PDA

View Full Version : A game changing product

JustRalph
01-22-2014, 06:12 AM
This is going to be big..........

7EzjMKQyaE0

More here

http://www.flir.com/flirone/

This is a game changer. Cops? Fireman? Hunters? Vibration analysis in industrial applications just added heat analysis for 300 bucks?

Security applications will be huge.

JustRalph
01-22-2014, 06:27 AM
First personal thermal imaging device for the iPhone*, available worldwide at popular retail outlets in Spring 2014 for less than $350. FLIR ONE™ for select Android models will be available later in 2014.

See in the dark, observe invisible heat sources, compare relative temperatures, see through smoke, and even see through some materials.
Fits on the phone like a protective case, displays a live thermal image of the world around you right on the phone’s screen, and captures still images and videos.

Load captured images directly to the camera roll and easily share on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social-media channels.
Onboard battery source powers the device for more than two hours of continuous use; can also be configured to boost iPhone5 and 5s* battery life by 50 percent.

Available in three colors (space grey, white, and gold), which seamlessly match the brushed aluminum and matte black or white exteriors of iPhone5s* models.
Software development kit to develop FLIR ONE™ apps will be available in Q1 2014.

Scene range temperature: 32 °F to 212 °F (O °C to 100 °C)
Operating temp: 32°F to 113 °F (O °C to 45 °C)
Weight: 3.2 ounces (90.718 grams)
Dimensions: L 5.5 inches (139.7 mm) x W 2.4 inches (60.96 mm) x H .85 inches (21.59 mm)
Battery capacity: 1400 mA/h (configurable between thermal imager and iPhone® battery bank life - maximum thermal imager battery life is approximately two hours continuous use)
Core: FLIR® Lepton thermal camera core
Visible camera: VGA (used for FLIR® MSX® blending)
Charging method: micro USB and 900 mA wall charger (charges FLIR ONE™ and then the iPhone*)
Connects to iPhone* with USB interface
iPhone* compatibility: iPhone5*, iPhone5s* running iOS 7 or above
Included Apps: FLIR ONE™ MX
Included accessories: USB charging cable, leatherette case
Certifications and standards: FCC, CE, RoHS

Color palettes (B/W, W/B, Rainbow, Contrast, Arctic, Hot/Cold, Iron)
MSX Blending (Adds visible spectrum detail to thermal images and enhances resolution)
Still image capture
Video capture (.mov format)
F and C temp readout (spot meter)
Battery boost controls
Frictionless Sharing (Twitter, Facebook, e-mail, SMS, etc.)
Copy images to camera roll
Battery charge monitor

Who's the first person to point one of these at horses in the paddock? Or maybe Vet use?

Tom
01-22-2014, 11:07 AM
Whoah!
You can actually "google" the HOT chics in a bar with your phone????
Man, technology......

DRIVEWAY
01-22-2014, 11:23 AM
Whoah!
You can actually "google" the HOT chics in a bar with your phone????
Man, technology......

And what would the "Hot Chics" be checking out.

HUSKER55
01-22-2014, 12:08 PM
not me, I was born ready and they all know it! :lol:

DRIVEWAY
01-22-2014, 01:24 PM
not me, I was born ready and they all know it! :lol:

Well now they should be saluting as they slooowly walk by.

HUSKER55
01-22-2014, 05:04 PM
:lol:

Tom
01-22-2014, 10:55 PM
And what would the "Hot Chics" be checking out.

I have an idea, but I couldn't hang my hat on it yet.

Dave Schwartz
01-22-2014, 11:25 PM
Ralph, I was thinking about this. It has some very strong negative potential.

Imagine someone who wants to B&E a house just walking down the side walk looking for houses with no warm bodies, or knowing which house has dogs.

I daresay that even the current version of such a product could work nicely for this.

A little scary, actually.

JustRalph
01-22-2014, 11:48 PM
The positives are outstanding though.

I sent the link to a buddy who owns a car restoration shop. He is excited about using it to look at motors as they are running. He mentioned being able to spot bad bearings etc.

My brother does vibration analysis on large pumps and generators. Just last week he became certified to use this same tech to augment his analysis. His company paid 3200 bucks for a simple camera to do the work. He states that this thing looks just as good

He also said that home inspectors are going to love this thing. He says you can spot roof leaks, freon leaks, refrigeration gases etc with it.

In cold weather states the uses are even more plentiful.

The circuit board pic on the website is interesting too.

Btw Dave. The burglars can already do all that stuff you cite. They always ring the doorbell first. Swear to gosh.

Longshot6977
01-24-2014, 08:52 PM
Do NOT do this if a thermal imaging camera is watching and you are easily embarassed, LOL.

https://vine.co/v/hY2PPurVtxH#

Dave Schwartz
01-24-2014, 09:06 PM
Btw Dave. The burglars can already do all that stuff you cite. They always ring the doorbell first. Swear to gosh.

Actually, we just had this a few nights ago.

6:45pm on a dark winter night and all of our lights appear to be out because we're watching TV in the den. A guy comes to the door. I turn on the light and he steps back 3 steps into the darkness. LOL - Do you think that was a red flag?

And why do you pick the house with all the lights out?

I called the police. They came quickly. Funny thing - my AR-15 was leaning into the corner nearest the door. I pointed to it and said, "Locked, not loaded," and the 3 cops just nodded and we talked on.

_______
01-25-2014, 05:47 PM
Ralph, I was thinking about this. It has some very strong negative potential.

Imagine someone who wants to B&E a house just walking down the side walk looking for houses with no warm bodies, or knowing which house has dogs.

I daresay that even the current version of such a product could work nicely for this.

A little scary, actually.

It measures surface heat. Unless you live in a two dimensional world, you're probably safe from this intrusion.