PDA

View Full Version : Friday Night Tykes

dav4463
01-22-2014, 01:37 AM
Anybody catch this reality show about youth football in San Antonio? It is what is wrong with youth sports in our country.

That show made me sick to my stomach. Kids should be playing football and making friends and the opposing teams should go get a pizza together after the game. But, these overzealous parents are too busy teaching their kids to win at all costs and hate their opponents. Sickening......

PhantomOnTour
01-22-2014, 01:54 AM
What channel?

Valuist
01-22-2014, 09:57 AM
What channel?

I think its on Esquire. Saw a promo for it last night during Horseplayers.

Grits
01-22-2014, 10:57 AM
Anybody catch this reality show about youth football in San Antonio? It is what is wrong with youth sports in our country.

That show made me sick to my stomach. Kids should be playing football and making friends and the opposing teams should go get a pizza together after the game. But, these overzealous parents are too busy teaching their kids to win at all costs and hate their opponents. Sickening......

Watching Horseplayers last night--was the first time I've ever watched ANY reality tv program. I don't care for them, but of course, Horseplayers, I wanted to see. I saw a good part of this program, as I had turned to the Esquire channel.

Like you, I thought it was sickening. The ugliness being displayed to these children, and the hammering by coaches towards some of them. Little boys, elementary school, in tears, over a football game. It was beyond pathetic--hurting children when the goal should be to build their self esteem and their skill by participating.

Parents have made fools of themselves forever at their own children's little league, tball, basketball games, etc. It says a lot about one's parenting skills. Often the neighborhood coaches seem frustrated as well. Sadly, but possibly, having never excelled on a field or on a court themselves.

Valuist
01-22-2014, 11:23 AM
Watching Horseplayers last night--was the first time I've ever watched ANY reality tv program. I don't care for them, but of course, Horseplayers, I wanted to see. I saw a good part of this program, as I had turned to the Esquire channel.

Like you, I thought it was sickening. The ugliness being displayed to these children, and the hammering by coaches towards some of them. Little boys, elementary school, in tears, over a football game. It was beyond pathetic--hurting children when the goal should be to build their self esteem and their skill by participating.

Parents have made fools of themselves forever at their own children's little league, tball, basketball games, etc. It says a lot about one's parenting skills. Often the neighborhood coaches seem frustrated as well. Sadly, but possibly, having never excelled on a field or on a court themselves.

That's reality TV for you. Try and put a freak show on to draw attention. The weirder, the better the ratings. Doesn't say much for the general viewing public.

burnsy
01-22-2014, 07:24 PM
What is it? Sounds like the male version of Dance Moms ...yeah kid, your whole life depends on this...future customers for the pharmacy...gee, I wonder why so many people grow up with "issues"

dav4463
01-23-2014, 01:05 AM
It reminded me of that show where all the crazy moms put their little girls into beauty pageants.

burnsy
01-23-2014, 06:39 AM
It reminded me of that show where all the crazy moms put their little girls into beauty pageants.

that's what I thought. the crap people watch just keeps these shows coming.

proximity
03-15-2014, 06:28 PM
this #28 on the predators is a heckuva player!

did anyone see that great run in the playoff game? little #28 is getting chased down the sideline by a kid that's like 6 ft tall and suddenly slams on the breaks, causing the huge 9 year old defender to tumble to the ground. hard to believe the two teams were the same age, but the smaller predators showed a lot of moxie to pull out the win!!

cj's dad
03-17-2014, 09:52 PM
I watched an episode the other day- I will not watch again. Pitiful exploitation of children ! I wish there was an emoticon for throwing up !!