbon Downs in Sallisaw, Oklahoma. BRD last ran a live meet in 2009.

Al Gobbi
04-06-2014, 06:03 PM
Equibase track code for the thoroughbred meets at Los Alamitos: LRC

http://www.equibase.com/profiles/Results.cfm?type=Track&trk=LRC&cy=USA

whodoyoulike
04-06-2014, 08:03 PM
Is anyone familiar with Los Alamitos race track? Tried Google and no luck.

Is it a 1 mile track? Probably no turf course, yes or no? Dirt or poly?

Thanks,

andtheyreoff
04-06-2014, 08:08 PM

Thanks,

1 mile dirt track will be used for their thoroughbred meet. No turf yet.

Tom
04-06-2014, 09:30 PM

Thanks,

http://www.losalamitos.com/

I am pretty sure this is before the renovations to make it bigger....

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=los+alamitos+race+track&ie=UTF-8&ei=Cv9BU6L0E6Xr2QXj9IHoCQ&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ

Track Collector
04-07-2014, 10:46 PM
Equibase track code for the thoroughbred meets at Los Alamitos: LRC

http://www.equibase.com/profiles/Results.cfm?type=Track&trk=LRC&cy=USA

Thanks Al, that is a big help!